Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ajp

Kylie Wines Hits 1 Million Sales Mark in just 11 Months

EzWuWPoVkA0IBDM?format=jpg&name=medium

DailyMail

Kylie Minogue celebrates selling 1 MILLION bottles of wine from her brand in a year

She's one of the most successful singers in the world with a career spanning more than three decades.

And Kylie Minogue has also proven herself to be quite the entrepreneur as she has sold one million bottles of wine over the last year.

The Australian hitmaker, 52, only launched her brand, Wines by Kylie Minogue, last May and bottles are said to have been selling at a rate of 85,000 a month.  

Success: Kylie Minogue has proven herself to be quite the entrepreneur as she has reportedly sold one million bottles of wine over the last year

Kylie told The Sun: 'I would never have predicted this. I'd no idea how it all worked, but I was willing to ask really dumb questions.

'I'm always giving bottles to friends because I want their opinions, or they'll give me bottles they think I should try.

'There's an interaction that's beautiful and fun. I never thought it would be called work.'

Kylie's wine line currently consists of two rosés, a sauvignon blanc, and a merlot. 

Business: The Australian hitmaker, 52, only launched her brand, Wines by Kylie Minogue, last May and bottles are said to have been selling at a rate of 85,000 a month

The star was recently said to have visited Howard Park Wines to taste test new wines for her label, according to The West Australian. 

The Perth-based winery is believed to be creating new products for Kylie's brand. 

The pop star's business partner for the venture, Paul Schaafsma, said that joining forces with Kylie was a no-brainer because of her name recognition.

'It is reassuring for someone perhaps scared of buying the wrong wine,' he told The Australian. 

'Because Kylie is someone they know and understand, they’re more likely to give it a try.

'And if we can ensure the wine is really good quality, the right price and stylistically what they’re looking for, they’ll come back again and again.'

kylie6

Not her wine selling better than her album, DISCO nicki4

15 minutes ago, ajp said:

Not her wine selling better than her album, DISCO nicki4

I'm sure there's people who only know her for her name and have no interest or like ion her voice but are interested in her other ventures like acting or in this case her wines. nicki4

How much of these sales are from curiosity alone, and how many repeat customers have they had, I wonder? kylie4

My boyfriend and I were shocked that the wine was French and not Igloo Australian. It seems like her name has just been slapped on the side of the bottle just to get people to buy.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.