Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Madonna

Where is the outrage over this?

52 minutes ago, mylifelies said:

Then again, Philip was racist. This is why he gets backlash, and he's that polarizing.

I’m not talking about HIM. I’m talking about stans (including people on here) selectively dragging artists for paying tribute to Philip or mourning him.

The point clearly went above your head.

8 minutes ago, Luca said:

Who cares really rip2 

The people who decided to drag Lana through the mud and then not say a word about Kylie being even more problematic.

37 minutes ago, Madonna said:

The people who decided to drag Lana through the mud and then not say a word about Kylie being even more problematic.

People dragged Lana here? nicki5

1 hour ago, Lynk said:

I feel like people pick on Lana because it's trendy to do so. That plus those picking on Lana are mainly Zoomers and Millennials 

she also makes it extremely easy to do so dead1

2 hours ago, Madonna said:

I’m not talking about HIM. I’m talking about stans (including people on here) selectively dragging artists for paying tribute to Philip or mourning him.

Stans were probably just dragging Lana for the sake of dragging Lana, not because of what she posted. 

2 hours ago, mylifelies said:

Then again, Philip was racist. This is why he gets backlash, and he's that polarizing.

It's complicated. Philip was someone who grew up in the 1920s, he has a history of saying what is now seen as questionable stuff but often it seems more from a humorous point of view and his way of breaking the ice in a conversation. I don't think he's actually racist or sexist by it's true definition or ever meant to cause offense, but rather just didn't realise certain things shouldn't be said. I think sometimes you just have to accept that people are a product of their time especially when it's someone that age, remember he was almost 50 when Homosexuality was legalised in the UK for example, the stuff people of his generation say isn't going to be politically correct.

8 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Stans were probably just dragging Lana for the sake of dragging Lana, not because of what she posted. 

It's complicated. Philip was someone who grew up in the 1920s, he has a history of saying what is now seen as questionable stuff but often it seems more from a humorous point of view and his way of breaking the ice in a conversation. I don't think he's actually racist or sexist by it's true definition or ever meant to cause offense, but rather just didn't realise certain things shouldn't be said. I think sometimes you just have to accept that people are a product of their time especially when it's someone that age, remember he was almost 50 when Homosexuality was legalised in the UK for example, the stuff people of his generation say isn't going to be politically correct.

I guess you're right. He does have a complicated history...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.