Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

BLACKPINK gearing up for a comeback later this year

BLACKPINK will reportedly make their next comeback in the second half of 2021.

YG Entertainment confirmed the strong global fandom with sales of 280,000 tickets for Blackpink's first online concert this year, and the initial sales of Rosé's solo album exceeding 450,000 copies. Blackpink and Big Bang comebacks are expected in the second half of the year. 

x

Yeah yeah I'll believe when I see it, YGE always says things and never follows through with it. Plus we're still waiting for Lalisa's solo so we'll see. 

55 minutes ago, Royalty said:

Why is everything in K pop called a "come back" after a moment of silence? jj3 

Promotional cycles of subsequent singles are called comebacks even when the musician or group in question did not go on hiatus.

In South Korea, Comeback (K-pop), talent agencies stage-manage the debut of new acts in order to create anticipation for the new act, which will often officially debut live on one of the main television music programs with a "debut stage". For the debut single, acts will have an overall "concept", a marketing hook, which influences the name of the act, clothes, choreography, catch phrases and how they are presented; within bands individual members will have a personal concept, this being a role that they will play within the band, e.g. leader, visual, maknae, rapper e.t.c. Once a rookie act's debut cycle has ended they enter their second promotional cycle with a "comeback", called as such even when the musician or group in question did not go on hiatus. Each promotional cycle will be presented with its own concept.

I get it...K-Pop terminology is really confusing dead2

40 minutes ago, mylifelies said:

Promotional cycles of subsequent singles are called comebacks even when the musician or group in question did not go on hiatus.

In South Korea, Comeback (K-pop), talent agencies stage-manage the debut of new acts in order to create anticipation for the new act, which will often officially debut live on one of the main television music programs with a "debut stage". For the debut single, acts will have an overall "concept", a marketing hook, which influences the name of the act, clothes, choreography, catch phrases and how they are presented; within bands individual members will have a personal concept, this being a role that they will play within the band, e.g. leader, visual, maknae, rapper e.t.c. Once a rookie act's debut cycle has ended they enter their second promotional cycle with a "comeback", called as such even when the musician or group in question did not go on hiatus. Each promotional cycle will be presented with its own concept.

I get it...K-Pop terminology is really confusing dead2

Thank you for clearing up rip2 I was so confused

1 hour ago, Mario said:

SOOOOO HERE FOR IT!!!

The Album already slayed. This better slay as well!!!

We can only hope so! giveup1 Blackpink section will return too perhaps!

On 5/12/2021 at 10:01 PM, luckycunt said:

'The Album' had so much more potential...but ok

Nah it was on its last legs shortly after lovesick girls tbh

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.