Snow

Gwyneth Paltrow on how the pandemic pushed her off the rails: 'I ate bread'

image.jpg

For the families of nearly six-hundred-thousand Americans, the low point of pandemic lockdown was watching their loved one die from a novel virus while the worldwide scientific community scrambled to find a treatment, cure or vaccine. It was saying goodbye via video call, if they got to say goodbye at all. Add to that job loss, financial devastation, shuttered small businesses and the crushing weight of social isolation. 

But there are some among us have truly “gone off the rails”. Like Gwyneth Paltrow. 

Paltrow may be the queen of healthy living, but even she hit the bottle during the pandemic. The 48-year-old actress admitted to drinking as many as two cocktails a night during lockdown (quinoa-based whiskey cocktails, of course); and even sometimes eating bread and pasta – shock, horror! Gwyneth explains to the Smartless podcast: “I drank alcohol during quarantine. I was drinking seven nights a week and making pasta and eating bread. I went totally off the rails.”

x

2 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

No change then... she's been off the rails for years. I can see why the Coldplay singer escaped.

Omg I forgot they were married rip4 Chris sweetie