Starboy

Rank Ellie's hit singles

*Hits were determined at a peak cut-off of top 15 chart placements in the U.S. and/or U.K.*

1. Starry Eyed

2. Your Song

3. Lights

4. Anything Could Happen

5. Explosions

6. Burn

7. How Long Will I Love You

8. Beating Heart

9. Love Me Like You Do

10. On My Mind

11. Still Falling For You

12. River

River’s chart placement was a essentially a corporate algorithmic scam. Amazon made sure that if you asked Alexa to play Christmas music that on every single one of their 9 curated Xmas themed playlists you’d be guaranteed to hear it if you listened to at least 15 songs, and usually (67% of the time) it was played within the first 4 songs.

There’s 100% no way that a platform exclusive song (plus YouTube) would’ve naturally beat every other Christmas song that existed without seriously stacking the odds unless it was life changing or something.

If anything, it pointlessly cemented her as a faceless Christmassy ballad cover artist. Good job everyone.

1 hour ago, Brutus said:

River’s chart placement was a essentially a corporate algorithmic scam. Amazon made sure that if you asked Alexa to play Christmas music that on every single one of their 9 curated Xmas themed playlists you’d be guaranteed to hear it if you listened to at least 15 songs, and usually (67% of the time) it was played within the first 4 songs.

There’s 100% no way that a platform exclusive song (plus YouTube) would’ve naturally beat every other Christmas song that existed without seriously stacking the odds unless it was life changing or something.

If anything, it pointlessly cemented her as a faceless Christmassy ballad cover artist. Good job everyone.

Mariah is shaking in her boots

2 hours ago, Brutus said:

So what you’re saying is Ellie’s team was smart for once and easily got her a #1 song? Period bey5

20 hours ago, Starboy said:

So what you’re saying is Ellie’s team was smart for once and easily got her a #1 song? Period bey5

A number one song that some people have no respect for. Makes the charts look stupid and easily exploitable. So smart. So glad they put their heads together to promote an unoriginal, non-album song. Really helped her campaign.

A number one song that some people have no respect for. Makes the charts look stupid and easily exploitable. So smart. So glad they put their heads together to promote an unoriginal, non-album song. Really helped her campaign.

Pretty sure people don’t care how she got the #1 spot. It’s a nice song and I didn’t hear much about people being bothered by it. I consider it to be a smart move because who else has been able to do the same thing? It doesn’t matter if the song was part of an album or not, all that matters is she got the revenue and publicity for getting the top spot which is something you want your favorite artist to get.

I’m convinced you don’t actually stan Ellie Goulding. It seems to me that you just love her music and only loved her before her Delirium era. You're nostalgic for the time that you fell in love with her and you hope she’ll return to being the person she used to be but that’s not going to happen. She’s grown and changed since then, so has her music, and if you can’t stand the direction she wants her career to take then you don’t have to be a part of it. Being negative about everything she’s done these past few years and criticizing her to no end isn’t helpful and it’s not going to bring back the “old Ellie”. She’s happy, making money and working hard on her music just to please fans like you.

And I’m not saying you can’t criticize her because you certainly can but I haven’t heard one positive thing you’ve said about her regarding her new sound.

16 hours ago, Starboy said:

Pretty sure people don’t care how she got the #1 spot. It’s a nice song and I didn’t hear much about people being bothered by it. I consider it to be a smart move because who else has been able to do the same thing? It doesn’t matter if the song was part of an album or not, all that matters is she got the revenue and publicity for getting the top spot which is something you want your favorite artist to get.

I’m convinced you don’t actually stan Ellie Goulding. It seems to me that you just love her music and only loved her before her Delirium era. You're nostalgic for the time that you fell in love with her and you hope she’ll return to being the person she used to be but that’s not going to happen. She’s grown and changed since then, so has her music, and if you can’t stand the direction she wants her career to take then you don’t have to be a part of it. Being negative about everything she’s done these past few years and criticizing her to no end isn’t helpful and it’s not going to bring back the “old Ellie”. She’s happy, making money and working hard on her music just to please fans like you.

And I’m not saying you can’t criticize her because you certainly can but I haven’t heard one positive thing you’ve said about her regarding her new sound.

Feel free to dig up anything negative I’ve said about the album tracks on Brightest Blue, as I’d love to read them rather than your baseless psychoanalysis.

Feel free to dig up anything negative I’ve said about the album tracks on Brightest Blue, as I’d love to read them rather than your baseless psychoanalysis.

“I haven’t heard” means I personally haven’t seen anything you post that suggests otherwise. You might have praised songs from Brightest Blue but I probably missed that. I’m not going to waste my time digging through your posts.

It’s not a psychoanalysis. It’s just the impression I’ve gotten of you based on what I’ve seen. I may be wrong but that’s just my personal view of you.