Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LÉON

Albums from your faves that you skipped

Ariana: Sweetener & Positions. I can't remember half of Positions rip4 

Taylor: Evermore. Not bad per se, but between Folklore, Fearless TV and other releases, I don't think I gave it my full attention.

Gaga: Joanne. Self-explanatory.

Lana: Chemtrails Over the Country Club. Tried to listen to it the day it came out, lost my attention halfway into it, dropped it, still haven't came back rip4 

Florence: High as Hope. It's her worst album for me. Extremely disappointing, especially after the bible that is HBHBHB.

Tove: Sunshine Kitty. Some good tracks, but mostly forgettable and very, very disappointing.

21 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

People saying Joanne and pretending Cheek 2 Cheek doesn't exist. tina1 

Except Cheek To Cheek is a stellar jazz album if you're in the right mood, and so is Joanne true1 

ariana - positions aside from the two singles

beyonce - DIL and everything post 2014

xtina - liberation and debut. im still figuring out her discog dead1 

dua - the moonlight edition dead1 useless reissue

katy - most of Witness

Kylie - i (at this point) only use (some of) Fever and Disco. the rest i havent got to yet

lana - most of COCCk is dispoable jj3 shouldve reissued NFR with COCC, TJF and WAH

mariah - charmbracelet and gutter

rihanna - a girl like me

selena - rare was p disappointing

taylor - i havent given Folklore or evermore the attention they deserve

1 hour ago, CHANEL #1 said:

Hunger is actually really the only song I use from the album rip2 

Big God is the one of the few other decent songs on the album with The End of Love closely following it and then Sky Full of Song. I wouldn't even bother with the rest. It was just so underwhelming. I don't mind that it's a more lowkey album but that doesn't mean it has to be bland and boring rip4

The amount of times I've listened to it and still can't tell you anything about half the tracks rip4 

Big God was notable, but I don't feel the need to listen to it as you kind of get the gist about halfway through rip4 I hated Hunger at first and I still think it's one of her worst vocal performances, but the production and lyrics save it.

I don't even know how any of the tracks beyond Hunger and Big God go, so you're a bit of a HAH stan compared to me jj4

2 hours ago, fab said:

Taylor's debut album and Fearless gag1 

The thought of listening to any of her output before Red feels like the same vibe as adults who stan Disney gag1

The Joanne slander is too much. 

Anyway,

Madonna - Bedtime Stories and Like a Virgin

Gaga - ARTFLOP

Shawn - Handwritten

Ariana - sweetener and pissitions 

Taylor - self titled and fearless

Kylie - anything before self titled ‘94 

Janet: 20 Y.O., not a single good song on that album and her whispering makes it even more exhausting to listen to. At least Damita Jo and Discipline had some solid tracks (though Discipline also got exhausting in the second half)

Madonna: Rebel Heart. I don't know why but this album just doesn't click with me. MDNA annoys me quite a bit but there's at least some interesting ideas mixed in (I'm Addicted, Gang Bang, Love Spent come to mind) with the hot garbage (Superstar, Some Girls) and generic tracks (Girl Gone Wild, Turn Up The Radio). Rebel Heart feels like it wants to be a career retrospective, but ends up sounding like leftovers from the writing camp meant for other artists.

Which is only vaguely interesting in the context of the songs that sound like rejects from other artists, are still artists that she has inspired in some way so it kind of goes full circle? But still I listened to Rebel Heart like once, felt exhausted and never wanted to return to it. MDNA at least was memorable for better or for worse.

Prince: This is complicated because every Prince album has at least a few great songs on it, but after Lovesexy (I'll even argue after The Gold Experience) he got wildly inconsistent with the track quality. He never really let go of ANYTHING, and it shows with how he probably has the most active post-mortem releases I've ever seen of any artist.

That said, the Batman soundtrack was a MISTAKE.

Kylie: Her first two albums suck, but I'll still return to them over Golden. I don't know why people liked this album so much, it was dated on arrival, and for an "authentic" album that involves her writing again it just feels contrived.

Mariah: E=MC2 moo4
Beyoncé: I Am... Sasha Fierce only really had one single I cared for at the time and it's worse still now. I don't take anyone seriously who genuinely considers this her best album.

Taylor: While I am a newer fan, I gotta agree. Debut and Fearless don't really do it for, I'm far from old but I still feel too old for these albums dead2

Britney - BOMT. I don’t ever remember loving this album apart from the singles rip4 

Rihanna - first two albums

Demi - Don’t Forget & Here We Go Again

Little Mix - DNA & Get Weird. Both albums have great singles, but never really got into the rest. 

Kesha - Rainbow and High Road. Stanned hard up until Warrior, probably gave Rainbow one listen and couldn’t even get through High Road once

Britney: Blackout

Alicia: The Element Of Freedom 

Christina: Liberation 

P!nk: Can't Take Me Home and Hurts 2B Human 

Avril: AL5

Jennifer: Brave and JLO

Nelly: The Spirit Indestructible 

Kelly: Thankful 

Katy: Teenage Dream 

Rihanna: Music Of The Sun 

On 6/14/2021 at 2:34 AM, Mario said:

Breezy - Royalty and HOAFM 

OMG I didn't know that Chris Brown has an album with this title. @Royalty explain...are you... secretly...a stan? ari1

Anyway, OP: Right now I don't listen to Glitter anymore because wow it's so chaotic sonically. I also have stopped listening to Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel because, Idk, it aged maybe? The production is so 2008/2009.

Edit: I will say that E=MC² have gone back to being unlistenable. Some months ago I actually went back to it and listened, even favored it over Glitter. Right now I think that album is as dated as Memoirs.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.