Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shawn's Slave

Is Mariah a local or global star?

Is Mariah a local or global star?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Mariah is local.

• She is a local
    • She's global!!!
    • I'm a delusional sheep and think mariah is a god and can do no wrong

5 hours ago, Trunks said:

Rihanna brit10 Drake brit10 Jay Z brit10

Rihanna peaked with Loud and Talk That Talk which had heavy EDM/electro pop influence

And not you picking rappers as a response. No shit they're the "exception", rap is black music period.

Like some have said here already, yes I believe she is a global star. She’s an incredibly well known figure and I think you’d be hard pressed to find someone internationally who doesn’t at the least know her name. One of her biggest markets in fact is Asia, she didn’t just dominate the US at her peak. 

She has songs that people will know as well if not for just hearing them on her records or the radio, then their use in pop culture. Now, do I think that her discography as a whole has been received the same amount of enduring legacy internationally as some of her peers? No. But singles were always her bread and butter anyway (she of course had monstrously successful albums but her singles are what made her an icon and that seems to have been by design). 

So yes, I think she is globally incredibly famous and well known. I would even say her biggest hits are globally well known. I wouldn’t say her whole discography or her career overall is as globally well known as others from the same era though.

But that’s also fine. A globally recognized name can take you pretty fucking far. 

Not this thread again. She was globally succesful for as long as she was making pop or mainly pop music. When she switched to R&B she became more local to the US market.  ari9 Music Box, her most generic/pop album, is her most succesful album overseas at Europe. Plus, after her divorce with Tommy Mottola she barely got any decent single releases with Sony so the fact she was doing R&B music and it was being mismanaged didn't help much to her "global" success 

7 hours ago, Trunks said:

If you go to Uganda or some obscure place and ask a person, "Do you know what a mariah carey is?", would they know the answer? 

brit10

Discuss!

Global. And she's a LEGEND and an ICON. moo1 

9 hours ago, Trunks said:

Sis, this R&B excuse isn't going to cut it, considering R&B and hip-hop were huge all around the world in the 90's and early 00's. brit10 Destiny's Child, Brandy, Monica and Aaliyah just to name a few of successful GLOBAL R&B icons back then.

And around the time where teen R&B acts appeared and gained success, what happened to Mariah? She was going through a tumultuous divorce and her actual R&B songs were denied to be released as singles. Honey was R&B, but was My All? No, that was the Adult Contemporary ballad that became another number 1 hit for her. My All is definitely not the usual type of AC ballad though, because it's considerably much quieter in its production and vocal delivery than the I Will Always Love Yous or My Heart Will Go Ons of the world back then. Meanwhile, Breakdown wasn't promoted by Columbia. Hell, Butterfly the title track which is much more of an AC ballad wasn't promoted as a main single either because Tommy felt that it was a rebellious act against him as the lyrics detailed Mariah's desire to be let go by Mozzarella's abusive control.

Then, the Rainbow album. Heartbreaker went to become number 1, because of course. Mariah had become this huge figure in bridging pop and hip-hop collaboration, so a number one for the Poppiest record on the album wouldn't hurt since it'd just remind people of the Fantasy remix with ODB. Then, what other singles caught success? That's right, ballads. Her COVER of Phil Collins' Against All Odds which became a number 1 hit in the U.K....with the Westlife featured on it. That's the version that went #1. Another song, Thank God I Found You. Much like My All before it, it's influenced by the R&B sound but it's still an AC ballad. Big singing, lyrics about love, and oh! Another features! Joe and 98 Degrees! Teens loved grown ass men, so of course!

Meanwhile, Crybaby caught the attention of dust. That's the R&B single of Rainbow, and did it become a #1 hit? Nope. It became a mild R&B hit, so good for her yes? But, would you look at that, she parted ways with Columbia Records and guess what happened? Jennifer Lopez. A woman who got her fortune off of casted as Selena Quintanilla's lookalike, then got the attention of Mozzarella! Her debut album, On the 6, was mainly Pop with Latin sound influence. Only few songs were R&B influenced, like the number 1 hit If You Had My Love and Feelin So Good or something like that. Oh, what happened after that? Betrayal. Treachery. Theft. Identify theft to be exact. The J.Lo album happened, and suddenly Jennifer Lopez sat on top of the world....with skin tone 10 shades darker than her previous tone.

What happened to Mariah when J.Lo was acquiring success as the new pop/R&B princess alongside Ashanti? Oh, simple. Glitter. Bombed, she took care of herself while tabloids made fun of her, and OH! Did I mention Ashanti? Well, yuh, Ashanti is cool. We all love Ashanti yes! But who do we not love? Thieves. Who were the thieves? Tomcat Mozletoff. Who else was complicit? Well, well, would you look at that. Jenny from the BLOCK! apparently. Also, P. Diddy and many others who had previously worked with Mariah since the Butterfly LP. Hell, P. Diddy produced the famous Fantasy remix, hmmm... that's interesting!

18 minutes ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

And around the time where teen R&B acts appeared and gained success, what happened to Mariah? She was going through a tumultuous divorce and her actual R&B songs were denied to be released as singles. Honey was R&B, but was My All? No, that was the Adult Contemporary ballad that became another number 1 hit for her. My All is definitely not the usual type of AC ballad though, because it's considerably much quieter in its production and vocal delivery than the I Will Always Love Yous or My Heart Will Go Ons of the world back then. Meanwhile, Breakdown wasn't promoted by Columbia. Hell, Butterfly the title track which is much more of an AC ballad wasn't promoted as a main single either because Tommy felt that it was a rebellious act against him as the lyrics detailed Mariah's desire to be let go by Mozzarella's abusive control.

Then, the Rainbow album. Heartbreaker went to become number 1, because of course. Mariah had become this huge figure in bridging pop and hip-hop collaboration, so a number one for the Poppiest record on the album wouldn't hurt since it'd just remind people of the Fantasy remix with ODB. Then, what other singles caught success? That's right, ballads. Her COVER of Phil Collins' Against All Odds which became a number 1 hit in the U.K....with the Westlife featured on it. That's the version that went #1. Another song, Thank God I Found You. Much like My All before it, it's influenced by the R&B sound but it's still an AC ballad. Big singing, lyrics about love, and oh! Another features! Joe and 98 Degrees! Teens loved grown ass men, so of course!

