Princess Aurora

Are you against songs that sound the same ?

Here's an example of it . Inspired by @Urbi's Status Update moo1 

As some people mentioned here, they think that two similar songs is a sign of being unoriginal. In my opinion, I think that it's pretty cool to rework or using the same producer in certain songs, it really helps a lot with mash-ups. I'm not even a Lorde fan but this mash-up sounds better than the original song rip2 I think both vocals compliment each other as well clap3 so maybe a future collab might happen ? Back to the previous argument, Do you think it's generally bad to have similar songs among different artists ? rav1 

tbh no jj4 i also don't really like when covers have more success than the original song, imagine being the guy who recorded the original song jj4 

14 minutes ago, Shego said:

tbh no jj4 i also don't really like when covers have more success than the original song, imagine being the guy who recorded the original song jj4 

Do you know they have the royalties, right ? rip4 The only problem would be when they discredit the source material. Covers, on the other hand, don't have this problem since they get the permission from the original artist 

19 minutes ago, Shego said:

Dolly parton is thankful whitney recorded her song, she got more royalties than if there were no hit cover...

No, I don't like it when two songs sound the same, it's why I can't get into Born This Way, it sounds so similar to Express Yourself.

Xtina's Make Over a total rip off from Sugababes' Overload.

Kelly's Already Gone and Yonce's Halo. I prefer Already Gone though. bey11

22 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Do you know they have the royalties, right ? rip4 The only problem would be when they discredit the source material. Covers, on the other hand, don't have this problem since they get the permission from the original artist 

And they still unknown artists cause the cover overshadowed their own version. There are many popular songs that are covers and the artists that created them aren't well known to the people, isn't it sad for them?

page queen GIF

9 minutes ago, Shego said:

And they still unknown artists cause the cover overshadowed their own version. There are many popular songs that are covers and the artists that created them aren't well known to the people, isn't it sad for them?

page queen GIF

Well, it is but from a financial point of view, they're still safe. It depends on the artist of course, some don't mind about popularity while others do. 

It depends. If it’s good then I kinda won’t mind but if it isn’t then I’ll rip it to shreds. Most of the time though I don’t like it. 

It definitely depends. For example Tamar Braxon's "Makin' Love" and Shawn Mendes's "Aftertaste" both have a part that sounds similar to Mariah's "Melt Away", however they're all completely different songs so it doesn't bother me.

I think the situation with Already Gone and Halo is kind of unique. Neither artists were copying each other, they just got set up by a producer. Not that it matters much anyway as in the end we got two fantastic songs.

4 hours ago, Trunks said:

Xtina's Make Over a total rip off from Sugababes' Overload.

I agree, i take more issue when it's obvious that a song is a copy. Make Over being a perfect example. There's not even a good excuse in that specific case, it was just a blatant rip off. 

Ed Sheeran's Shape Of You and Gaga's Born this Way  & Babylon are others i have problems liking for the same reason. 

Not generally, no it doesn’t bother me because I think most of the time it’s pretty clear that it’s not intentional. If it’s obvious that someone has purposefully ripped off another song then I feel a little gross about it, but if it’s just an accident or came down to sharing a producer who used a similar sound (take Halo and Already Gone as an example of that) then no I don’t get bothered. All sounds have been made before, all words have been sung before, all themes have been worked with before, there’s gonna be repeats somewhere along the way. 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's an example of it . Inspired by @Urbi's Status Update   As some people mentioned here, they think that two similar songs is a sign of being unoriginal. In my opinion, I think that it's pret

tbh no  i also don't really like when covers have more success than the original song, imagine being the guy who recorded the original song  

And they still unknown artists cause the cover overshadowed their own version. There are many popular songs that are covers and the artists that created them aren't well known to the people, isn't it

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.