Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LÉON

Albums from your faves that you skipped

I used to stan Marinara hard during her debut era, to the point where she's still in my top 10 most played artists ever:

https://www.last.fm/user/theberen/library/artists?date_preset=ALL

I bought EH and Froot, and gave them a decent amount of scrobbles even though both are patchy and have about 3 good songs each.

But I completely skipped Love + Fear. A useless album. I couldn't believe it when I read the other day that it was meant to be inspired by a book by some psychologist or other.

This quote from Reddit sums up my feelings about it:

I think it’s very ironic (and a let-down) how in between Froot and L+F she took all these classes on psychology and said they inspired her but the result was her most basic lyrics yet

Link

What albums have you skipped from your faves ?

Well I don’t stan Halsey anymore but when I did I was completely in love with her sound and aesthetic. I was in middle school and going through my tumblr phase so her music was perfect for me at the time.

As she steered more towards commercial music she started to lose me. I still listened to Hopeless Fountain Kingdom and thought it was pretty good but by the time Manic came around I never even heard it. I  thought Without Me was basic and unlike her so I just assumed I’d be better off not listening to the album. I did enjoy Nightmare. I thought it was one of the best songs she’s created but it didn’t even make the album so it gave me another reason not to listen to it.

5 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

Halsey's Manic, Marina's Love + Fear, Gaga's Joanne, FATM's High as Hope, to name a few.

I downloaded Hunger and stopped there. I trust your taste enough to not bother with anything else ever now gag1

Just now, Royalty said:

Joanne by Gaga lol2 

Yours Truly by Ariana lol2 

Ultraviolence  by Lana lol2 

I skipped Ultraviolence at first, until I heard Old Money and I had to get it alex1

It's so much better than her last 2 (3? Has BB come out yet? Does Lanadderall even know if it has?) albums

Just now, Gabe. said:

skipped as in didn't listen altogether or just listened once or twice and ditched it...?

Didn't buy it at the time and/or never used it properly

Just now, LÉON said:

Didn't buy it at the time and/or never used it properly

oh. 

High as Hope from Florence

Brightest Blue from Ellie

and several records from some rock bands i used to listen to and just moved on from, Muse comes to mind.

2 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

oh. 

High as Hope from Florence

Brightest Blue from Ellie

and several records from some rock bands i used to listen to and just moved on from, Muse comes to mind.

No one bought HAH it seems gag1

2 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

Hard Candy.

I am still searching for the right support group.  true1 

I bought it, and it's the last album I ever bothered with from Madonna. Controversially, I feel it's the one with the least filler.

Britney - Myah Jean. 

Breezy - Royalty and HOAFM

Mariah - MOAIA 

Beyonce - Everything Is Love

Madonna - Rebel Heart and MDNA

Rihanna - Unapologetic 

Ariana - Yours Truly 

Janet - 20 YO

Kylie - Golden

Ciara - Jackie

Xtina - Lotus

Kill me but i like Joanne 

I've listened to all their albums at some point, 

but in terms of skipping them from now on, and wanting to forget they exist, I'd say:

Ariana - Yours Truly

Beyonce - Everything Is Love

Mariah - Emotions, Charmbracelet

Rihanna - Music Of The Sun, A Girl Like Me, Talk That Talk

48 minutes ago, LÉON said:

I skipped Ultraviolence at first, until I heard Old Money and I had to get it alex1

It's so much better than her last 2 (3? Has BB come out yet? Does Lanadderall even know if it has?) albums

Anal

55 minutes ago, LÉON said:

I downloaded Hunger and stopped there. I trust your taste enough to not bother with anything else ever now gag1

Hunger is actually really the only song I use from the album rip2 

Big God is the one of the few other decent songs on the album with The End of Love closely following it and then Sky Full of Song. I wouldn't even bother with the rest. It was just so underwhelming. I don't mind that it's a more lowkey album but that doesn't mean it has to be bland and boring rip4

The amount of times I've listened to it and still can't tell you anything about half the tracks rip4 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.