Meanwhile, Crybaby caught the attention of dust. That's the R&B single of Rainbow, and did it become a #1 hit? Nope. It became a mild R&B hit, so good for her yes? But, would you look at that, she parted ways with Columbia Records and guess what happened? Jennifer Lopez. A woman who got her fortune off of casted as Selena Quintanilla's lookalike, then got the attention of Mozzarella! Her debut album, On the 6, was mainly Pop with Latin sound influence. Only few songs were R&B influenced, like the number 1 hit If You Had My Love and Feelin So Good or something like that. Oh, what happened after that? Betrayal. Treachery. Theft. Identify theft to be exact. The J.Lo album happened, and suddenly Jennifer Lopez sat on top of the world....with skin tone 10 shades darker than her previous tone.

What happened to Mariah when J.Lo was acquiring success as the new pop/R&B princess alongside Ashanti? Oh, simple. Glitter. Bombed, she took care of herself while tabloids made fun of her, and OH! Did I mention Ashanti? Well, yuh, Ashanti is cool. We all love Ashanti yes! But who do we not love? Thieves. Who were the thieves? Tomcat Mozletoff. Who else was complicit? Well, well, would you look at that. Jenny from the BLOCK! apparently. Also, P. Diddy and many others who had previously worked with Mariah since the Butterfly LP. Hell, P. Diddy produced the famous Fantasy remix, hmmm... that's interesting!

These @Ghostface-esque essays are not it. Please learn to be succinct, sis. 

You need to stop blaming her floppery on R&B and JLo... (random, much). Her R&B songs just suck, repetitive and sound the same, end of story. 

When she made good R&B music, like EoMoomoo, it did well. ari8 However, she stuck to the same formulae for the past 16 years and it's clearly not working. brit10

42 minutes ago, Trunks said:

These @Ghostface-esque essays are not it. Please learn to be succinct, sis. 

You need to stop blaming her floppery on R&B and JLo... (random, much). Her R&B songs just suck, repetitive and sound the same, end of story. 

When she made good R&B music, like EoMoomoo, it did well. ari8 However, she stuck to the same formulae for the past 16 years and it's clearly not working. brit10

Ironically, The Emancipation of Mimi was mostly praised by critics for Mariah's vocals than the tunes. "Her R&B songs just suck, repetitive and sound the same" To you, maybe!

Mariah only has three singles that were global hits comparable to many of her peers' (Whitney and Madonna) singles.

Without You

We Belong Together

All I Want for Christmas (in recent years)

One of them is a seasonal single, the biggest one a cover. WBT wasn’t nearly as successful outside of the states as it was there.

The reason her localness seems more obvious is the fact that there is a huge discrepancy between her enormous success in the US (that is heavily based on the massive influence airplay used to have) and her mediocre-lack of success outside of the US (except China). She’s big in China because many artists are censored there for being promiscuous. Mariah perfectly fit into what is popular in China (vocal perfection, non-promiscuous, gown-wearing, cheesy, ballad singers).

Also: anyone who truly believes that her MASSIVE airplay stats (resulting in over 15 #1 songs) has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she was married to one of the most famous label bosses at that time is 100% delusional.

8 hours ago, Tomás said:

Not this thread again. She was globally succesful for as long as she was making pop or mainly pop music. When she switched to R&B she became more local to the US market.  ari9 Music Box, her most generic/pop album, is her most succesful album overseas at Europe. Plus, after her divorce with Tommy Mottola she barely got any decent single releases with Sony so the fact she was doing R&B music and it was being mismanaged didn't help much to her "global" success 

Her international single stats say otherwise. Also the receipts that most of her hits were heavily aurplay (payola) based, whereas artists like Janet, Whitney, Madonna and MJ sold physical singles.

45 minutes ago, Grams said:

Mariah only has three singles that were global hits comparable to many of her peers' (Whitney and Madonna) singles.

Without You

We Belong Together

All I Want for Christmas (in recent years)

One of them is a seasonal single, the biggest one a cover. WBT wasn’t nearly as successful outside of the states as it was there.

The reason her localness seems more obvious is the fact that there is a huge discrepancy between her enormous success in the US (that is heavily based on the massive influence airplay used to have) and her mediocre-lack of success outside of the US (except China). She’s big in China because many artists are censored there for being promiscuous. Mariah perfectly fit into what is popular in China (vocal perfection, non-promiscuous, gown-wearing, cheesy, ballad singers).

Also: anyone who truly believes that her MASSIVE airplay stats (resulting in over 15 #1 songs) has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she was married to one of the most famous label bosses at that time is 100% delusional.

I'll call you out on your bullshit here. Her biggest worldwide hits aren't just those three. Her duet cover of Endless Love with Luther Vandross was a big worldwide hit for both of them. Fantasy and One Sweet Day weren't just mega huge in the U.S. either, they're worldwide hits. When You Believe was bigger in international charts and sales than in the U.S. Heartbreaker was another mega hit for her. We can also talk about her other singles before Music Box and after Daydream that had charted pretty high globally and sold pretty well.

We can talk how Through the Rain flopped LOCALLY, yet peaked at number 8 in the U.K. Or how she had achieved more worldwide hits after she separated from Motorola. But you and your thick skull wouldn't accept it and that's on you, boo. Also, your statement about her popularity in China because of her modest appearance and cheesiness couldn't be farther than the truth. She is popular there, but her image hasn't been the modesty diva who sang ballads while wearing gowns since 1995. I'm sure that the Chinese knew that too. Communism doesn't make people automatically become stupid, y'know.

People have an over-inflated view of how known anyone's discography is outside of their main market, and their stanbase. Even outside of people who enjoy music in general.

A lot of people just aren't that interested in music, or couldn't tell you who sang a lot of big songs. My ex used to just guess that any old-sounding pop song sung by a woman was probably Madonna dead4 Meanwhile, my boyfriend now is a huge Madonna stan and knows all of her repertoire.

What I mean to say is, pick an artist, and chances are the GP know a lot less about them than people on forums, in Hives, on Twitter, up Lady Gaga's arse etc.

5 minutes ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

I'll call you out on your bullshit here. Her biggest worldwide hits aren't just those three. Her duet cover of Endless Love with Luther Vandross was a big worldwide hit for both of them. Fantasy and One Sweet Day weren't just mega huge in the U.S. either, they're worldwide hits. When You Believe was bigger in international charts and sales than in the U.S. Heartbreaker was another mega hit for her. We can also talk about her other singles before Music Box and after Daydream that had charted pretty high globally and sold pretty well.

