Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Lynk

But did I lie though?

Best vocalist of each decade 1960s-2010s (Females)

Aretha-Franklin-on-Stage-1968.jpgbarbra-streisand_11.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9hrBoOucOT1OR19XWw4uAYOtJda9gCz9zxA&usqp=CAU

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBR4dGcUyjcFpxIBFbVxOJF8KBoPUse6RPMw&usqp=CAUbeyonce.jpgariana-grande-200x200.jpg

1960s - Aretha Franklin

1970s - Barbra Streisand

1980s - Whitney Houston

1990s - Mariah Carey

2000s - Beyoncé

2010s - Ariana Grande

Part of being a great vocalist is the ability to control it.

Ariana certainly has the potential — she can already out sing her contemporary peers, but has she mastered that pesky control problem she had? 

That’s a genuine question — I haven’t listened to a lot of live Ariana in a few years. 

But to answer your question, I think she has half of it. 

In many ways, Demi Lovato is a better vocalist. Lady Gaga. If Ariana masters her shit, than yes, easily.

I was gonna say I'm not so sure about Ariana but I kinda can't think of any other mainstream pop female singer the last decade that's better than her? She's arguably better than Gaga.

edit: nvm kii kelly clarkson

1 hour ago, Darth Sidious said:

Part of being a great vocalist is the ability to control it.

Ariana certainly has the potential — she can already out sing her contemporary peers, but has she mastered that pesky control problem she had? 

That’s a genuine question — I haven’t listened to a lot of live Ariana in a few years. 

But to answer your question, I think she has half of it. 

In many ways, Demi Lovato is a better vocalist. Lady Gaga. If Ariana masters her shit, than yes, easily.

14 minutes ago, Jake said:

I feel as if Ari needs a lot more work to be considered the official voice of the 2010s. I think Gaga has more control over her voice than Ari does

I'm not the one who made the thread but my interpretation is that given the 2010s are over, whoever was "the voice" then always would be regardless of how much they improve or slip this decade bebe1 

13 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I'm not the one who made the thread but my interpretation is that given the 2010s are over, whoever was "the voice" then always would be regardless of how much they improve or slip this decade bebe1 

Wiseass.

1 hour ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

Yes, you did, especially with this one in the mix:

Reveal hidden contents

beyonce.jpg

Don't be mad cause I didn't put Screamtina hollering ass there bey11

7 minutes ago, Entea said:

Adele says hello... from the other side

And she can stay there ari2

I'd have put Xtina for 00s. 

Even though i don't nesserally agree with her being "better" Adele is easily the most impactful as a "vocalist" in the 2010s. 

I feel like ya'll haven't seen many Ari live performances laughcry1 She's obviously the contender for best vocalist of the past decade.

Except I'd probably say Gaga, myself. She doesn't follow the same trend as the previous girls, but she's like a version of Barbra.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.