Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Dua earns another top 5 Hot 100 hit

Wait, didn't this peak at #5 already?

25 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Has anyone ever had a fifth single that was this big aside from Katy? dead2 

Save Your Tears and maybe Love On The Brain?

24 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Has anyone ever had a fifth single that was this big aside from Katy? dead2 

Closest I can think of was Cheers (Drink To That) by Rihanna being massive as the 7th

2 minutes ago, Lynk said:

Wait, didn't this peak at #5 already?

Love On The Brain?

That was the 4th single if we count Kiss It Better/Needed Me as seperate singles although they were released simultaneously.

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

Closest I can think of was Cheers (Drink To That) by Rihanna being massive as the 7th

Oh RIGHT! But like...Cheers kind of didn’t develop into the signature song of Loud the way Levitating did.

Also, I don’t anyone in the streaming era has managed to have a fifth single this big. Impressive! It also shows that singles (even long after the album release) still matter and can do wonders for an album!

4 minutes ago, Madonna said:

That was the 4th single if we count Kiss It Better/Needed Me as seperate singles although they were released simultaneously.

Oh RIGHT! But like...Cheers kind of didn’t develop into the signature song of Loud the way Levitating did.

Also, I don’t anyone in the streaming era has managed to have a fifth single this big. Impressive! It also shows that singles (even long after the album release) still matter and can do wonders for an album!

I agree. The only other massive 5th singles I can think of are Last Friday Night and Wildest Dreams tbh but like you said, those are before the streaming era. But Levitating was the first song developed for FN and the album revolves around it. From the first listen you could tell it was a smash, it was just waiting for it to happen

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.