Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

Mariah Carey: Equivalent Album Units updated

E0x5A0CXoAMWrL8?format=png&name=900x900

Much like what @Shego stated about Madonna's sales, there's a possibility that the numbers could be higher since most of Mariah's US certification hasn't been updated since 1999. This is really cool to see! So, from what I gathered, Daydream has the most song downloads while Merry Christmas has the most streams, right?

34 minutes ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

A sad fact but yes! oprah15

I expected more sales on Butterfly, but maybe I'm biased since that's one of my fave albums bebe1 

They really need to sort her certifications out, most of her 90s albums have not been updated since 1999 while Emancipation was lasted updated over 15 years ago, so those numbers very much undervalue her actual sales. 

14 minutes ago, Royalty said:

I expected more sales on Butterfly, but maybe I'm biased since that's one of my fave albums bebe1 

Honestly, I'm not surprised with Butterfly total units. She had just came off of a very big era (Daydream) and had chosen to follow through with her "new" sound, which is actually the same genre that she had established herself in with the debut album a.k.a. R&B, but there's a difference between the sound of 1990 R&B and mid-90s R&B which is evident in the Butterfly album. She must have polarized her audience.

9 hours ago, Lynk said:

Butterfly sold 11 million? I thought it sold 7 million or something like that

This means Butterfly is technically her fifth best selling studio album oprah15 (not inclusive of holiday albums)

7 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

Her worst album having the highest sales? 
Another example in the GP having no taste oprah15

Is it really that bad? It's one of the Mariah Carey albums I haven't listened in full.

43 minutes ago, Lynk said:

This means Butterfly is technically her fifth best selling studio album oprah15 (not inclusive of holiday albums)

Is it really that bad? It's one of the Mariah Carey albums I haven't listened in full.

It's just really boring filled with generic tracks that sound the same and appeal to 50 year old soccer moms. There are some cute songs though. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.