We can talk how Through the Rain flopped LOCALLY, yet peaked at number 8 in the U.K. Or how she had achieved more worldwide hits after she separated from Motorola. But you and your thick skull wouldn't accept it and that's on you, boo. Also, your statement about her popularity in China because of her modest appearance and cheesiness couldn't be farther than the truth. She is popular there, but her image hasn't been the modesty diva who sang ballads while wearing gowns since 1995. I'm sure that the Chinese knew that too. Communism doesn't make people automatically become stupid, y'know.

So, you wanna play this game?

Dreamlover (1993)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1993) Peak
position
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[69] 1
Canada (The Record)[72] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[86] 1
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[88] 1
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[90] 1
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[91] 1
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[70] 2
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[80] 2
Portugal (AFP)[81] 2
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[87] 2
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[89] 2
Canada Dance/Urban (RPM)[71] 6
Australia (ARIA)[67] 7
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[78] 8
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[79] 9
UK Singles (OCC)[84] 9
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[83] 13
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[73] 15
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 40)[76] 17
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[68] 20
Ireland (IRMA)[77] 24
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[82] 31
UK Dance Singles (Music Week)[85] 37
Germany (Official German Charts)[75] 39
France (SNEP)[74] 49

Hero (1993)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1993–1994) Peak
position
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[99] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[113] 1
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[117] 1
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[109] 2
Norway (VG-lista)[110] 2
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[114] 2
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[118] 2
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[98] 3
France (SNEP)[102] 5
Ireland (IRMA)[105] 5
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[116] 5
Australia (ARIA)[96] 7
UK Singles (OCC)[112] 7
Canada (The Record)[100] 10
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[107] 10
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[108] 13
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[101] 19
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 40)[104] 23
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[111] 27
US Hot Latin Songs (Billboard)[115]
Spanish version: "Héroe"
Germany (Official German Charts)[103] 41
Japan (Oricon)[106] 42
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[97] 45

Without You aka. Ken Lee (1994)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1994) Peak
position
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[48] 1
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[49] 1
Canada (The Record)[52] 1
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[54] 1
Germany (Official German Charts)[56] 1
Iceland (Íslenski listinn Topp 40)[57] 1
Ireland (IRMA)[58] 1
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[59] 1
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[60] 1
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[61] 1
Scotland (OCC)[63] 1
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[64] 1
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[65] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[66] 1
Denmark (Tracklisten)[53] 2
France (SNEP)[55] 2
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[70] 2
Australia (ARIA)[47] 3
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[51] 3
Norway (VG-lista)[62] 3
US Billboard Hot 100[67] 3
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[50] 4
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[68] 4
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[69] 7
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[71] 9

Endless Love by Luther Vandross (with Mariah) (1994)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1994) Peak
position
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[51] 1
Australia (ARIA)[37] 2
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[39] 2
US Billboard Hot 100[58] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[56] 3
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[42] 4
Ireland (IRMA)[47] 4
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[49] 4
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 40)[46] 5
UK R&B (OCC)[57] 5
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[62] 5
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[41] 6
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[50] 6
Norway (VG-lista)[52] 6
Scotland (OCC)[53] 6
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[55] 6
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[43] 7
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[60] 7
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[61] 7
Italy (Musica e dischi)[48] 8
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[54] 10
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[59] 11
France (SNEP)[44] 12
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[38] 13
Canada (The Record)[40] 14
Germany (Official German Charts)[45] 14

Fantasy (1995)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1995) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[59] 1
Canada (The Record)[63] 1
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[64] 1
Canada Dance/Urban (RPM)[66] 1
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[77] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[84] 1
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[87] 1
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[88] 1
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[89] 1
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[90] 1
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[65] 2
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[69] 2
UK R&B (OCC)[83] 2
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[62] 3
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[68] 4
UK Singles (OCC)[82] 4
Denmark (Tracklisten)[67] 5
France (SNEP)[70] 5
Hungary (Mahasz)[72] 6
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[85] 8
US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)[86] 8
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[61] 9
Italy (Musica e dischi)[68] 9
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[75] 9
Ireland (IRMA)[74] 10
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[76] 10
Norway (VG-lista)[78] 10
Scotland (OCC)[79] 10
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[81] 10
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[60] 13
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[80] 13
Germany (Official German Charts)[71] 17
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 40)[73] 17
Japan (Oricon)[25] 18

One Shit Day (1995) (WITH BOY2MEN!)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1995–1996) Peak
position
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[53] 1
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[54] 1
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[65] 1
UK R&B (OCC)[71] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[72] 1
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[73] 1
US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)[74] 1
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[76] 1
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[77] 1
Australia (ARIA)[48] 2
Canada (The Record)[52] 2
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[63] 2
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[64] 2
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[75] 2
Ireland (IRMA)[61] 4
Denmark (Tracklisten)[56] 5
France (SNEP)[58] 5
Colombia (ASINCOL)[55] 6
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[56] 6
Norway (VG-lista)[66] 6
UK Singles (OCC)[70] 6
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[68] 7
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[50] 8
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[51] 8
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[69] 12
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[57] 16
Scotland (OCC)[67] 17
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 40)[60] 20
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[49] 25
Germany (Official German Charts)[59] 25
Japan (Oricon)[62] 87

Always Be My Baby (1996)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1996) Peak
position
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[41] 1
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[42] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[58] 1
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[63] 1
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[65] 1
Canada (The Record's Hit Parade Chart)[45] 2
UK R&B (OCC)[57] 2
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[59] 2
US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)[60] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[56] 3
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[64] 3
US Hot Dance Singles Sales (Billboard)[62] 4
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[53] 5
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[61] 6
Ireland (IRMA)[49] 10
Canada (The Record)[44] 16
Australia (ARIA)[40] 17
Scotland (OCC)[54] 18
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[46] 19
Canada Dance/Urban (RPM)[43] 20
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[52] 27
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 40)[48] 29
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[51] 30
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[55] 38
Germany (Official German Charts)[47] 76
Japan (Oricon)[50] 79

