Atlantis Princess

Billboard picks "Lady Marmalade" as the 12th best song of 2001

12. Christina Aguilera, Lil Kim, Mya, & P!nk, "Lady Marmalade" (No. 1, Hot 100)

As is true of any successful sports team, star power and roster balance goes a long way -- and when you have an all-star lineup of Xtina, Lil Kim, Mya and P!nk (plus production from Missy Elliott and Rockwilder) it’s near impossible to lose. Originally recorded by Labelle in 1974 (and later rerecorded in 1998 by All Saints), “Lady Marmalade” can be considered a rite of passage in popular music. And not only did this updated version, which added hip-hop to the original's thick brew, benefit from its association with Moulin Rouge! -- the hit soundtrack for which it was recorded -- but with four powerhouse vocalists roaring alongside each other and elevating one another's games, there was no way to ignore it, as the song topped the Hot 100 for the second time. -- L.H.

x

Lol at I wanna be Bad by Willa Ford not making it. Such an iconic song. And I see Hoku's Perfect day there which it didn't even chart back in the day, lol.

I despise this list.

Reading through that list made me wonder why Nicki Minge and Bacardi Breezer are credited with being female rap trailblazers, when Missy Elliott, Eve (and to some extent, Lol Kem) were doing it 20 years ago - and a lot better at that nat2