Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

Israel CONTINUES ethnic cleansing in East Jerusalem

Basically, Israeli settlers (backed up by military forces) are currently stealing the homes of local Palestinian residents. The Israeli forces have already shot and killed multiple victims (including children). It's important to spread awareness esp. If you're American because the U.S sends billions annually to Israel in form of military aid as well as a large amount of your taxed Money goes into the oppression of the Palestinian people. This has been actively going on for over 70 years and has only progressively gotten worse. Till when? Why is Biden on mute?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/5/1/what-is-happening-in-occupied-east-jerusalems-sheikh-jarrah

For a good summary: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/COk_KDCFB_V/

For constant updates: https://www.instagram.com/eye.on.palestine/ 

Mess. I remember I watched a video about an Israeli man tell a Palestinian woman to leave her house awk1 It was messed up cause this is literally a Human Rights violaton. I don't understand why this isn't in the news 

I wasn’t aware that people were under the impression that this had stopped? I mean, Bibi spent four years gargling Trump’s balls at every opportunity for a reason.

Anyway, I wouldn’t hold my breath on getting the US Government or any western institution in general to condemn what’s happening, and that has happened for decades. The EU might pay it lip service, but ultimately won’t do much either. 

The only way I would ever see the US government, and any US President, condemn this is if the country is to suddenly become energy independent and totally self reliant in that regard. Until than, Israel will likely be allowed to continue this with impunity. 

1 hour ago, Darth Sidious said:

Anyway, I wouldn’t hold my breath on getting the US Government or any western institution in general to condemn what’s happening, and that has happened for decades. The EU might pay it lip service, but ultimately won’t do much either. 

The only way I would ever see the US government, and any US President, condemn this is if the country is to suddenly become energy independent and totally self reliant in that regard. Until than, Israel will likely be allowed to continue this with impunity. 

I heard someone who made a video about this topic say my stupid government is low key actually aiding Israel on this??? I wouldn't be surprised... the US still has colonies in the year's lord of 2021, and like u said, im sure the US is not going to condemn such human rights violation anytime soon lol3

10 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

I heard someone who made a video about this topic say my stupid government is low key actually aiding Israel on this??? I wouldn't be surprised... the US still has colonies in the year's lord of 2021, and like u said, im sure the US is not going to condemn such human rights violation anytime soon lol3

It’s not my style to talk up “colonies” and decry human rights abuses, but no one’s hands are clean on the matter. 

But no, I think most people would be surprised by the scope of the aid that the Israelis receive from western governments.  

The Israelis will remain propped up as long as they’re useful, and the odds of that usefulness expiring anytime soon are low.

Everyone's on mute because "it's complicated" gaga6 Human rights violations performed by a modern country, a UN member I might add, are apparently complicated. It's not. Israel should have its ass dragged before the ICC like the UN Human Rights Council concluded in 2012 already. I guess it's up to the people. We need to put this shit on the agenda asap.

So please, FOTP'ers, don't buy and/or boycott the following brands/products:
• Caterpillar (the bulldozers that destroy Palestinian properties)
• Hewlett Packard/HP (see link)
• Puma (see link)
• Victoria's Secret (see link)

Also don't buy these popular Israeli products:
• any fruit and vegetable imported from Israel (probably stolen from Palestinian territories btw), esp. medjool dates!!! (see link)
• SodaStream
• Ahava Cosmetics
• Sabra

Feel free to send complaints to their customer services lj1 Don't underestimate what it can achieve (the BDS movement has routinely massively impacted Israeli export after social media waves about Israel/Palestine).

If you're from the US, please consider donating to the US Campaign for Palestinian Rights once a year to offset your tax money going to Israel weaponry ($25.25, see link) and/or write to congress using the prewritten messages of the relevant organizations (see link or this one).

Look for local events and support them, be they Palestinian cooking workhops (proceeds will go to charities operating in Palestine) or peaceful protests. There's more than you might think.

I remember this war spilling into ESC when Israel hosted the show recently. It was hard to stand back and watch a show when the Israeli army forces are murdering Palestinians :(

wow...  I did not know about this, this is terrible and the fact there is no news outlets talking about this is so sad, this is totally a human rights violation :( 

2 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

Everyone's on mute because "it's complicated" gaga6 Human rights violations performed by a modern country, a UN member I might add, are apparently complicated. It's not. Israel should have its ass dragged before the ICC like the UN Human Rights Council concluded in 2012 already. I guess it's up to the people. We need to put this shit on the agenda asap.

So please, FOTP'ers, don't buy and/or boycott the following brands/products:
• Caterpillar (the bulldozers that destroy Palestinian properties)
• Hewlett Packard/HP (see link)
• Puma (see link)
• Victoria's Secret (see link)

Also don't buy these popular Israeli products:
• any fruit and vegetable imported from Israel (probably stolen from Palestinian territories btw), esp. medjool dates!!! (see link)
• SodaStream
• Ahava Cosmetics
• Sabra

Feel free to send complaints to their customer services lj1 Don't underestimate what it can achieve (the BDS movement has routinely massively impacted Israeli export after social media waves about Israel/Palestine).

If you're from the US, please consider donating to the US Campaign for Palestinian Rights once a year to offset your tax money going to Israel weaponry ($25.25, see link) and/or write to congress using the prewritten messages of the relevant organizations (see link or this one).

Look for local events and support them, be they Palestinian cooking workhops (proceeds will go to charities operating in Palestine) or peaceful protests. There's more than you might think.

The idea of an FOTPer buying a CATEPILLAR BULLDOZER sent medead2

But yes, all of this!!!

39 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Trouble is, if anyone attacks Israel politically, they're instantly labelled an "anti-Semite"

You don’t have to target Israel “politically” in order to have the mere basic understanding that shooting innocent children in their homes and kicking their families out is not normal lmao if that makes you an anti semite then by all means im the biggest anti semitic out there! 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.