Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

V For Vendetta

Girls Aloud vs The Sugababes Song Battle

6 minutes ago, Mario said:

YES, HERE!!!! 

I LOVE GIRLS ALOUD!!!! 

Ok, you have a week to post your answer ari8 

4 minutes ago, LÉON said:

I'll play jj2 But I think it really should be Sound vs Freak Like Me.

FLM was much more groundbreaking than RR @V For Vendetta

"Sound of the Underground" and another Xenomania production, Sugababes' "Round Round", have been called "two huge groundbreaking hits",

credited with reshaping British pop music for the 2000s.

jj2 

6 minutes ago, V For Vendetta said:

I really don't feel like RR had that much of an affect on music but OK jj2

I choose Sound of the Underground jj2

Sound Of the Underground was far more influential and revolutionary so i'll go with that. Freak Like Me would've been a better song to put it up against.

I’m putting “Sound Of The Underground” 

I’ve always heard RR was the one to reshape British pop music along with SOTU, and both are produced by Xenomania, so that’s why I put that up instead of FLM.

Plus, FLM is a cover, so we’ll get to that in another round ari8 

26 minutes ago, V For Vendetta said:

I’m putting “Sound Of The Underground” 

I’ve always heard RR was the one to reshape British pop music along with SOTU, and both are produced by Xenomania, so that’s why I put that up instead of FLM.

Plus, FLM is a cover, so we’ll get to that in another round ari8 

Freak Like Me is a mashup rather than a cover seeing as it takes two different songs and combines them in to one. ari8 

RR was definitely revolutionary, but Freak Like Me was definitely more influential, especially since it was the song that started it all for the Sugababes. Xenomania's styles and production were very much inspired by Freak Like Me. Not to mention Freak Like Me was critically acclaimed across the board with the creator of the "Are Friends Electric" instrumental Gary Numan even going as far to say Freak Like Me was better than his original.

36 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Freak Like Me is a mashup rather than a cover seeing as it takes two different songs and combines them in to one. ari8 

RR was definitely revolutionary, but Freak Like Me was definitely more influential, especially since it was the song that started it all for the Sugababes. Xenomania's styles and production were very much inspired by Freak Like Me. Not to mention Freak Like Me was critically acclaimed across the board with the creator of the "Are Friends Electric" instrumental Gary Numan even going as far to say Freak Like Me was better than his original.

If it were Freak Like Me against Sound Of The Underground, which would you have chosen? ari8 

31 minutes ago, V For Vendetta said:

If it were Freak Like Me against Sound Of The Underground, which would you have chosen? ari8 

Errrr.... I don't actually know. fall9

Thank you to all who have joined so far ari8 

@Mario @LÉON @Trunks @Billie Frank @Max @Miss Icon

RESULTS: CLOSE CALL

Sound Of The Underground - 4

Round Round - 3

Girls Aloud - 1

The Sugababes - 0

ROUND 2 - "LOVE ACTUALLY" | 2003

In the UK version's end credit roll, the second song is a cover of "Jump (for My Love)", performed by Girls Aloud.

In the US version, this song is replaced with "Too Lost in You", by Sugababes.

JUMP

love actually girls aloud - YouTube

TOO LOST IN YOU

Too Lost In You (Love Actually Version) - YouTube

You have until Sunday 6th June 4PM U.K. to post your answer for this round, and the result will be announced at 5PM ari8 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.