Honey (1997)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1997) Peak
position
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[39] 1
Canada Dance (RPM)[41] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[61] 1
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[62] 1
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[66] 1
Canada (Canadian Singles Chart)[38] 2
Taiwan (IFPI)[58] 2
UK R&B (OCC)[60] 2
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[64] 2
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[53] 3
UK Singles (OCC)[59] 3
Spain (AFYVE)[55] 4
Australia (ARIA)[34] 8
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[40] 8
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[51] 8
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[56] 8
Italy (Musica e dischi)[49] 10
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[65] 10
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[44] 12
Scotland (OCC)[54] 13
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[52] 15
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[43] 16
Denmark (IFPI)[42] 17
Ireland (IRMA)[48] 19
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[57] 23
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 40)[47] 26
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[37] 29
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[36] 30
US Hot Latin Songs (Billboard)[63] 30
Germany (Official German Charts)[46] 38
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[35] 39
France (SNEP)[45] 39
Japan (Oricon)[50] 39

My All (1998)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1998) Peak
position
US Billboard Hot 100[62] 1
UK R&B (OCC)[61] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[60] 4
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[65]
with "Breakdown"
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[64] 5
France (SNEP)[49] 6
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[59] 7
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[67] 8
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[44] 9
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[48] 9
Spain (AFYVE)[57] 9
Canada (Canadian Singles Chart)[45] 12
Scotland (OCC)[56] 12
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[47] 14
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[58] 14
Norway (VG-lista)[55] 15
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[63] 18
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[66] 18
Ireland (IRMA)[51] 21
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[54] 21
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[46] 28
Germany (Official German Charts)[50] 30
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[42] 31
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[52] 32
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[53] 32
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[43] 38
Australia (ARIA)[41] 39

When You Believe (1998) - Thx Whitney!

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1998–1999) Peak
position
Hungary (Mahasz)[72] 1
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[67] 2
Greece (IFPI)[71] 2
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 40)[73] 2
Norway (VG-lista)[80] 2
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[75] 2
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[82] 2
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[83] 2
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[86] 3
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[62] 4
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[78] 4
UK Singles (OCC)[84] 4
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[61] 5
France (SNEP)[69] 5
Italy (Musica e dischi)[75] 5
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[77] 5
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[60] 6
Scotland (OCC)[81] 6
Denmark (IFPI)[66] 7
Ireland (IRMA)[74] 7
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[65] 8
Germany (Official German Charts)[70] 8
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[79] 8
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[68] 10
Australia (ARIA)[59] 13
US Billboard Hot 100[85] 15
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[64] 20
Canada (Canadian Singles Chart)[63] 26
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[88] 33
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[89] 35
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[90] 35
US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)[87] 37
Japan (Oricon)[76] 45

Heartbreaker (1999)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1999–2000) Peak
position
Canada (Canadian Singles Chart)[57] 1
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[73] 1
UK R&B (OCC)[80] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[81] 1
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[83] 1
Canada Dance/Urban (RPM)[60] 2
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[76] 2
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[82] 2
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[59] 3
Croatia (HRT)[61] 3
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[86] 3
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[63] 4
France (SNEP)[64] 4
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[58] 5
UK Singles (OCC)[79] 5
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 40)[67] 6
Greece Foreign Chart (IFPI)[66] 7
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[71] 7
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[72] 7
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[78] 7
Denmark (IFPI)[62] 8
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[56] 9
Germany (Official German Charts)[65] 9
Australia (ARIA)[53] 10
Italy (Musica e dischi)[69] 11
Scotland (OCC)[75] 11
Norway (VG-lista)[74] 14
US Top 40 Tracks (Billboard)[10] 16
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[54] 17
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[77] 18
Ireland (IRMA)[68] 19
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[85] 21
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[55] 27
US Tropical Airplay (Billboard)[87] 35
US Latin Pop Airplay (Billboard)[84] 36
Japan (Oricon Singles Chart)[70] 37

We Belong Together (2005)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Original version[edit]

Chart (2005) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[126] 1
Australian Urban (ARIA)[127] 1
Canada CHR/Pop Top 30 (Radio & Records)[132] 1
UK R&B (OCC)[151] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[152] 1
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[155] 1
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[156] 1
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[158] 1
US Pop 100 (Billboard)[159] 1
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[160] 1
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[142] 2
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[144] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[150] 2
Denmark (Tracklisten)[134] 3
Ireland (IRMA)[140] 3
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[143] 3
Scotland (OCC)[146] 3
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[147] 3
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[153] 3
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[135] 4
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[149] 4
Hungary (Single Top 40)[139] 5
Norway (VG-lista)[145] 9
Germany (Official German Charts)[137] 11
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[148] 11
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[129] 12
France (SNEP)[136] 12
US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)[154] 16
Canada AC (Billboard)[131] 21
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[130] 24
Italy (FIMI)[141] 25
Greece (IFPI)[138] 28
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[128] 31
US Tropical Airplay (Billboard)[157] 34
CIS (Tophit)[133] 201

Touch My Body (2008)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (2008) Peak
position
UK R&B (OCC)[126] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[127] 1
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[129] 1
US Pop 100 (Billboard)[134] 1
Canada (Canadian Hot 100)[100] 2
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[132] 2
Canada CHR/Top 40 (Billboard)[102] 3
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[107] 3
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[117] 3
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[123] 3
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[135] 3
US Hot Dance Singles Sales (Billboard)[130] 4
Australian Urban (ARIA)[96] 5
Italy (FIMI)[112] 5
Japan (Japan Hot 100)[114] 5
Scotland (OCC)[120] 5
UK Singles (OCC)[125] 5
Turkey (Türkiye Top 20)[124] 6
Germany (Official German Charts)[109] 7
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[133] 7
Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)[121] 8
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[97] 10
Norway (VG-lista)[118] 10
Portugal Digital Songs (Billboard)[119] 10
Canada Hot AC (Billboard)[103] 13
Ireland (IRMA)[111] 13
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[98] 14
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[115] 14
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[122] 14
France (SNEP)[108] 16
Australia (ARIA)[95] 17
Czech Republic (Rádio Top 100)[105] 19
Hungary (Rádiós Top 40)[110] 19
Denmark (Tracklisten)[106] 20
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[116] 20
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[99] 33
US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)[128] 39
Canada AC (Billboard)[101] 40
US Hot Latin Songs (Billboard)[131] 40
Japan (Oricon)[113] 103
CIS (Tophit)[104] 144

Now let's look at an ACTUALLY global artists...

