Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

Why isn't Reflection on Keep Gettin' Better?

I don't even like the song all that much but I think it's pretty weird that the album is subtitled "A Decade of Hits" and then the only song that came out in '98 isn't on there, not to mention it's kinda a significant point in her career. So what's the dealio?

Just now, Ruthless Love said:

I think it's because it was never promoted as a single from the debut album, and RCA probably saw the beginning of Christina's career with "Genie in a Bottle."

Ah, perhaps. I mean, I think that's kind of a bent/stupid logic on their part personally, but maybe that is the reason bebe1 

Just now, Cha Eunwoo said:

Because it was not a hit nicki5

I mean, they weren't gonna get sued for false advertising nicki5 Did it do poorly? I never paid any mind to how it did, I thought it did at least OK given they did a new version for the new Mulan bebe1 Are all the other songs on it true hits then? Surely there's one or two that didn't set the world on fire...

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I mean, they weren't gonna get sued for false advertising nicki5 Did it do poorly? I never paid any mind to how it did, I thought it did at least OK given they did a new version for the new Mulan bebe1 Are all the other songs on it true hits then? Surely there's one or two that didn't set the world on fire...

Other than Dynamite, all of the songs on there were hits. 

She was also due for a 2nd greatest hits album in 2018, but we all know why it didn't happen bebe1

4 minutes ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

Other than Dynamite, all of the songs on there were hits. 

She was also due for a 2nd greatest hits album in 2018, but we all know why it didn't happen bebe1

Well by that logic the album should've been called Nine Years of Hits bebe1 You see my point... bebe1 

Enlighten me bebe1 

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Well by that logic the album should've been called Nine Years of Hits bebe1 You see my point... bebe1 

Enlighten me bebe1 

What hits are there? Not Myself Tonight and? 

She barely released albums and had no hits in these 10 years.

2 hours ago, LeaHeartBroken said:

What hits are there? Not Myself Tonight and? 

She barely released albums and had no hits in these 10 years.

Not Myself Tonight

Your Body

Moves Like Jagger

Say Something

Fall In Line

bebe1 

It's only recently that she started paying attention and performing Reflection. She brought it back for nostalgia. It's a good song to be singing 20 years into her career after she's gone through so much. But I doubt that she or her label cared that much about it in 2008. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.