Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Wonder

Maroon 5 Pacing for Their Worst Debut Since Their Debut Album

29 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

It's a shame they turned into such shit, it really is. They had something with Songs About Jane and they even showed potential to do okay with a poppier sound with It Won't Be Soon Before Long but they just totally lost the plot when they ceased being a band and started being Adam Levine doing whatever's hitting on the radio featuring a backing band. It's gone so down hill I can barely listen to Songs About Jane without feeling self conscious about Maroon 5 being in my last.fm scrobbles. 

This Love will always be childhood-defining for me.. and I actually still enjoyed them up until Overexposed (one of my top albums of that year tbh),  but they REALLY fell off with V and they just got progressively worse since then rip4 Red Pill Blues was one of the most generic albums I've heard and one of the worst too, I think the fact that the album cover is literally just them with a Snapchat filter sums it up. 

And yeah I actually still enjoy their older discography but I never stream them because I don't want them to get too much plays on my last.fm. gaga1 

1 minute ago, Snow said:

This Love will always be childhood-defining for me.. and I actually still enjoyed them up until Overexposed (one of my top albums of that year tbh),  but they REALLY fell off with V and they just got progressively worse since then rip4 Red Pill Blues was one of the most generic albums I've heard and one of the worst too, I think the fact that the album cover is literally just them with a Snapchat filter sums it up. 

And yeah I actually still enjoy their older discography but I never stream them because I don't want them to get too much plays on my last.fm. gaga1 

I don't hate Overexposed but I can't figure out if it's because I like the songs or if the nostalgia has overpowered judgement (my mom played the shit out of it and that was the tour I saw them on for her birthday). 

1 hour ago, Snow said:

Literally starting with V it's been progressively generic pop music with slight rock influences and it all sounds similar dead2

But because it's generic the GP continue to eat it up ari9

5 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

It's a shame they turned into such shit, it really is. They had something with Songs About Jane and they even showed potential to do okay with a poppier sound with It Won't Be Soon Before Long but they just totally lost the plot when they ceased being a band and started being Adam Levine doing whatever's hitting on the radio featuring a backing band. It's gone so down hill I can barely listen to Songs About Jane without feeling self conscious about Maroon 5 being in my last.fm scrobbles. 

lmfao1  

Idk where they are in mine fall5 

I mean, they’re entitled to make whatever music they want, but god I miss their old sound. Their first 3 albums are stellar. I love them, but the latest albums… I don’t know. I won’t even touch them :/ 

Maroon 5 really have had one of the biggest declines in music history in terms of quality, but I'm still kinda shocked they are flopping so hard considering I thought every soccer mom in America stans them brit14

Maybe they will make better music next time

What Lovers Do is still a bop tho

8 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

dead0 I feel you. SWBL, MGO and then MMW were all great rock-pop songs, but now I don't wish to tarnish my reputation by playing them.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.