Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

fab

Prince Philip has died!

Already some of the stuff I'm seeing on twitter about...I don't know it just leaves a poor taste in my mouth. Feel how you'd like to feel about someone, but joking about someone's death just rubs me the wrong way. You don't have to mourn them, be sad about it, or even feel anything one way or another but...I mean at least let them get buried before you go nuts. dead1

1 hour ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Already some of the stuff I'm seeing on twitter about...I don't know it just leaves a poor taste in my mouth. Feel how you'd like to feel about someone, but joking about someone's death just rubs me the wrong way. You don't have to mourn them, be sad about it, or even feel anything one way or another but...I mean at least let them get buried before you go nuts. dead1

I agree, it's gross. May he rest in peace.

Whatever you feelings are on the man, or that institution — those two were married for 75 years. 

It’s not like he’s tragically died at 35 to leave his widow and his children to languish on or anything, but that’s got to be quite a loss for her.

1 hour ago, Billie Frank said:

Not a surprise tbh. Shame he couldn't make it to 100. 

I wonder if he would still have been entitled to a letter? nicki5

Although he has said some problematic things and doesn't have the most inclusive record, it's still sad for his family. As my boyfriend said - often when one goes, the other follows soon after. I wonder if Prince Charles is perched?

10 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

Whatever you feelings are on the man, or that institution — those two were married for 75 years. 

It’s not like he’s tragically died at 35 to leave his widow and his children to languish on or anything, but that’s got to be quite a loss for her.

It's morbid to think but I was wondering if this will signal the start of Elizabeth's decline. We've talked about the so called "broken heart syndrome" in both bio and psych and the persistence of this phenomenon in couple's that have been married for that long. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Mendes said:

It's morbid to think but I was wondering if this will signal the start of Elizabeth's decline. We've talked about the so called "broken heart syndrome" in both bio and psych and the persistence of this phenomenon in couple's that have been married for that long. 

The Queen is is what 94? 95? 

Her mother lived to be over a hundred — so, you know, it’s an open question. 

She could live another decade and I wouldn’t be surprised. She shied away from the shit that killed her father and her sister — and she lives in 2021. 

But, yeah — that though occurred to me too.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I don't think she will, she managed fine through the death of her mother and sister. She's in much better health than Phillip was at her age too.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.