Madonna - Papa Don't Preach (1986)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1986) Peak
position
Australia (Kent Music Report)[97] 1
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[31] 1
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[24] 1
Denmark (IFPI)[99] 1
European Hot 100 Singles (Music & Media)[30] 1
European Airplay Top 50 (Music & Media)[100] 1
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[99] 1
Greece (IFPI)[103] 1
Italy (Musica e dischi)[105] 1
Ireland (IRMA)[32] 1
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[107] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[33] 1
Portugal (AFP)[109] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[27] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[18] 1
US Cash Box Top 100 Singles[112] 1
Germany (Official German Charts)[102] 2
Iceland (RÚV)[104] 2
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[35] 2
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[37] 2
France (SNEP)[101] 3
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[108] 3
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[98] 4
Spain (AFYVE)[36] 4
South Africa (Radio Orion)[111] 4
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[19] 4
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[110] 6
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[20] 16
Japan (Oricon Singles Chart)[106] 36

Madonna - Like a Prayer (1989)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1989) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[48] 1
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[58] 1
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[45] 1
Denmark (IFPI)[165] 1
European Airplay Top 50 (Music & Media)[166] 1
European Hot 100 Singles (Music & Media)[52] 1
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[167] 1
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 10)[170] 1
Ireland (IRMA)[59] 1
Italy (Musica e dischi)[171] 1
Japan International (Oricon)[52] 1
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[174] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[175] 1
Portugal (AFP)[176] 1
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[177] 1
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[178] 1
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[179] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[54] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[180] 1
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[39] 1
Uruguay (El Siglo de Torreón)[181] 1
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[163] 2
France (SNEP)[168] 2
Greece (IFPI)[169] 2
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[173] 2
West Germany (Official German Charts)[183] 2
Panama (El Siglo de Torreón)[164] 3
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[40] 3
Venezuela (El Siglo de Torreón)[182] 5
Brazilian Albums (ABPD)[164] 9
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[41] 20
Japan (Oricon Singles Chart)[172] 30

Madonna - Vogue (1990)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1990–1991) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[38] 1
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[89] 1
Canada Dance/Urban (RPM)[91] 1
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[93] 1
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[94] 1
Greece (IFPI)[97] 1
Italy (Musica e dischi)[99] 1
Japan (Oricon)[100] 1
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[103] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[104] 1
Portugal (AFP)[105] 1
Spain (AFYVE)[107] 1
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[108] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[110] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[111] 1
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[113] 1
US Hot Dance Singles Sales (Billboard)[114] 1
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[88] 2
Ireland (IRMA)[98] 2
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[101] 2
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[102] 2
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[109] 2
Denmark (IFPI)[92] 3
Germany (Official German Charts)[96] 4
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[90] 6
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[87] 7
France (SNEP)[95] 9
Peru (El Siglo de Torreón)[106] 10
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)[115] 16
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[112] 23

Madonna - Secret (1994) - This was when she was considered a flop

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1994–1995) Peak
position
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[50] 1
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[98] 1
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[57] 1
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[58] 1
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[45] 1
US Hot Dance Singles Sales (Billboard)[108] 1
France (SNEP)[55] 2
US Cash Box Top 100[107] 2
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[43] 2
Canada Dance/Urban (RPM)[99] 3
Italy (Musica e dischi)[59] 3
US Billboard Hot 100[42] 3
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[44] 3
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[60] 4
Australia (ARIA)[64] 5
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[67] 5
UK Singles (OCC)[52] 5
Denmark (Tracklisten)[61] 6
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 40)[101] 7
Scotland (OCC)[105] 7
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[109] 9
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[96] 11
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[106] 12
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[97] 15
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[103] 15
Ireland (IRMA)[102] 16
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[104] 20
Germany (Official German Charts)[100] 29

So, Madonna during her flop era was literally doing as well as Mariah during her peak. lmfao2 

Madonna - Frozen (1998)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1998) Peak
position
Costa Rica Airplay (El Siglo de Torreón)[118] 1
European Radio Top 50 (Music & Media)[121] 1
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[122] 1
France Airplay (SNEP)[124] 1
German-speaking Airplay (Music & Media)[124] 1
Greece (IFPI)[125] 1
Honduras Airplay (El Siglo de Torreón)[126] 1
Hungary (Mahasz)[127] 1
Italy (Musica e dischi)[127] 1
Scandinavian Airplay (Music & Media)[124] 1
Scotland (OCC)[132] 1
Spain (AFYVE)[57] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[49] 1
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[115] 2
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[52] 2
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[48] 2
Denmark (Tracklisten)[119] 2
European Hot 100 Singles (Music & Media)[120] 2
France (SNEP)[123] 2
Germany (Official German Charts)[54] 2
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[130] 2
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[53] 2
Norway (VG-lista)[131] 2
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[133] 2
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[56] 2
Taiwan (IFPI)[134] 2
US Billboard Hot 100[43] 2
US Hot Dance Singles Sales (Billboard)[136] 2
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[51] 3
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[116] 3
Ireland (IRMA)[129] 4
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[137] 4
Australia (ARIA)[58] 5
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[60] 5
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[46] 8
US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)[135] 9
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 40)[128] 11
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[138] 15
Canada Dance/Urban (RPM)[117]
Remix

Madonna - Music (2000)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (2000–2001) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[57] 1
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[54] 1
Czech Republic (IFPI)[71] 1
European Hot 100 Singles (Music & Media)[70] 1
European Radio Top 50 (Music & Media)[169] 1
Greece (IFPI)[172] 1
Hungary (Mahasz)[173] 1
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 40)[174] 1
Italy (FIMI)[176] 1
Japan International (Oricon)[177] 1
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[60] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[180] 1
Poland (ZPAV)[181] 1
Portugal (AFP)[182] 1
Romania (Romanian Top 100)[183] 1
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[185] 1
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[69] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[62] 1
UK Music Videos (OCC)[82] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[186] 1
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[188] 1
US Hot Dance Singles Sales (Billboard)[189] 1
Canada Dance/Urban (RPM)[166] 2
Denmark (Tracklisten)[168] 2
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[170] 2
Germany (Official German Charts)[171] 2
Scotland (OCC)[184] 2
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[68] 2
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[190] 2
US Music Video Sales (Billboard)[83] 3
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[164] 4
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[178] 4
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[179] 4
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[162] 5
Croatia (HRT)[167] 5
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[163] 6
Ireland (IRMA)[175] 7
France (SNEP)[67] 8
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[191] 9
US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)[187] 16
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[165] 17

