Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Macron accuses UK/US of blocking vaccines

ffb3435b0f6df8d839c952463f96b10fv1_max_755x425_b3535db83dc50e27c1bb1392364c95a2.jpg?key=f710a5

In a brutal swipe aimed at the United Kingdom and the United States, Emmanuel Macronaccused the two powers of not sharing vaccines during the pandemic. The French President insisted members of the European Union remained "the most generous" around the world when it came to sharing the vaccine. Speaking to reporters upon his arrival in Porto, Portugal for a key summit of European Union leaders, Mr Macron said: "Today, the Anglo-Saxons block many of these ingredients and vaccines.

"Today, 100 percent of the vaccines produced in the United States are for the American market."

He added: "In Europe, of around 110 million produced, we have exported 45 million and kept 65 million.

"We are the most generous in the world today among the most developed countries."

Mr Macron insisted the question of whether there should be a waiver on COVID-19 vaccines is not the most critical issue right now, it is getting doses distributed across the world.

x

I could agree that the Trump Administration willingly did something like that — along with the Johnson Government. 

But a part of me understands — a part, and I would contend that many of the governments of Europe would make the same rational policy choice if the roles were reversed. 

10 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

I could agree that the Trump Administration willingly did something like that — along with the Johnson Government. 

But a part of me understands — a part, and I would contend that many of the governments of Europe would make the same rational policy choice of the roles were reversed. 

This. It's bothbrit8 Here in Italy Local Crimes literally stole vaccines when they were exported from Belgium nicki5

29 minutes ago, LeaHeartBroken said:

UK/US should be in jail for it.

Moderna is being exported less and now after most of the US is vaccined other countries slowly getting more of it.

I think Europe should getting of its high horse tbh rip4 They still getting the vaccine earlier than the rest of the world. 

vaccine-map-1024x638.jpg

6 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

This. It's bothbrit8 Here in Italy Local Crimes literally stole vaccines when they were exported from Belgium nicki5

God forbid I actually defend Donald Trump, but epidemiology speaking — India and the United States and United Kingdom were reversed six months ago.

Of course two of the richest countries, and one of the richest country on Earth, are going to pour all of their resources into developing a vaccine, protecting the patent, and mass producing it. Especially considering where the US was at the time, they had no way of knowing what India looks like now. 

The Europeans need to stop with the holier than thou shit, it’s warranted in some cases, and invalid in many others — they’d make the same choice that the US/UK governments did at the time. 

That being said, I’m happy President Biden is reversing this policy with regards to India.

31 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

God forbid I actually defend Donald Trump, but epidemiology speaking — India and the United States and United Kingdom were reversed six months ago.

Of course two of the richest countries, and one of the richest country on Earth, are going to pour all of their resources into developing a vaccine, protecting the patent, and mass producing it. Especially considering where the US was at the time, they had no way of knowing what India looks like now. 

The Europeans need to stop with the holier than thou shit, it’s warranted in some cases, and invalid in many others — they’d make the same choice that the US/UK governments did at the time. 

That being said, I’m happy President Biden is reversing this policy with regards to India.

Agreed true1 

I can't at most of these European countries banning the UK vaccine due to a rare blood clot side effect and now they suddenly change their minds?

4 minutes ago, Entea said:

I can't at most of these European countries banning the UK vaccine due to a rare blood clot side effect and now they suddenly change their minds?

They didn't ban it, but stop giving to it due to health risk until it was more researched. On top of that Astra never delivered the amount ordered rip4 

1 minute ago, Simón. said:

They didn't ban it, but stop giving to it due to health risk until it was more researched. On top of that Astra never delivered the amount ordered rip4 

Maybe this is the price for delaying the vaccines. It's funny how a president who failed to guarantee to his people about the swift distribution of the vaccine is making this claim. Also, this pandemic is a global effort and im sure the companies behind the vaccines know this, however it will take  time and effort to distribute to the entire world. Seems like he likes to blame anything but himself

3 minutes ago, Entea said:

Maybe this is the price for delaying the vaccines. It's funny how a president who failed to guarantee to his people about the swift distribution of the vaccine is making this claim. Also, this pandemic is a global effort and im sure the companies behind the vaccines know this, however it will take  time and effort to distribute to the entire world. Seems like he likes to blame anything but himself

C'mon Enty, you know that UK as well and USA messed up as well rip4 Astra had no problem delivering to the UK but had issues with the EU dead1 EU exported 200 million vaccines to other countries, neither UK or USA did that.

4 minutes ago, Simón. said:

C'mon Enty, you know that UK as well and USA messed up as well rip4 Astra had no problem delivering to the UK but had issues with the EU dead1 EU exported 200 million vaccines to other countries, neither UK or USA did that.

And im sure that statement has something to do with them blocking the shipyard full of vaccines for Italy. I don't know the situation now that they are more open about the vaccine but I know they've lowered their chances of getting the vaccine they previously ordered. Boris has stated his first priority is his people and then they'll be more open to exporting vaccines

11 minutes ago, Entea said:

nd im sure that statement has something to do with them blocking the shipyard full of vaccines for Italy.

They blocked cause Astra didn't do what they promised in the treaty.

16 minutes ago, Simón. said:

They blocked cause Astra didn't do what they promised in the treaty.

But does that seem like the UK blocking the vaccine from being exported? rav2

Europe is a fucking mess and macron should be gone. Throwing his toys out the pram and pointing fingers when he should be removed for his own negligence towards his people. Given his country consumes more tobacco, wine and saturated fat than most countries he has a nerve to suspend a vaccine because of a handful of blood clots dead2

Regardless of this tho, the vaccine roll outs should have focused on younger people not older people. Our industries would have been recovered by now if the people that actually spend their money were allowed to ny12

We've known about AstraZeneca allegedly selling twice the same doses to the UK and he's already spoken about it before.

This really doesn't come off as a surprise to me! missj1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.