Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Autumn Variations

Lana Del Rey Gets Backlash After Sharing Photos of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip

Lana Del Rey is receiving backlash on social media after showing her admiration for the longtime romance between the UK's Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip.

Following news of Philip's death on Friday (April 9), the 35-year-old songstress paid tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh by posting several vintage photos of the royal couple, who were married for 73 years.

"I’ve always loved the way they loved," Del Rey captioned the pictures on Instagram.

Source

40 minutes ago, Royalty said:

What exactly is wrong with this?

Well the Queen and Phillip were related for a start (distant cousins or smth=...plus he was racist and sexist and not to mention the Crown's history with colonization. Glorifying them is not exactly a good look but it's not the worst Lana has done so eh.. 

Honestly...so what? Certainly Philip as a man is not someone to really celebrate, but their marriage was impressive and surprisingly loving for the position that they were in. I don't think she's in any way idolizing the person, but the love and I don't think acknowledgement of the love and a marriage that long is a particularly bad thing. It was a real life fairy tale sort of marriage and I can't say I blame her for being appreciative of it, even if Philip was the way he was. 

29 minutes ago, august said:

She deserved it.

For me, it's like someone in 50 years time admiring the love between Donald Trump and Melania Trump. dead4

Prince Philip is problematic af, but how is this in any way comparable?

59 minutes ago, august said:

Because I think the marriage was political mad5, just like Trump's marriage was more about money/gold digging. 

What's not clicking sis?

dead2 They had a famously loving marriage, I thought. Neither of them needed money lbr rip2

7 hours ago, august said:

Because I think the marriage was political mad5, just like Trump's marriage was more about money/gold digging. 

What's not clicking sis?

Their marriage was well known for how much they loved one another. It was hardly political, no one in the government wanted her to marry him, they despised him. They tried to get her with many other men but she loved him. I have no idea where you got that idea, their love story is one of the most famous of the 20th century. dead1

7 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Their marriage was well known for how much they loved one another. It was hardly political, no one in the government wanted her to marry him, they despised him. They tried to get her with many other men but she loved him. I have no idea where you got that idea, their love story is one of the most famous of the 20th century. dead1

End her mad5

People at this point are just reaching for straws to have something to drag her for.

In her post she even said that she admired the long-lasting love they had for each other. dead2 I’m so tired of these uneducated gen-Z brats coming for Lana because she name-dropped Doja Cunt and whatever.

3 hours ago, Madonna said:

People at this point are just reaching for straws to have something to drag her for.

In her post she even said that she admired the long-lasting love they had for each other. dead2 I’m so tired of these uneducated gen-Z brats coming for Lana because she name-dropped Doja Cunt and whatever.

This is embarassing to say since he used to cheat on her just sayin' dead4 but overall it was a reach

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.