Madonna - Hung Up (2005)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (2005–06) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[56] 1
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[113] 1
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[70] 1
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[114] 1
Canadian Singles Chart (Nielsen)[53] 1
CIS (Tophit)[116] 1
Czech Republic (Rádio Top 100)[117] 1
Denmark (Tracklisten)[118] 1
European Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)[61] 1
European Radio Airplay (Billboard)[119] 1
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[120] 1
France (SNEP)[58] 1
Germany (Official German Charts)[121] 1
Global Dance Songs (Billboard)[122] 1
Hungary (Rádiós Top 40)[124] 1
Italy (FIMI)[125] 1
Japan International (Oricon)[127] 1
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[128] 1
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[129] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[130] 1
Romania (Romanian Top 100)[131] 1
Russia Airplay (Tophit)[132] 1
Scotland (OCC)[133] 1
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[134] 1
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[135] 1
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[136] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[65] 1
UK Dance (OCC)[137] 1
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[141] 1
US Dance/Mix Show Airplay (Billboard)[142] 1
Greece (IFPI)[123] 2
Ireland (IRMA)[69] 2
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[60] 2
Brazil (Crowley Broadcast Analysis)[115] 5
US Billboard Hot 100[138] 7
US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)[140] 16
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[143] 17
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[139] 29
Japan (Oricon Singles Chart)[126] 59

Madonna - 4 Minutes (2008)

Spoiler

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (2008) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[42] 1
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[87] 1
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[88] 1
Canada (Canadian Hot 100)[89] 1
Canada CHR/Top 40 (Billboard)[90] 1
Canada Hot AC (Billboard)[91] 1
Denmark (Tracklisten)[94] 1
European Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)[53] 1
European Radio Airplay (Billboard)[53] 1
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[95] 1
Germany (Official German Charts)[97] 1
Global Dance Songs (Billboard)[98] 1
Greece Digital Songs (Billboard)[99] 1
Hungary (Rádiós Top 40)[101] 1
Ireland (IRMA)[103] 1
Italy (FIMI)[104] 1
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[106] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[108] 1
Portugal Digital Songs (Billboard)[110] 1
Romania (Romanian Top 100)[111] 1
Scotland (OCC)[112] 1
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[114] 1
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[116] 1
Turkey (Billboard)[117] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[46] 1
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[120] 1
US Dance/Mix Show Airplay (Billboard)[121] 1
Venezuela (Record Report)[124] 1
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[86] 2
France (SNEP)[96] 2
Hungary (Single Top 40)[102] 2
Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)[113] 2
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[115] 2
Japan (Japan Hot 100)[105] 3
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[44] 3
Poland (ZPAV)[109] 3
US Billboard Hot 100[118] 3
Czech Republic (Rádio Top 100)[92] 4
CIS (Tophit)[93] 5
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[31] 5
Hungary (Dance Top 40)[100] 8
US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)[119] 20
US Latin Pop Airplay (Billboard)[122] 27
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[123] 28

I was being very generous here...I could technically list some of Madonna's less big hits and proof that even her medium-sized hits are technically bigger international hits than Mariah's.

7 minutes ago, Grams said:

Dreamlover (1993)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1993) Peak
position
Portugal (AFP)[81] 2
Australia (ARIA)[67] 7
UK Singles (OCC)[84] 9
Ireland (IRMA)[77] 24
France (SNEP)[74] 49

Hero (1993)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1993–1994) Peak
position
Norway (VG-lista)[110] 2
France (SNEP)[102] 5
Ireland (IRMA)[105] 5
Australia (ARIA)[96] 7
UK Singles (OCC)[112] 7
Japan (Oricon)[106] 42

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1994) Peak
position
Ireland (IRMA)[58] 1
Scotland (OCC)[63] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[66] 1
France (SNEP)[55] 2
Australia (ARIA)[47] 3
Norway (VG-lista)[62] 3

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1994) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[37] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[56] 3
Ireland (IRMA)[47] 4
UK R&B (OCC)[57] 5
Norway (VG-lista)[52] 6
Scotland (OCC)[53] 6
France (SNEP)[44] 12

Fantasy (1995)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1995) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[59] 1
UK R&B (OCC)[83] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[82] 4
France (SNEP)[70] 5
Hungary (Mahasz)[72] 6
Ireland (IRMA)[74] 10
Norway (VG-lista)[78] 10
Scotland (OCC)[79] 10
Japan (Oricon)[25] 18

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1995–1996) Peak
position
UK R&B (OCC)[71] 1
Australia (ARIA)[48] 2
Ireland (IRMA)[61] 4
France (SNEP)[58] 5
Colombia (ASINCOL)[55] 6
Norway (VG-lista)[66] 6
UK Singles (OCC)[70] 6
Scotland (OCC)[67] 17
Japan (Oricon)[62] 87

Always Be My Baby (1996)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1996) Peak
position
UK R&B (OCC)[57] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[56] 3
Ireland (IRMA)[49] 10
Australia (ARIA)[40] 17
Scotland (OCC)[54] 18
Japan (Oricon)[50] 79

Honey (1997)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1997) Peak
position
Canada Dance (RPM)[41] 1
Taiwan (IFPI)[58] 2
UK R&B (OCC)[60] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[59] 3
Spain (AFYVE)[55] 4
Australia (ARIA)[34] 8
Scotland (OCC)[54] 13
Denmark (IFPI)[42] 17
Ireland (IRMA)[48] 19
France (SNEP)[45] 39
Japan (Oricon)[50] 39

My All (1998)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1998) Peak
position
UK R&B (OCC)[61] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[60] 4
with "Breakdown"
France (SNEP)[49] 6
Spain (AFYVE)[57] 9
Scotland (OCC)[56] 12
Norway (VG-lista)[55] 15
Ireland (IRMA)[51] 21
Australia (ARIA)[41] 39

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1998–1999) Peak
position
Hungary (Mahasz)[72] 1
Greece (IFPI)[71] 2
Norway (VG-lista)[80] 2
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[75] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[84] 4
France (SNEP)[69] 5
Scotland (OCC)[81] 6
Denmark (IFPI)[66] 7
Ireland (IRMA)[74] 7
Australia (ARIA)[59] 13
Japan (Oricon)[76] 45

