Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

KatnissLawrence

The racist flop shoo-in Chlamydia Cabello's officially cancelled

Rejoice sisters. The problematic racist is finally defeated:

https://www.vulture.com/2021/05/cinderella-camila-cabello-amazon-prime.html

Yes yes camel, coranvirus is to blame for your cancelled tour, your cancelled music, your cancelled movie, your cancelled birthday  carla1

This bitch actually had the nerve to entertain the thought of playing cinderella and actually thinking people would watch? carla1

holy shit imagine having 50 million followers and still being a straight to dvd gal, those poor investors aura1

The upcoming musical adaptation of “Cinderella,” starring Camila Cabello in her debut, will move to Amazon Prime, after originally set for release through Sony Pictures. It also stars Idina Menzel, Billy Porter, Pierce Brosnan, and Minnie Driver.

Like Cinderella trying on a glass slipper, the upcoming Cinderella adaptation will slide right into the slate of films at Amazon Prime. The adaptation began at Sony Pictures, and was at one point set to premiere in July, but Deadline has since reported that Amazon is now acquiring the film, with no new premiere date set. The movie stars pop performer Camila Cabello in her film debut, with a cast that also includes Billy Porter, Idina Menzel, Nick Galitzine, Minnie Driver, Pierce Brosnan, and James Corden, who is also a producer on the adaptation. Porter’s casting previously made headlines for his role as the “Fab G,” a genderless fairy godparent. As for other changes, Deadline called the new adaptation “a musically-driven new take on the traditional story,” blending pop songs and new material by Cabello. Because, we guess, Cinderella is one of the last new takes on this age-old story. Pitch Perfect’s Kay Cannon, who has plenty of experience with pop music, wrote and directed the film.

If I were Billy Porter and found out that this racist POS was playing the lead role, I would immediately drop out.

Camilla Cabello and James Corden are the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of who I would cast for a movie, never mind Cinderella. Amazon should do the right thing and delete the files so it never has to see the light of day moo12

9 hours ago, KatnissLawrence said:

Rejoice sisters. The problematic racist is finally defeated:

https://www.vulture.com/2021/05/cinderella-camila-cabello-amazon-prime.html

Yes yes camel, coranvirus is to blame for your cancelled tour, your cancelled music, your cancelled movie, your cancelled birthday  carla1

This bitch actually had the nerve to entertain the thought of playing cinderella and actually thinking people would watch? carla1

holy shit imagine having 50 million followers and still being a straight to dvd gal, those poor investors aura1

I mean I don't like her either but this is a very good thing for the film. The film has not been cancelled, it's just going to streaming rather than a theatrical release. That's hardly a death sentence for a film. Look at all of the massive films last year that went to streaming rather than theaters such as Soul, Ma Rainy's Black Bottom, and Nomadland. Streaming actually directly increases a film's chance for success as the distribution deals are more lucrative and cuts out the third party middle man of theaters. It's just how this industry works. 

With theaters still being closed all over the world, there was absolutely no way this thing was going to be released theatrically and they have been talking about turning it to streaming since the pandemic began. Amazon reportedly paid twice the film's budget for the streaming rights so the film has already turned a profit before it's even seen release and it will continue to earn money out of this deal as the producers are entitled to a part of the subscription fees under this deal. They are honestly all going to be making more money off of this Amazon deal than they probably would have taking their chances on a theatrical release. There's plenty things to drag her for but this is actually the most successful thing she's been a part of in a hot minute. 

I really don't know where you got the idea that the film has somehow been shelved or that it's in jeopardy. The article you linked doesn't even imply that. It literally picked up a massive distribution deal that many would kill for.

21 hours ago, Grams said:

Will Camillas racist Tumblr alter ego play her evil step sister?

I can't dead2 But it's not an alter ego, I fear jj4

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.