Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Is Marina officially the Queen of Alt-Pop?

3 hours ago, Luca said:

Just like BADLANDS should be in your top 20 albums of all time! true1 

more on my top 100, but with songs like walk the line? castle?  def a defining album hottie1

3 hours ago, rocky road said:

her vocals are horrid and her music is made for twinks with bad taste true1

so Xtina true1

15 hours ago, Simón. said:

Dragging racism, sexism and capitalism. All the things another alt singer loves. Marina officially surpassed her I fear true1 

I think you’re talking out of your ass. true1 

Marina will always be a bigger flop but it’s good to see her make somewhat bearable music again. true1 

23 hours ago, Hyun. said:

are we really rewarding her surface-level lyrics that were simply pulled out of headlines with no actual commentary on them just to pretend she's woke? laura1

MTE. She's been trying for years to write "meaningful" lyrics but they almost always fall flat. Sex Yeah is about the only time she pulled it off.

I don't mind the lyrics.  She always manages to write interesting lyrics no matter what themes she chooses.

However, I don't like this song.  It is classic Marina, but that is the problem. It sounds like an outtake from her early albums. There is no creativity or anything new. jj3 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.