Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

SeekingThrill

Madonna's new projects - any news?

Where is Madame X tour release? um2  How long does it take to make her look 18? jj3  I think Madonna mentioned it being finished, but we are still waiting.

Any rumors about the album? That insider said she was in the studio, but her Instagram showed she was redoing some Madame X performances.

She is serving looks on Instagram and many probably think she is preparing a new era, but she has always served new looks between eras. Let's not forget pink look from 2020. eve1 

What about being a feature on her boyfriend's album?

- She's still editing the tour movie, so it may be out on Q3 or something.

- New album? Maybe. She kept her collab with Dua as a secret, so there's a chance that she's keeping her musical projects private now. The only kinda reliable rumour was the one about Pat Leonard and her making a song for her biopic, but tbh anything could happen since Kat Hudson is being so active with her on Social Media. Fun fact: her new house has a recording studio, so fingers tied. 🤞🏻

- Biopic: She has started following Los Javis, the men behind that Veneno series, who could be adapting her screenplay. I guess they could start filming by Q3 too. Streets keep saying that Florence has been casted, but we'll see.

- Ahla-Malik album: Their 'La Vie en Rose' collab might come out next tuesday, along with his album.

The script for the biopic is "finished" (she and Diablo submitted their draft which means from here their work on it is over, it will get passed through the hands of script doctors for some reshaping and refining before a final draft is completed). The process of refinement of a script, in general, is nowhere near as long as the initial writing stage so it's not unreasonable to say that the film could enter the serious pre-production phase in the summer and then get in front of the cameras in the fall. I would reckon that if they start late September/early October, then they could wrap principal photography in the first quarter of next year but that'll all be dependent upon how long this limbo period of the writing stage takes. 

As for the MX film, she said she screened it but that there's still work to be done. I'm gonna put this in a spoiler bc it's a big paragraph on how this process of a film usually goes and not everyone's gonna wanna read it so just read on if you're curious about where she may be in the process:

Spoiler

Based on what she's said in the past about other screenings, I think she's very close to the end of this. There are different stages of cutting that go into a final film. There's the assembly cut which is a shapeless assembly of footage. These cuts have little structure and tend to be incredibly long as there is no real editing done to them and especially no post-production work. This would've been assembled way ahead of her doing reshoots so this version was probably what she was working with when she announced that she was working on a MX film at all. Next comes a rough cut which is made using notes fromt he director. The director will view an assembly cut and decide on the film's structure, what they want the presentation to be, and how they would like the film to flow. Still, no post-production work is done here, it's just a trimmed down version of the film that has some actual structure in place. Then comes the work print which is a further edited version with some post-production work but still far from a completed version. Work prints are still rough around the edges as their purpose is not to be viewed, but to guide the final stages of the editing process. Then there will be the master version (called different things depending on who you ask) which is the film assembled as the director intends, post-production touches completed (filters, overlays, final edits, etc), and this is the version that will get shown to the director and producers and whoever's backed the film, and I think that's where she is currently. From there they can make some other adjustments to the film where needed such as tightening up some of the editing and tweaking post-production elements. I would think that she'll have her final version done and ready in the next couple of months, if not in the next month. From there it'll be up to whoever will be distributing it (it seems to be Netflix) to pick a release date.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.