Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Atlantis Princess

Demi's album debuts with more sales than Katy Perry's Smile

11 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

I mean if you're comparing it to Senile then you're setting very very very LOW standards. I pray for Debbie. 

So one of the biggest pop stars of the last decade is low standards? Poor Katy ari7

An album with no hits is outdoing an album that had NRO on it.

3 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

So one of the biggest pop stars of the last decade is low standards? Poor Katy ari7

An album with no hits is outdoing an album that had NRO on it.

I thought Debbie was having hits, that's what her fans seem to think anyway. NRO was released over a year before Senile. 

If we gotta compare Demi’s album sales to Smile’s to make it look successful, can we really call Demi’s album successful? The album’s done poorly, though I don’t think for the same reasons Smile did poorly. The album is fine, it’s her best in a long time, perhaps ever. But her time’s come and gone, and it’s got a lot to do I think with her...hard to swallow personality. She does and says a lot of off putting things and her career has suffered for it, whereas with Katy people just are looking for something more and different on an artistic level. Katy can remedy what’s keeping people away from her album, Demi...well Demi can’t. Or if she can, she has showed no signs that she will. 

7 hours ago, rocky road said:

whats the hit of the album gorls? the song with ariana is a snoozefest ari7

The Way You Don't Look at Me will make you bawl your eyes out. At least I did. rav2

There's also The Art of Starting Over, The Lover I Am, 15 Minutes, Cool by Gwen Stefani, Carefully, and My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriend with Saweetie.

If you really wanted to make this flop look successful, you should have compared it to Fergie's Double Dutchess. I think that is the only album in recent memory that sold even less than Smell.

34 minutes ago, Madonna said:

If you really wanted to make this flop look successful, you should have compared it to Fergie's Double Dutchess. I think that is the only album in recent memory that sold even less than Smell.

I'm actually more surprised that ex Disney stars sell more than Katy who was one of the biggest pop star last decade. Even Miley's Plastic Hearts debuted with more wat3

Just now, Atlantis Princess said:

I'm actually more surprised that ex Disney stars sell more than Katy who was one of the biggest pop star last decade. Even Miley's Plastic Hearts debuted with more wat3

Katys album was utter shit. The official lead single and title track is arguably one of her worst songs EVER. People have grown tired of her CLOWNERY and instead of finally establishing a more serious image, she did the exact opposite.

With Katy it's an image/marketing problem. The album came out after any hype had already died down.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.