Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Atlantis Princess

Britney posts about Black Lives Matter, whites get mad

Can someone educate me a bit about generational wealth? I know that it's somewhat an individualistic method of saving up for possible future generations down the line, but is that something more systemic than I assumed?

@Mr. Mendes You're usually good at this. I've googled, but it showed up results of private ownership of properties and wealth in a family, not necessarily for a larger group.

1 hour ago, An Impossible Princess said:

Can someone educate me a bit about generational wealth? I know that it's somewhat an individualistic method of saving up for possible future generations down the line, but is that something more systemic than I assumed?

@Mr. Mendes You're usually good at this. I've googled, but it showed up results of private ownership of properties and wealth in a family, not necessarily for a larger group.

White people's generational wealth in the US goes back to slavery. They directly proffited off of black slaves' free labor, while they themselves got nothing. When slavery was abolished, black people were left to fend for themselves and white people had pretty much everything made because of all those years of exploiting slaves. They had a huge head start, and all that has been inherited generation to generation til now. That, the fact that white people have always had an easier time getting jobs and have more access to education all contribute to what "generational wealth" means in the US, since jobs and education means money, and money gets passed down. This is pretty sumarized but that's basically it dsjkakj

3 hours ago, Tomás said:

White people's generational wealth in the US goes back to slavery. They directly proffited off of black slaves' free labor, while they themselves got nothing. When slavery was abolished, black people were left to fend for themselves and white people had pretty much everything made because of all those years of exploiting slaves. They had a huge head start, and all that has been inherited generation to generation til now. That, the fact that white people have always had an easier time getting jobs and have more access to education all contribute to what "generational wealth" means in the US, since jobs and education means money, and money gets passed down. This is pretty sumarized but that's basically it dsjkakj

Ah, alright. Now I understand. Thank you! hug1

10 minutes ago, Gilly said:

white people wanna be the victims so bad gag1 “black lives matter” doesnt mean that your poor white ass doesnt matter as well gag1

"I have trauma as well" like these people WANNA be oppressed because the attention is not on them. Like black people are happy to have all that generational trauma gag1

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.