Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Chris

Hundreds of Neo-Nazis march in Italy

Hundreds of Neo-Nazis marched together in Milan, Italy last week.

Video footage was taken of the groups of people doing the infamous Nazi salute. The video, which was posted on Twitter has over 1 million views as of Thursday morning.

The exact number of far-right militants is estimated to be around 800 according to a report by Italy24News. The event had reportedly taken place to commemorate Sergio Ramelli's death, a young activist and student who was killed in an ambush in 1975. 

Police have so far been trying to identify the faces of the attendees.

This is not the only Neo-Nazi event that has occurred in Italy in recent years. Three years ago, a much larger event, which included around 5,000 Neo-Nazis, took place in Rome to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Acca Larentia killings in 1978, which occurred in the same city when three Neo-Nazis were killed by presumed far-left extremists.

Like the event last week, the 2018 event also had the participants performing Nazi salutes. 

A couple weeks before the more recent protest in Milan, a Neo-Nazi leader was arrested in Arizona for aggravated assault. 

Police records state that the leader had been pointing a loaded gun at a black man and threatening his life.  

https://m.jpost.com/diaspora/antisemitism/hundreds-of-neo-nazis-march-in-italy-667380/amp

12 minutes ago, Entea said:

How can so many people support a regime who murdered millions of lives? It just baffles me beyond believe awk1

It's probably because they either think it didn't happen, or worse, they agree with the murdering of millions of people.

The fact that Facism and Nazism is in our history makes me believe that these types of resurgences may continue to happen every few decades or so. Obviously Neo-Nazis have been a thing for awhile, but it's scary to think just how far them and their ideologies have reached the mainstream yet again. 

7 hours ago, Entea said:

How can so many people support a regime who murdered millions of lives? It just baffles me beyond belief awk1

If I’m not mistaken, Italy was were Fascism was born, at least for the most part. 

Hitler might’ve made it famous — and these “people” might be marching for his ideals, but the damn thing was born in Italy. 

So, it’s not that surprising, even in the 21st century.

11 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

If I’m not mistaken, Italy was were Fascism was born, at least for the most part. 

Hitler might’ve made it famous — and these “people” might be marching for his ideals, but the damn thing was born in Italy. 

Yep, it's literally an Italian thing, exactly from Central-North true1 

10 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

Not related, but is the "castuality" typo intentional?

11 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

I absolutely fucking hate my country and I'm leaving right after my PhD nicki5 

Sis, this kind of shit exists wherever you go katy2

24 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Not related, but is the "castuality" typo intentional?

I wish I could say that it was — but I most likely put it in there and didn’t care.

I took that quote directly out of the book it was from, I don’t remember if I got it from a web source — and if the source I copied it from got it wrong, or if I wrote it wrong. 

It took me like two minutes to figure out what you were talking about. I’ve had it for two years or so, and this is the first time I’m noticing it dead2

3 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

I wish I could say that it was — but I most likely put it in there and didn’t care.

I took that quote directly out of the book it was from, I don’t remember if I got it from a web source — and if the source I copied it from got it wrong, or if I wrote it wrong. 

It took me like two minutes to figure out what you were talking about. I’ve had it for two years or so, and this is the first time I’m noticing it dead2

I've never noticed it before, and I don't know why it took this thread for me to see it rip2

12 hours ago, LÉON said:

Sis, this kind of shit exists wherever you go katy2

Unlike my country, at least its neighboring countries or even a country like the US have the courage to warn about these dangers. Italy, on the other had, is staying silent. They literally tried to censor an Italian rapper on National TV because he exposed homophobic politicians. The LGBTQ+ Anti-Discrimination Law has been blocked for a year because of this shitty Government. They literally allowed Open Homophobia and Racism on TV a few days ago and these are just of a few examples of how bad this country is institutionally nicki5 I'm not saying  Italy itself is bad but they ruined it. It's like it got stuck in the 80s or Early 2000s

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.