Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Strobo

Which '08 pop girl album was the best/worst?

Who had the best/worst album of '08?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which '08 pop girl album was the best?

• Beyoncé: I Am... Sasha Fierce
    • Britney Spears: Circus
    • Katy Perry: One of the Boys
    • Madonna: Hard Candy
    • Mariah Carey: E=MC²
    • Lady Gaga: The Fame
    • Rihanna: Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded
    • Taylor Swift: Fearless
    • Adele: 19
    • P!nk: Funhouse
    • Miley Cyrus: Breakout
    • Janet Jackson: Discipline
    • (BONUS) Kylie Minogue: X
  2. 2. Who had the worst album of the bunch?

• Beyoncé: I Am... Sasha Fierce
    • Britney Spears: Circus
    • Katy Perry: One of the Boys
    • Madonna: Hard Candy
    • Mariah Carey: E=MC²
    • Lady Gaga: The Fame
    • Rihanna: Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded
    • Taylor Swift: Fearless
    • Adele: 19
    • P!nk: Funhouse
    • Miley Cyrus: Breakout
    • Janet Jackson: Discipline
    • (BONUS) Kylie Minogue: X

2008 was an absolutely loaded year for pop girl domination, with nearly every fave who was around at the time as well as others releasing something during this time.

It's kind of a big poll, but I'm genuinely curious to see who y'all think wins this.

Don't drag me for Kylie she released late enough for me to want to include her.

looking at the complete album experience , I would go with The Fame or 19, but ultimately Fame bc it was in a way groundbreaking and even the "boring" songs are staples

worse? I haven't listened to all on this list but I would say Sasha Fierce. The album cuts are horrible and the overall production has outdated very fast, exception of Diva, Video Phone, Ego, & Sweet Dreams 

Best: The Fame

Worst: Sasha Fierce, too long and kinda forgettable, the only song on it i actually like is Sweet Dreams.  

Hard Candy was also poorl while E=MC2 is one of Mariah's weaker album.

On 6/10/2021 at 7:52 AM, Smiley Akira said:

You mean her worst? 

I believe so, but Billie Prank wouldn't dare to call it that way. moo1

To answer the OP, I strangely voted for Kylie's X (read: ten) album and not Gaga's The Fame. Was it Kylie's magic (see what I did there? Ok.) that compelled me to do that? Idk for sure. Britney's Circus is also super cool, but it also sounds like an album that could have been reworked and optimized. What is Fearless doing here? Isn't it country? ari7

The worst album must be Sasha Fierce. Although, I actually have my own way to make it more listenable a.k.a. please remove Ave Maria from disc 1 and also remove the dreadful Diva and Video Phone from disc 2. Then, if you have them, please add Ego and Why Don't You Love Me to disc 2. Suddenly it's better, might be her best album too. moo1

2 hours ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

To answer the OP, I strangely voted for Kylie's X (read: ten) album and not Gaga's The Fame. Was it Kylie's magic (see what I did there? Ok.) that compelled me to do that? Idk for sure. Britney's Circus is also super cool, but it also sounds like an album that could have been reworked and optimized. 

The One, Wow, Sensitized, are very wonderful, even the unreleased ones are also worth to listen to.

X is in my top 5 Kylie Albums. Number one being KM94 followed by Aphrodite, Light Years,  Rhythm of  God, and then X.

The only not so great album was Kylie made was Golden and even that's quite listenable. Her first two albums are quite wholesome but still perks me up and when I'm not feeling particularly great. 

2 hours ago, Smiley Akira said:

The One, Wow, Sensitized, are very wonderful, even the unreleased ones are also worth to listen to.

X is in my top 5 Kylie Albums. Number one being KM94 followed by Aphrodite, Light Years,  Rhythm of  God, and then X.

The only not so great album was Kylie made was Golden and even that's quite listenable. Her first two albums are quite wholesome but still perks me up and when I'm not feeling particularly great. 

X is so messy sonically but the tunes are so good separately... except for Ex-or-cyst And yes, the unreleased songs PLUS songs that are B-sides are just as good. Well, for me there's a few albums by her that I categorize as not so great or, even worse, bad. Kiss Me Once, Let's Get to It, Exorcise Yourself and her debut. moo1

Best: 

1. The Fame
  2. I Am Sasha Fierce 
  3. GGGB Reloaded
  4. Circus
  5. X
  6. Discipline 
  7. Hard Candy 
  8. Funhouse 
  9. E=MC2
  10. Fearless*

*I'm no Taylor Swift fan but Fearless was pretty good. 

The Fame remains LEGENDARY and TIMELESS. Justice for X, Hard Candy and Discipline. I Am Sasha Fierce is better than what ppl give it credit for, applies to Hard Candy too (it was Ms last great album) . E=MC2 was good, some questionable songs but rest is good. 

Worst:

Definitely One Of The Boys and Breakout.  

But yessss 2008 was FIRE and an AWESOME year of female domination tho 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Beyoncé: I Am... Sasha Fierce

Lady Gaga: The Fame (should've won AOTY at the Grammys imo, and she should've got a Best New Artist nomination)

Rihanna: Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded

Britney Spears: Circus

Janet Jackson: Discipline

P!nk: Funhouse

Mariah Carey: E=MC²

Taylor Swift: Fearless

Kylie Minogue: X

Miley Cyrus: Breakout

Adele: 19

Katy Perry: One of the Boys

Madonna: Hard Candy

• Replies 18