Heartbreaker (1999)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1999–2000) Peak
position
UK R&B (OCC)[80] 1
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[76] 2
Croatia (HRT)[61] 3
France (SNEP)[64] 4
UK Singles (OCC)[79] 5
Denmark (IFPI)[62] 8
Australia (ARIA)[53] 10
Scotland (OCC)[75] 11
Norway (VG-lista)[74] 14
Ireland (IRMA)[68] 19

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Original version[edit]

Chart (2005) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[126] 1
UK R&B (OCC)[151] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[150] 2
Ireland (IRMA)[140] 3
Scotland (OCC)[146] 3
Norway (VG-lista)[145] 9
France (SNEP)[136] 12
Italy (FIMI)[141] 25
Greece (IFPI)[138] 28
CIS (Tophit)[133] 201

Touch My Body (2008)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (2008) Peak
position
UK R&B (OCC)[126] 1
Italy (FIMI)[112] 5
Scotland (OCC)[120] 5
UK Singles (OCC)[125] 5
Ireland (IRMA)[111] 13
France (SNEP)[108] 16
Australia (ARIA)[95] 17
Japan (Oricon)[113] 103
CIS (Tophit)[104] 144

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1986) Peak
position
Denmark (IFPI)[99] 1
Greece (IFPI)[103] 1
Ireland (IRMA)[32] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[33] 1
Portugal (AFP)[109] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[27] 1
Iceland (RÚV)[104] 2
France (SNEP)[101] 3
Spain (AFYVE)[36] 4

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1989) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[48] 1
Denmark (IFPI)[165] 1
Ireland (IRMA)[59] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[175] 1
Portugal (AFP)[176] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[54] 1
France (SNEP)[168] 2
Greece (IFPI)[169] 2

Madonna - Vogue (1990)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1990–1991) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[38] 1
Greece (IFPI)[97] 1
Japan (Oricon)[100] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[104] 1
Portugal (AFP)[105] 1
Spain (AFYVE)[107] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[110] 1
Ireland (IRMA)[98] 2
Denmark (IFPI)[92] 3
France (SNEP)[95] 9

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1994–1995) Peak
position
France (SNEP)[55] 2
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[60] 4
Australia (ARIA)[64] 5
UK Singles (OCC)[52] 5
Scotland (OCC)[105] 7
Ireland (IRMA)[102] 16

So, Madonna during her flop era was literally doing as well as Mariah during her peak. lmfao2 

Madonna - Frozen (1998)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1998) Peak
position
Greece (IFPI)[125] 1
Hungary (Mahasz)[127] 1
Scotland (OCC)[132] 1
Spain (AFYVE)[57] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[49] 1
France (SNEP)[123] 2
Norway (VG-lista)[131] 2
Taiwan (IFPI)[134] 2
Ireland (IRMA)[129] 4
Australia (ARIA)[58] 5
Remix

Madonna - Music (2000)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (2000–2001) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[57] 1
Greece (IFPI)[172] 1
Hungary (Mahasz)[173] 1
Italy (FIMI)[176] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[180] 1
Poland (ZPAV)[181] 1
Portugal (AFP)[182] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[62] 1
Scotland (OCC)[184] 2
Croatia (HRT)[167] 5
Ireland (IRMA)[175] 7
France (SNEP)[67] 8

Madonna - Hung Up (2005)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (2005–06) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[56] 1
CIS (Tophit)[116] 1
France (SNEP)[58] 1
Italy (FIMI)[125] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[130] 1
Scotland (OCC)[133] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[65] 1
UK Dance (OCC)[137] 1
Greece (IFPI)[123] 2
Ireland (IRMA)[69] 2

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (2008) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[42] 1
Ireland (IRMA)[103] 1
Italy (FIMI)[104] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[108] 1
Scotland (OCC)[112] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[46] 1
France (SNEP)[96] 2
Poland (ZPAV)[109] 3
CIS (Tophit)[93] 5

I was being very generous here...I could technically list some of Madonna's less big hits and proof that even her medium-sized hits are technically bigger international hits than Mariah's.

For some reason your standpoint has changed from wanting to prove that Mariah isn't globally successful to "Mariah never had as many global number one hit records like my fave Madonna!" and that's just sad to see. Thankfully your contribution to this "game" only proves that Mariah was and is globally successful, with and without featured artists. I've talked about how her global success shouldn't be compared to Madonna because she makes different music than Madge, but ok boo you do you. Only proving my point that you have a thick skull, well that's good I guess. To prevent brain damage!

11 minutes ago, Grams said:

Dreamlover (1993)

Hide contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1993) Peak
position
Portugal (AFP)[81] 2
Australia (ARIA)[67] 7
UK Singles (OCC)[84] 9
Ireland (IRMA)[77] 24
France (SNEP)[74] 49

Hero (1993)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1993–1994) Peak
position
Norway (VG-lista)[110] 2
France (SNEP)[102] 5
Ireland (IRMA)[105] 5
Australia (ARIA)[96] 7
UK Singles (OCC)[112] 7
Japan (Oricon)[106] 42

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1994) Peak
position
Ireland (IRMA)[58] 1
Scotland (OCC)[63] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[66] 1
France (SNEP)[55] 2
Australia (ARIA)[47] 3
Norway (VG-lista)[62] 3

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1994) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[37] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[56] 3
Ireland (IRMA)[47] 4
UK R&B (OCC)[57] 5
Norway (VG-lista)[52] 6
Scotland (OCC)[53] 6
France (SNEP)[44] 12

Fantasy (1995)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1995) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[59] 1
UK R&B (OCC)[83] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[82] 4
France (SNEP)[70] 5
Hungary (Mahasz)[72] 6
Ireland (IRMA)[74] 10
Norway (VG-lista)[78] 10
Scotland (OCC)[79] 10
Japan (Oricon)[25] 18

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1995–1996) Peak
position
UK R&B (OCC)[71] 1
Australia (ARIA)[48] 2
Ireland (IRMA)[61] 4
France (SNEP)[58] 5
Colombia (ASINCOL)[55] 6
Norway (VG-lista)[66] 6
UK Singles (OCC)[70] 6
Scotland (OCC)[67] 17
Japan (Oricon)[62] 87

