Starboy

Rank Ellie's hit singles

*Hits were determined at a peak cut-off of top 15 chart placements in the U.S. and/or U.K.*

1. Starry Eyed

2. Your Song

3. Lights

4. Anything Could Happen

5. Explosions

6. Burn

7. How Long Will I Love You

8. Beating Heart

9. Love Me Like You Do

10. On My Mind

11. Still Falling For You

12. River

River’s chart placement was a essentially a corporate algorithmic scam. Amazon made sure that if you asked Alexa to play Christmas music that on every single one of their 9 curated Xmas themed playlists you’d be guaranteed to hear it if you listened to at least 15 songs, and usually (67% of the time) it was played within the first 4 songs.

There’s 100% no way that a platform exclusive song (plus YouTube) would’ve naturally beat every other Christmas song that existed without seriously stacking the odds unless it was life changing or something.

If anything, it pointlessly cemented her as a faceless Christmassy ballad cover artist. Good job everyone.

1 hour ago, Brutus said:

River’s chart placement was a essentially a corporate algorithmic scam. Amazon made sure that if you asked Alexa to play Christmas music that on every single one of their 9 curated Xmas themed playlists you’d be guaranteed to hear it if you listened to at least 15 songs, and usually (67% of the time) it was played within the first 4 songs.

There’s 100% no way that a platform exclusive song (plus YouTube) would’ve naturally beat every other Christmas song that existed without seriously stacking the odds unless it was life changing or something.

If anything, it pointlessly cemented her as a faceless Christmassy ballad cover artist. Good job everyone.

Mariah is shaking in her boots

2 hours ago, Brutus said:

So what you’re saying is Ellie’s team was smart for once and easily got her a #1 song? Period bey5

1. Lights

2. Still Falling For You

3. Explosions

4. Starry Eyed

5.  On My Mind

6. Your Song

7. River

8. Burn

9. Love Me Like You Do

10. Anything Could Happen

11. How Long Will I Love You

12. Beating Heart