Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Max

Sugababes celebrate 20 years of debut album 'One Touch', talk about new music

Sugababes2021pressshot-1-696x442.jpg

On new music:

When can we expect to hear new Sugababes’ music then?

Siobhan: “COVID threw a spanner in the works. We were recording before the series of lockdowns in the past year, but we’ve got so much material that we need to work through. We probably need to do a little more recording. As soon as we can get back together in the studio, we’re going to work on something fresh. But there’s a lot of material that I feel we should collate together because it’s some of our best work ever and it would be a shame for it not to be released properly.”

Keisha: “We recorded something quite interesting before lockdown that, for me, I haven’t felt that excited about a song since ‘Flatline’.”

Will we hear something this year?

Siobhan: “It’s hard to put a timeframe on it, but it’s something that can come together super-quickly with the right producer. Hopefully this anniversary will naturally bring everything together and it’ll get easier from there.”

Source: NME

3 minutes ago, Kristina said:

Nobody cares for this line-up I’m afraid true1 Replace Siobhan with Heidi!

My fav is not getting replaced, no thank you katy7 

22 hours ago, Kristina said:

If we compare, yes technically Siobhan is fhe better singer and sounds great in harmonies, but their best album is Angels with Dirty Faces and the singles between 2002-2007 are all iconic. I think that was Heidi's influence. 

2 minutes ago, Dua'sSlave said:

That song is magic.

I agree. Especially the live version we got. Their harmonies are just so stunning. giveup4

1 hour ago, Dua'sSlave said:

If we compare, yes technically Siobhan is fhe better singer and sounds great in harmonies, but their best album is Angels with Dirty Faces and the singles between 2002-2007 are all iconic. I think that was Heidi's influence. 

I liked the music they released with Heidi the most!

On 5/11/2021 at 10:01 PM, LÉON said:

"Covid threw a spanner in the works"

1OQu632.jpg

Their last proper single was released in 2014

Their music was all leaked and they decided to start fresh. They were actually planning to release in Summer 2020 and tour again.

They also slayed with this cover:

On 5/11/2021 at 8:15 PM, Kristina said:

Heidi became a puppet and stabbed Keisha (who's by far the most talented) in the back. Heidi should stick to doing what she does best, looking pretty and singing flat. 

On 5/11/2021 at 10:04 PM, LÉON said:

Stan Siobhan Gonnaslay a little bit katy2

Her solo album @Ghostface is insanely underrated. true1

On 5/11/2021 at 8:46 PM, Mario said:

i'd like to see them coming back!

Stream this mega bop!

A classic, taste! Growing up in the UK in the 00s i don't think people from elsewhere realise just how influential they along with Girls Aloud were. true1

I’m glad things are finally moving, they’ve been trying to come back for years 😭😭

I am still kinda gutted we never got the second 4.0 album as Freedom was a bop. 

I’d love for Amelle to be a Sugababe again one day as she’s my fave. 

Anyway the new MNEK remix is pretty cool. 

18 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

Their music was all leaked and they decided to start fresh. They were actually planning to release in Summer 2020 and tour again.

They also slayed with this cover:

Her solo album @Ghostface is insanely underrated. true1

It was a note-for-note cover, I wasn't here for it ew1

Yes, that album is near enough wall-to-wall slaps (and There's A Place) - her debut has its moments as well. She also sang back-up vocals for Morcheeba on their album The Antidote, which sound lovely in the chorus here:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.