Always Be My Baby (1996)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1996) Peak
position
UK R&B (OCC)[57] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[56] 3
Ireland (IRMA)[49] 10
Australia (ARIA)[40] 17
Scotland (OCC)[54] 18
Japan (Oricon)[50] 79

Honey (1997)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1997) Peak
position
Canada Dance (RPM)[41] 1
Taiwan (IFPI)[58] 2
UK R&B (OCC)[60] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[59] 3
Spain (AFYVE)[55] 4
Australia (ARIA)[34] 8
Scotland (OCC)[54] 13
Denmark (IFPI)[42] 17
Ireland (IRMA)[48] 19
France (SNEP)[45] 39
Japan (Oricon)[50] 39

My All (1998)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1998) Peak
position
UK R&B (OCC)[61] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[60] 4
with "Breakdown"
France (SNEP)[49] 6
Spain (AFYVE)[57] 9
Scotland (OCC)[56] 12
Norway (VG-lista)[55] 15
Ireland (IRMA)[51] 21
Australia (ARIA)[41] 39

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1998–1999) Peak
position
Hungary (Mahasz)[72] 1
Greece (IFPI)[71] 2
Norway (VG-lista)[80] 2
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[75] 2
UK Singles (OCC)[84] 4
France (SNEP)[69] 5
Scotland (OCC)[81] 6
Denmark (IFPI)[66] 7
Ireland (IRMA)[74] 7
Australia (ARIA)[59] 13
Japan (Oricon)[76] 45

Heartbreaker (1999)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1999–2000) Peak
position
UK R&B (OCC)[80] 1
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[76] 2
Croatia (HRT)[61] 3
France (SNEP)[64] 4
UK Singles (OCC)[79] 5
Denmark (IFPI)[62] 8
Australia (ARIA)[53] 10
Scotland (OCC)[75] 11
Norway (VG-lista)[74] 14
Ireland (IRMA)[68] 19

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Original version[edit]

Chart (2005) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[126] 1
UK R&B (OCC)[151] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[150] 2
Ireland (IRMA)[140] 3
Scotland (OCC)[146] 3
Norway (VG-lista)[145] 9
France (SNEP)[136] 12
Italy (FIMI)[141] 25
Greece (IFPI)[138] 28
CIS (Tophit)[133] 201

Touch My Body (2008)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (2008) Peak
position
UK R&B (OCC)[126] 1
Italy (FIMI)[112] 5
Scotland (OCC)[120] 5
UK Singles (OCC)[125] 5
Ireland (IRMA)[111] 13
France (SNEP)[108] 16
Australia (ARIA)[95] 17
Japan (Oricon)[113] 103
CIS (Tophit)[104] 144

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1986) Peak
position
Denmark (IFPI)[99] 1
Greece (IFPI)[103] 1
Ireland (IRMA)[32] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[33] 1
Portugal (AFP)[109] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[27] 1
Iceland (RÚV)[104] 2
France (SNEP)[101] 3
Spain (AFYVE)[36] 4

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1989) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[48] 1
Denmark (IFPI)[165] 1
Ireland (IRMA)[59] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[175] 1
Portugal (AFP)[176] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[54] 1
France (SNEP)[168] 2
Greece (IFPI)[169] 2

Madonna - Vogue (1990)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1990–1991) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[38] 1
Greece (IFPI)[97] 1
Japan (Oricon)[100] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[104] 1
Portugal (AFP)[105] 1
Spain (AFYVE)[107] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[110] 1
Ireland (IRMA)[98] 2
Denmark (IFPI)[92] 3
France (SNEP)[95] 9

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1994–1995) Peak
position
France (SNEP)[55] 2
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[60] 4
Australia (ARIA)[64] 5
UK Singles (OCC)[52] 5
Scotland (OCC)[105] 7
Ireland (IRMA)[102] 16

Madonna - Frozen (1998)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1998) Peak
position
Greece (IFPI)[125] 1
Hungary (Mahasz)[127] 1
Scotland (OCC)[132] 1
Spain (AFYVE)[57] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[49] 1
France (SNEP)[123] 2
Norway (VG-lista)[131] 2
Taiwan (IFPI)[134] 2
Ireland (IRMA)[129] 4
Australia (ARIA)[58] 5
Remix

Madonna - Music (2000)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (2000–2001) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[57] 1
Greece (IFPI)[172] 1
Hungary (Mahasz)[173] 1
Italy (FIMI)[176] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[180] 1
Poland (ZPAV)[181] 1
Portugal (AFP)[182] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[62] 1
Scotland (OCC)[184] 2
Croatia (HRT)[167] 5
Ireland (IRMA)[175] 7
France (SNEP)[67] 8

Madonna - Hung Up (2005)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (2005–06) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[56] 1
CIS (Tophit)[116] 1
France (SNEP)[58] 1
Italy (FIMI)[125] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[130] 1
Scotland (OCC)[133] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[65] 1
UK Dance (OCC)[137] 1
Greece (IFPI)[123] 2
Ireland (IRMA)[69] 2

Reveal hidden contents

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (2008) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[42] 1
Ireland (IRMA)[103] 1
Italy (FIMI)[104] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[108] 1
Scotland (OCC)[112] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[46] 1
France (SNEP)[96] 2
Poland (ZPAV)[109] 3
CIS (Tophit)[93] 5

Well done for proving Mariah had hits outside the US. 

1 minute ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

For some reason your standpoint has changed from wanting to prove that Mariah isn't globally successful to "Mariah never had as many global number one hit records like my fave Madonna!" and that's just sad to see. Thankfully your contribution to this "game" only proves that Mariah was and is globally successful, with and without featured artists. I've talked about how her global success shouldn't be compared to Madonna because she makes different music than Madge, but ok boo you do you. Only proving my point that you have a thick skull, well that's good I guess. To prevent brain damage!

1 minute ago, Billie Frank said:

Well done for proving Mariah had hits outside the US. 

Lol...she's not nearly as "globally successful" as you make her out to be. These singles mostly charted for less than songs tend to chart these days. Also, most of the #1s you see on those lists are from different US charts (mostly airplay) and Canada. This just further proves that her hits are all smoke and mirrors and happened thanks to the massive radio payola she received from her husband. lmfao2 

She's local as shit, her hits are barely remembered or impactful and that is just the tea lambs will never ever understand. Embarro.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.