Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Beel

This is definitely Marina at her worst

1 hour ago, Urbi said:

I’ve read that the biggest flaw of this album are the lyrics, so I took a minute to go through some of them and … gag1 what in graphomania

Fear of @Grams

2 hours ago, Beel said:

Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land sounds like she went to the Twitter feed of someone trying very hard to get likes, compiled the tweets, set them to music, and put out an album

I haven’t heard the album but this description sounds hilarious lol3

These songs...the production largely sounds like the early, or maybe, late 80s. It's not the tunes that are the problem, it's the lyrics. The lyrics are too preachy. Preach, babe, preach, but at least make them vary from one song to another. These are mostly "Earth is good, people are bad, I'm gonna punish ya, AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!" oprah15

This is also an album that Xtina would probably make after Bionic if she a) didn't make Burlesque, and b) kept the Le Tigre vibe going on. That's how I feel. xtina11

On 6/12/2021 at 9:24 AM, Gwen Stefanee said:

These songs...the production largely sounds like the early, or maybe, late 80s. It's not the tunes that are the problem, it's the lyrics. The lyrics are too preachy. Preach, babe, preach, but at least make them vary from one song to another. These are mostly "Earth is good, people are bad, I'm gonna punish ya, AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!" oprah15

This is also an album that Xtina would probably make after Bionic if she a) didn't make Burlesque, and b) kept the Le Tigre vibe going on. That's how I feel. xtina11

Le Tigre slaps oprah15 

It is a solid work, but I don't like it.

It probably will please hardcore fans, because this is classic Marina, but that is the problem. There is nothing new sonically. Many of you dragged her for filth for Froot, but that album had some memorable  songs. 

Meanwhile, Lorde brought something new and different  from stuff that is currently popular. Yes, it evokes some stuff of Primal Scream and George Michael, but it isn't a rehash in any way. oprah14 

19 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

It is a solid work, but I don't like it.

It probably will please hardcore fans, because this is classic Marina, but that is the problem. There is nothing new sonically. Many of you dragged her for filth for Froot, but that album had some memorable  songs.

The title track sounds unlike anything else she's ever done though wat3

I slightly agree with Messrs @Beel and @Urbi though, the lyrics are some of the cringiest I've ever heard (and this is Marina we're talking about rip2).

The production on this album SLAPS though alex1

Borde, Lanadderall Ray and Tranquiliser Swift should all take NOTE

clap1

13 minutes ago, LÉON said:

The title track sounds unlike anything else she's ever done though wat3

I slightly agree with Messrs @Beel and @Urbi though, the lyrics are some of the cringiest I've ever heard (and this is Marina we're talking about rip2).

The production on this album SLAPS though, Borde, Lanadderall Ray and Tranquiliser Swift should all take NOTE clap1

Most of it sounds like her previous efforts. eve1 The production is really good. It sounds expensive and polished,  but she keeps sticking to the same style and it  feels like she has been doing the same song for 10 years. 

I don't mind the lyrics. true1 

Yes, there is something off about Lorde's new song  production wise. It doesn't sound expensive, but at least it is a creative and different song overall. 

1 minute ago, SeekingThrill said:

Most of it sounds like her previous efforts. eve1 The production is really good. It sounds expensive and polished,  but she keeps sticking to the same style and it  feels like she has been doing the same song for 10 years. 

I don't mind the lyrics. true1 

Yes, there is something off about Lorde's new song  production wise. It doesn't sound expensive, but at least it is creative and different.

That "something off" is Jack Switchitoff kesha5

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.