Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ruthless Love

rebirthing : Dancing with the Devil

“I’ve had a lot of lives – like my cat, I’m on my ninth life.” 
Demi Lovato’s explosive documentary series comes to a close with revelations about her broken engagement, her return to the studio, and exploration of moderation sobriety as she attempts to let go of her past and moves ahead living her truth. 

Resources:

The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) helpline
1-800-931-2237 (they also offer click-to-chat messaging) 
www.nationaleatingdisorders.org

SAMHSA Hotline for individuals and family members facing mental health and/or substance use disorders
1-800-662-HELP (4357) 
TTY: 1-800-487-4889 

Love Is Respect. Love is more than just the way you feel. Text loveis to 22522 for support and help understanding healthy relationships.
www.loveisrespect.org
1-866-331-9474
TTY 1-866-331-8453
Text: loveis to 22522
Chat Online: www.loveisrespect.org

Or if you need immediate support, please reach out to your local crisis text line:
USA: Text HOME to 741741
UK: Text SHOUT to 85258
Canada: Text CONNECT to 686868 or 741741

Learn how to save lives at endoverdose.net.

I thought the previous episode was the last one dead1 

I loved this episode a LOT. 

Her cutting her hair was v symbolic for her and I'm proud of her journey thus far rose1 

It's a very affecting episode. I like that now we understand more about her new haircut, that it's more than just for a trendy 'do; long hair to her is the heteronormativity that she's been following since childhood. Cutting it short broke that norm for her and became her first step to embrace her identity.

6 hours ago, An Impossible Princess said:

It's a very affecting episode. I like that now we understand more about her new haircut, that it's more than just for a trendy 'do; long hair to her is the heteronormativity that she's been following since childhood. Cutting it short broke that norm for her and became her first step to embrace her identity.

Exactly, and I am actually liking her current styling more than when she first did it. Shorter hair suits her facial features so well. She can definitely pull off the shorter 'do!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.