Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

Movies/shows you like, but would be interested to see another adaptation of

I read the trilogy of The Mask comics today, the first series of which is what the far more popular Jim Carrey movie is loosely based on, and that would have to be my answer. I happen to love the 1994 film and it was especially one of my favorite movies as a kid (liked the cartoon a lot too at the time), but I would be very interested to see a reboot based on the far darker, far more violent comic. I imagine they'd still probably tone it down - like, they were never/will never include the scene where Big Head/Stanley in the Mask gets revenge on his third grade teacher for embarrassing him as a child by jamming his foot down her throat until she asphyxiates in front of her class bebe1 but I would be interested to see a villain/anti-hero (depending on who's wearing it) fight against people with cartoon physics that don't apply to them.

Frankenstein is another. I love many Frankenstein films, particularly the first three with Boris Karloff, but a more faithful adaptation would be great. The Kenneth Branagh is pretty faithful in terms of story, but it also sucks so bebe1 

3 minutes ago, Jake said:

Game of Thrones, specifically seasons 7 + 8

The books will probably have to be written first, but yea I could see them doing an animated version of the books way down the line, like more than ten years. I was kinda thinking Martin might finish writing at least the first one last year but I guess not bebe1 You've read the books? I haven't myself, have some interest.

My first answer would be Percy Jackson but seeing as this is already happening, I'll make some other picks. 

The Dark Tower would be a brilliant television series. But I'd want to them to actually adapt the books rather than take the stupid route of doing a sequel to the original story under the assumption the general public was familiar with the whole story (spoiler alert: they're not). It's ripe to fill the void for high fantasy left behind in the wake of Game of Thrones and it's time that one of King's masterworks gets it's due. 

Miss Peregrin's Home for Peculiar Children also deserves another shot and done the right way. It was a mistake lightening the tone. Make it just as dark and macabre as the novels and make it more geared toward teens and adults like the books were (the decision to make it family friendly and gear it towards kids with the movie was another massive mistake). There's material for something truly special if they'd do it the right way. 

Narnia. The material is there, the stories are there. Just do it. It's nowhere near as hard as every adaptation has made it. 

8 hours ago, SWINΞ said:

The Chronicles of Narnia please

1 hour ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Narnia. The material is there, the stories are there. Just do it. It's nowhere near as hard as every adaptation has made it. 

Yes. But I'm afraid that they will make Aslan the Lion look like one of those lions from the Lion King CGI film. jay1

I'd like a revamped Resident Evil series with actual good acting and true-to-source storyline, please. bey10

On 4/15/2021 at 1:28 PM, An Impossible Princess said:

I'd like a revamped Resident Evil series with actual good acting and true-to-source storyline, please. bey10

This. Such an injustice has been done to this franchise. Although I enjoyed the movies, they were crap by default.

Actually, I would like a movie reboot, not a TV show.

Adaptations from the Hays Code era.

But I'd want them redone in the same style, with Transatlantic accents, black and white cinematography and strong female leads, just without the "moral of the story" plot changes.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.