Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Max

A 'Cruella' Sequel is already in early Development

4e97d1a1-3a6a-41bd-999d-6986e9d7a900-Cruella1.jpg?crop=1507,848,x0,y0&width=1507&height=848&format=pjpg&auto=webp

The world may have been a more wholesome place before Cruella De Vil, but Disney cannot get enough of her.

Before “Cruella” — the live-action prequel to the animated feature “One Hundred and One Dalmatians” — has even entered its second weekend of release, Disney is already in early development on a sequel, with director Craig Gillespie and screenwriter Tony McNamara both expected to return. It’s unclear whether star Emma Stone is also set to reprise her performance as the dastardly, fur-loving villain, but it’s also unclear how a sequel would work without her.

The latest in Disney’s line of live-action adaptations of its animated classics, “Cruella” opened on May 28 in theaters and on Disney Plus via an additional $30 purchase through the streamer’s Premiere Access option. To date, the film’s earned $32.4 million domestically and $48.5 million worldwide; although Disney characterizes the film’s Disney Plus performance as “strong,” as with all streamers, the studio has declined to release any public audience data.

x

Omg, this is great news. 

I still have to see the first one but whew, I'm so hyped for it. I'll gladly take a sequel that's probably years away anyway. giveup4 

2 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

I watched the movie a few days ago and I was impressed by it. It was better than expected so I'd love to see a sequel of this one :D 

Nice to read that, I‘ll probably get around to watching it next weekend. Can’t wait. giveup4 

@Max @Princess Aurora @Chris Morlock

Completely unnecessary. The movie was fun as a prequel, but how many movies will be make before Cruella becomes an evil woman who wants to make a Dalmatian coat.

Hollywood rarely has  original ideas and will continue to milk the money from the same cow if they can. eve1 If they continue with new movies, Cruella's character will be completely rewritten.

The movie was good, but it also shits on its legacy because of the new direction. Why does Cruella has to be an antihero?  A movie could have been great with evil Cruella too. But this is Disney.

Only for those who have seen the movie:

Spoiler

While watching the movie, I thought Emma Thompson was so good and had that Cruella vibe, which Emma Stone lacked. And then there is that twist which explained stuff. eve1 

P.S. Emma Stone has become overrated. It seems people on this forum only watch movies if Emma Stone is in them.   Shame on you. sia2 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.