Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Darth Sidious

State of Arizona plans reintroduce gas-chamber executions for capital offenses using infamous holocaust gas Zyklon B, or hydrogen cyanide.

Lee Saloutos | Gas Chamber With Two Chairs, Missouri State Penitentiary, #3  (2012) | Available for Sale | Artsy

After a seven year pause on executions in the State of Arizona, the state's legislature has authorized the department of corrections to refurbish the gas chamber at Florence State Prison. The pause, partially due to the botched lethal injection of Joseph Wood in 2014, who took two hours to die after being given enough drugs to kill 15 people, will end later this year, and as such the Department of Corrections has a spent $1,530 in December, 2020 on a solid brick of potassium cyanide. The state also bought sodium hydroxide pellets and sulfuric acid necessary to generate the gas.

History buffs will remember that this exact formula was used to murder over 1 million people in the Nazi extermination camps in the early to mid-1940s. As a consequence, many states throughout the United States and the world have banned its usage in capital punishment. Even in those US states that haven't explicitly banned it, those that still carry out capital execution by gassing still won't touch it. Arizona hasn't executed someone in a gas chamber in over twenty years, ever since the botched execution of a prisoner led to agonizing death of a prisoner for over twenty minutes. 

Arizona appears to be going  though with the PR disaster, and given the shortage of drugs used for lethal injections, the state's Republican governor, state legislature and attorney general have cloaked it in all the sanctimony that you can expect from "pro-life" individuals.  

Source

I am not against capital execution if the individual is unquestionably responsibly. As in, they're on tape doing it. 

But I am against this. 

This is fucked up, even for a kooky state like Arizona.  

i guess strapping a criminal to a bed and injecting them with a lethal drug to perform a humane death is not #cool enough

i swear its like we never learn from our collective past [as a community/species]. humanity baffles me everyday  lol3

26 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

i guess strapping a criminal to a bed and injecting them with a lethal drug to perform a humane death is not #cool enough

i swear its like we never learn from our collective past [as a community/species]. humanity baffles me everyday  lol3

History doesn’t repeat itself, but it often rhymes.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.