Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

rocky road

Why Blackout isn’t influential (at all)

Loose_(Nelly_Furtado_album_-_cover_art).

Released 1 full year before 

this Danja-produced album shifted the landscape of mainstream music from hip hop to pop (what Britney fans wrongly claim Blackout did)  with Danja’s dark sexy edgy pop beats. After its enormous success Britneys label then ordered her to record with the same producer, if it weren’t for Nelly there wouldn’t be a Blackout - not the other way around.

nothing ground breaking or influential about what Nelly had already done a full year before...Botney fans and Botney fan journalists are delusional  I’m tired of hearing them gas up this album  up to be more than what it is, stop trying to rewrite history ari9

I don't recall the "influence" blackout had was with the producers. I think it was simply because it was her comeback after her mental breakdown and how talked about she was and her response with piece of me. 

I don't even know who Nelly Furtado is outside of the few fotpers I see talk about her every once in a blue moon rip4 

If only the anti-Britney Xtina fans put as much energy into buying and streaming their faves music as they did dragging Britney, Xtina's career might have lived beyond Back to Basics. 

1 hour ago, rocky road said:

this Danja-produced album shifted the landscape of mainstream music from hip hop to pop (what Britney fans wrongly claim Blackout did)  with Danja’s dark sexy edgy pop beats. After its enormous success Britneys label then ordered her to record with the same producer, if it weren’t for Nelly there wouldn’t be a Blackout - not the other way around.

nothing ground breaking or influential about what Nelly had already done a full year before...Botney fans and Botney fan journalists are delusional  I’m tired of hearing them gas up this album  up to be more than what it is, stop trying to rewrite history ari9

This is all LIES. 

Blackout is one of the most influential albums and it did change the game and it literally ushered electropop into the mainstream. Especially it is the reason why The Fame, Bionic, She Wolf and Rated R exist. It literally SHAPED the entire 2010s pop. 

It was even added into the RS Hall Of Fame  for contributions to the music industry and was named the most influential pop album of the 2000s by Rolling Stone. Stay fuming! 

3 hours ago, rocky road said:

Professional music magazines that never even liked Britney: Blackout is the most influential pop album of the 2010s, etc.

One Xtina stan on a gay forum: Blackout is nothing guys, stop rewriting history!!!!

The fuck. Have you even listened to Loose? It's heavy with Timbaland prod., it sounds way more similar to Timberlake's FutureSex/LoveSounds album than Blackout. Sure, Danja worked with Tim too, but his independent work on Blackout sounds different than Tim's. The beats may be similar, but the production style is entirely different. Sometimes Danja's works would use different type of beats too. Also, Danja isn't the only producer on Blackout as Bloodshy & Avant also produced many songs in Blackout.

But of course I wouldn't be surprised that you didn't notice, since Xtina never used a forward thinking beats and production. Even Bionic (which I love) sounds like something that Gwen Stefani might release in 2005.

Britney's label didn't "order" her to work with Danja. That's probably the album where she was most disconnected with her label and management. She was the executive producer of the album and WANTED to work with Danja after she rejected Timbaland and his posse.

Like even the songs you posted Maneater sounds nothing like Get Naked.

Sorry, but you don't decide what is groundbreaking or not. 

Britney fans are not the only ones who praise Blackout, magazines like Rolling Stones and other greatest album lists, also cite Blackout as one of the Top 500 greatest albums of all time.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-albums-of-all-time-1062063/britney-spears-blackout-2-1062792/

Maneater was a bop at its release, but it's aged like Caitlyn Jenner's neck, meanwhile the entirety of Blackout ages like Paris Hilton's face.

Blackout will continue to be a pop staple and bible that other girls and grandmas continue to look up to and try to recreate but fail to (see Madonna's Bitch I'm Madonna).

It's also the proudest album I've bought with my own money:

Spoiler

UxRjPUE.jpg

Also this thread made me stream the album again, so it backfired. lol2

15 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Like even the songs you posted Maneater sounds nothing like Get Naked.

The tea is, Maneater's production sounds more similar to Hot as Ice than Get Naked. But that's not what he made as the comparisons in OP so let me shuuuuuuutttt uuuuuuuup~ ari7

8 minutes ago, Trunks said:

Sorry, but you don't decide what is groundbreaking or not. 

Britney fans are not the only ones who praise Blackout, magazines like Rolling Stones and other greatest album lists, also cite Blackout as one of the Top 500 greatest albums of all time.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-albums-of-all-time-1062063/britney-spears-blackout-2-1062792/

Maneater was a bop at its release, but it's aged like Caitlyn Jenner's neck, meanwhile the entirety of Blackout ages like Paris Hilton's face.

Blackout will continue to be a pop staple and bible that other girls and grandmas continue to look up to and try to recreate but fail to (see Madonna's Bitch I'm Madonna).

It's also the proudest album I've bought with my own money:

Reveal hidden contents

UxRjPUE.jpg

Also this thread made me stream the album again, so it backfired. lol2

So true. You can tell exactly from what time period Loose was from even though it bops. That's harder to do with Blackout. 

