Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Tahj

Derek Chauvin, killer of George Floyd has been found guilty for all three charges.

Former police officer Derek Chauvin has been found guilty by a Minneapolis jury for the murder of George Floyd.

Guilty on all three counts, the end of deliberations came one day after the closing arguments and rebuttals in the three-week trial were presented by defense lawyers and the prosecution on April 19 in Hennepin County District Judge Peter Cahill’s courtroom. Along with CNN Fox News and MSNBC, broadcast networks ABC, CBS and NBC all covered the more than six hours of the end of Chauvin’s trial in almost its entirety.

Facing a decade or more behind bars, Chauvin was charged with second-degree murder, third-degree murder; and second-degree manslaughter. Ranging in age from their 20s to their 60s, the 12-person jury was made up of three Black men, two white men, one Black woman, four white women, and two women who referred to themselves as mixed race. Seeking a unanimous conclusion, jurors could have convicted the accused Chauvin of all of the charges or none at all.

x

I could actually cry right now FINALLY we get justice after watching so many cops gets away with killing black people. The relief and happiness that I feel right now is just soooo good. Thank GOD! 

“For the first time” rip4 Clearly, we've still got SO much work to do.

But good, as they should. The bar is literally so fucking low at this point but yeah. clap3 

Justice served. clap3But as others said there's still a long way to go. I hope this will mark a turning point.

11 hours ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

Deserved. 

Hopefully this will make other racists think twice before shooting a minority.

Apparently a bunch of cops want to hand in their badges over this. eve1 Good riddance.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.