Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Strobo

To the people who criticize certain artists for being calculated...

Just now, Simón. said:

You know yourself that this is not true rip2 

I think it’s quality music demi1  What the rest of the world thinks of it is none of my concern

53 minutes ago, Royalty said:

Lady Gaga

I like her but c'mon now let's not pretend Artpop, Joanne, Enigma and how Chromatica started out wasn't a mess dead2

8 minutes ago, Strobo said:

I like her but c'mon now let's not pretend Artpop, Joanne, Enigma and how Chromatica started out wasn't a mess dead2

bebe1 

13 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

A Good Part of Pop Divas are on the same level as Taylor and Beyoncé

Oh that's not how I meant it!

I mean it more like, people love to criticize these two for being calculated, when it's exactly that which keeps them consistent!

This is in no way meant as a "who makes the best music", just, I can't think of the time either of these two ladies have made major missteps.

Everyone else is either not quite at that level, or has had notable messy decisions.

1 hour ago, Strobo said:

Oh that's not how I meant it!

I mean it more like, people love to criticize these two for being calculated, when it's exactly that which keeps them consistent!

This is in no way meant as a "who makes the best music", just, I can't think of the time either of these two ladies have made major missteps.

Everyone else is either not quite at that level, or has had notable messy decisions.

Wait , isn't almost every Musician ''calculated'' ? rip4 They have a business plan in order to make money off their Music. It totally makes sense especially when you're independent 

15 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Wait , isn't almost every Musician ''calculated'' ? rip4 They have a business plan in order to make money off their Music. It totally makes sense especially when you're independent 

You'd be surprised how people overlook this to criticize these two, despite this basically being true for everyone. rip4

32 minutes ago, Strobo said:

You'd be surprised how people overlook this to criticize these two, despite this basically being true for everyone. rip4

They forget that this is called the Music Industry for a reason

Points, but I think it's not about being calculated, but more about how it is showcased or perceived and I think their PR has a lot to do with that! juicy1

I don't mind it because the music is good from both artists, although I have to warm up to Evermore juicy1

4 hours ago, Strobo said:

I can't think of the time either of these two ladies have made major missteps.

Beyonce not sending her shit to the radios since 2016 is a major misstep jj4 I could go off but I’m tired at this point. She’s just dropping and disappearing

Taylor ain’t delivering quality in my eyes. Her music is pretty subpar looking at the unwarranted acclaim it gets.

Overrated is a good way to put it honestly. Also, Beyoncé hasn’t done anything of quality since Lemonade.

48 minutes ago, Grams said:

Taylor ain’t delivering quality in my eyes. Her music is pretty subpar looking at the unwarranted acclaim it gets.

Overrated is a good way to put it honestly. Also, Beyoncé hasn’t done anything of quality since Lemonade.

Folklore is brilliant, please 

Just now, Urbi said:

Folklore is brilliant, please 

Trashy, overrated elevator music at its finest. Folk is never brilliant. It’s always bland and terribly overrated.

11 minutes ago, Grams said:

Trashy, overrated elevator music at its finest. Folk is never brilliant. It’s always bland and terribly overrated.

Some of the finest songwriting comes from folk records. Blue by Joni, Blonde on Blonde by Dylan, from the recent times For Emma by Bon Iver or Illinois by Sufjan. Overrated? Maybe in your eyes, but in terms of songwriting it’s absolutely not. 

3 hours ago, Grams said:

Folk is never brilliant. It’s always bland and terribly overrated.

That's such an absolute lie and I can hardly believe you typed lmao

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.