Also I peep B2B there as well 👀

3 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

So true. You can tell exactly from what time period Loose was from even though it bops. That's harder to do with Blackout. 

Also I peep B2B there as well 👀

Exactly, you can tell the two songs are produced by the same producer, but he obviously improved tremendously for Blackout lol2 Also it's not just the production that makes Blackout a masterpiece, it's the vocal delivery, I can't imagine Nelly furtado being able to sound soothing and sexy... she's more a soul singer.

Yes, two masterpieces cry0

11 minutes ago, Trunks said:

Exactly, you can tell the two songs are produced by the same producer, but he obviously improved tremendously for Blackout lol2 Also it's not just the production that makes Blackout a masterpiece, it's the vocal delivery, I can't imagine Nelly furtado being able to sound soothing and sexy... she's more a soul singer.

Yes, two masterpieces cry0

Nelly could. I mean she sounds pretty sexy and soothing in many of Loose's songs. However, her tone is different than Britney's. While Nelly sounded like a feather flying through the melodies and beats of Loose, Britney sounded like she's a part of the machinery that produced Blackout. It's kind of subtle, but if you paid enough attention to both albums you would hear what I meant.

4 minutes ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

Nelly could. I mean she sounds pretty sexy and soothing in many of Loose's songs. However, her tone is different than Britney's. While Nelly sounded like a feather flying through the melodies and beats of Loose, Britney sounded like she's a part of the machinery that produced Blackout. It's kind of subtle, but if you paid enough attention to both albums you would hear what I meant.

Her voice is the opposite definition of soothing pguSIBb.gifpguSIBb.gifpguSIBb.gifpguSIBb.gif

She's a soul singer like Xtina is, however not versatile like Xtina.

Loose definitely was one of THE most impactful albums that shaped the pop scene sonically in the pre-Gaga era. That and Future Sex/Love Sound were and still are the go-to albums from that era.

Blackout definitely had its fair share of impact but it isn't nearly as iconic as Loose and FS/LS is and it also wasn't as internationally successful as those two. They had a much better and more memorable single rollout and promo campaign than Blackout. 

They are Nelly's and JT's quintessential albums. Blackout isn't even Britney's magnum opus.

Is it hard to praise an album without taking down another?

Both are very influential albums of their respective years, and some rando on a forum saying Blackout isn't when publication after publication says the opposite won't change that.

5 hours ago, Grams said:

Loose definitely was one of THE most impactful albums that shaped the pop scene sonically in the pre-Gaga era. That and Future Sex/Love Sound were and still are the go-to albums from that era.

Blackout definitely had its fair share of impact but it isn't nearly as iconic as Loose and FS/LS is and it also wasn't as internationally successful as those two. They had a much better and more memorable single rollout and promo campaign than Blackout. 

They are Nelly's and JT's quintessential albums. Blackout isn't even Britney's magnum opus.

As much as i love Blackout this is lowkey the tea. L.A.M.B. and Loose were arguably two of the most influential pop albums of the 2000s. The songs on those albums have endured the test of time, and many have tried to replicate those styles ever since.

People do compare Gaga to Madonna, but if you look at her earlier work (pre-TFM) much of it draws clear inspiration from Gwen. Summerboy not only sounds like a Gwen/No Doubt reject but it also sounds like it's being sung by Gwen especially during the chorus. TFM/BTW is when Gaga clearly started emulating Madonna. And lets not talk about how Gwen influenced the music and stage personas of other artists such as P!nk, Fergie, Charli XCX, Avril Lavinge, Ariana Grande (Sweetener era) just to name a few. 

It might be a controversial opinion but sonically the most influential female artists of the 00s were Gwen Stefani, Nelly Furtado (Loose era), M.I.A, Amy Winehouse. Perhaps those artists prove that it's not always about having multiple hits or a long career that matters, but more that one or two albums alone can cement your legacy. 

8 hours ago, Mario said:

This is all LIES. 

Blackout is one of the most influential albums and it did change the game and it literally ushered electropop into the mainstream. Especially it is the reason why The Fame, Bionic, She Wolf and Rated R exist. It literally SHAPED the entire 2010s pop. 

It was even added into the RS Hall Of Fame  for contributions to the music industry and was named the most influential pop album of the 2000s by Rolling Stone. Stay fuming! 

FYI the Rolling Stone journalist who wrote that is a massive britard, he even always makes sure to trash xtincta every chance he gets ari9

Loose and Blackout really aren't THAT sonically similar though. They share Danja as a producer but he is very versatile.... Loose was much more urban leaning and the production had more live instrumentation. There were some club songs but mostly it wasn't a dance-pop album like Blackout.

Blackout definitely paved the way for dance-pop to make a comeback on radio, and pioneered a new kind of electro pop, before Gaga debuted and really broke it through on radio, also around the same time as the Black Eyed Peas E.N.D. album

Tbh there are several albums from that era that were influential, but Blackout definitely stands out. Blackout is THE standard when it comes to dance-pop albums, and that's pretty much agreed by many people who aren't even Britney fans. Maybe you prefer Loose but that doesn't mean it was more impactful, it just means you like it more ny5

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.