Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LÉON

Janet Jackson should be grateful to Justin

My only “problem” with the incident is that she already had covered her nipple with a star-shaped thing. Like, why? What was that?

I don't want to doubt her saying that it was planned or something, but that detail always felt somewhat suspicious to me. Like, she was very lucky to be wearing it that night.

1 hour ago, LÉON said:

2. Her only 2 songs that are still played in the UK

It depends what radio station you listen to. BBC Radio 2 have a surprising amount of Janet, Madonna and Whitney songs. gaga3 

I was shook when I was in the car with my Grandparents and "My Love Is Your Love" came on right after some ballad from the 50s.

3 minutes ago, Alvarø said:

My only “problem” with the incident is that she already had covered her nipple with a star-shaped thing. Like, why? What was that?

I don't want to doubt her saying that it was planned or something, but that detail always felt somewhat suspicious to me. Like, she was very lucky to be wearing it that night.

It was planned but only the top part of the costume was meant to come off. But Justin ripped off the part underneath too. 

2 hours ago, Alvarø said:

She was wearing a nipple shield. A shield, particularly the type known as a breast petal, can also be worn to smooth the transition between nipple and breast, so as to disguise the protuberant feature and present a smoother clothed profile. This was likely done so when you saw the red fabric her nipple might not be seen... obviously, it backfired.

2 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

I was shook when I was in the car with my Grandparents and "My Love Is Your Love" came on right after some ballad from the 50s.

My liked songs on Spotify when I play them on shuffle dead1

OT: Do some of you realise that you've been trolled? I don't think @LÉONseriously thinks JJ owes her relevancy to JT

29 minutes ago, Lynk said:

My liked songs on Spotify when I play them on shuffle dead1

OT: Do some of you realise that you've been trolled? I don't think @LÉONseriously thinks JJ owes her relevancy to JT

2:56.... Justins Noodlehair could never. lol2

@august Look it's daddy Barlow out singing all your faves. 

4 minutes ago, Lynk said:

Where did that random ass note come from? jj4

Idk but it was literally a better head voice note than most of the faves could ever wish to produce. true1

Anyway stan the UKs best boy band, who else could have a comeback after 10 years apart and duplicating their original success, managing to get 10 top #20 singles 20-30 years after forming and a #1 single 27 years after forming. rose1

A bop! rose1

20 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Idk but it was literally a better head voice note than most of the faves could ever wish to produce. true1

It was really impressive but it damn near gave me whiplash though cause of how sudden it was.

6 hours ago, LÉON said:

She had agency

Why yes, I believe she had a talent agency at some point jj2

6 hours ago, LÉON said:

Not buying that Janip is a victim, other than of the misogynistic backlash. Sexual violation is a completely different matter, this was a planned performance.

...but it was a violation. Yes, he didn't sexually violated her and a pair of boobs are boobs, but it should be viewed as a violation against her. I just gave an example that though it seemed different, it contained the same essence of what I was trying to say.

3 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

She was wearing a nipple shield. A shield, particularly the type known as a breast petal, can also be worn to smooth the transition between nipple and breast, so as to disguise the protuberant feature and present a smoother clothed profile. This was likely done so when you saw the red fabric her nipple might not be seen... obviously, it backfired.

Yes, basically this. It's rather quick for people to think that Janet had wanted the incident to happen just because she was always known as the sexually frenzy pop icon woman or whatever. BUT I believe that Janet also understood that back then, the Superbowl halftime show was targeted for a different demographics and that there were children that possibly watched the whole show with their parents. Thus why it made more sense for RL's quoted explanation to be what was planned to happen but Justin made a mistake. Or maybe he planned to do it exactly like how he had done it anyway.

Once again, I believe that boobs are just boobs and they are not at all naturally meant to be seen as an explicit organ, but my view isn't other people's views. So yeah.

23 minutes ago, An Impossible Princess said:

Yes, basically this. It's rather quick for people to think that Janet had wanted the incident to happen just because she was always known as the sexually frenzy pop icon woman or whatever. BUT I believe that Janet also understood that back then, the Superbowl halftime show was targeted for a different demographics and that there were children that possibly watched the whole show with their parents. Thus why it made more sense for RL's quoted explanation to be what was planned to happen but Justin made a mistake. Or maybe he planned to do it exactly like how he had done it anyway.

Once again, I believe that boobs are just boobs and they are not at all naturally meant to be seen as an explicit organ, but my view isn't other people's views. So yeah.

See, I really don't think this is the case because it very well could have backfired on him in the same manner that it did on her and he and everyone involved knew that. I just don't see how he and his team would be willing to take the risk of planning to show that much right as he was trying to get a solo career started which, at the time, was not a sure thing. Based on the shield she was wearing, I think we can all agree that there was a plan to remove part of the costume and show her bra, it just didn't happen that way during the show. It was an accident that neither one of them were really to blame for. This continued persistence in assigning blame to one of the two of them just makes it into something that it really wasn't. Now, that's not to say that things that happened afterward were not worth getting upset about because the treatment she received and his lack of intervention to defend her both are justifiably upsetting. But as for the event itself...it was just an unfortunate accident. 

9 hours ago, An Impossible Princess said:

Or maybe he planned to do it exactly like how he had done it anyway.

I don't know. Timberlake's reaction has never sat well with me. Maybe it's me, but, if I *accidentally* did what he did, I would have a shock of HORROR on my face instead of staring at her.

9 hours ago, An Impossible Princess said:

I agree, as well. Boobs are boobs. The human body, to me, is beautiful.

16 hours ago, LÉON said:

Thanks for the US stats. She's almost entirely unknown outside the US.

If that is so why  is she given Icon awards in Japan and South Korea and cited as an influence for the artists there, most notably Namie Amuro one of Japan's biggest acts.

9 hours ago, august said:

I think you mean your faves, like Katy, Gwen, Rihanna and Madonna bey11

But yes, take me to church daddy Barley, also you look more like him than his son does. rav2

Katy and Gwen can both hit D6s though... Gwen can actually hit the 6th octave in mixed voice. Unlike your faves Taylor and Sucsessica. bey11

1 minute ago, august said:

So can Ke$ha, it doesn't mean anything bey11

Have you heard Keesha attempt that live? Screaming a note through auto tune is irrelevant. Both Katy and Gwen have hit and sustained 6th octave notes live.

33 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Have you heard Keesha attempt that live? Screaming a note through auto tune is irrelevant. Both Katy and Gwen have hit and sustained 6th octave notes live.

Yes, and it sounds like a female ghost screaming that I have as my alarm clock sound that manages to scare me every time. brit15

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.