Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LÉON

What if Shallow becomes Gaga's AIWFCIY or LAP?

It's still charting in the UK gag1 It could become her most-known and most-remembered song at this point.

It kind of sends me a bit that this is the kind of material that will end up on classic radio, and generations from now people will hear it and delve into her discography - only to find Aura or Teeth and be VERY confused gag1

I think Born This Way is also slowly rising as one of her biggest signature hits, each year I feel more and more people praise this song to an extent where it is seen as the biggest pride song and I think that's very important considering her message and what she stands for. 

I don’t see Shallow being remembered as a SIGNATURE Gaga song. More like a soundtrack/movie classic like "I've Had the Time of My Life". Does anyone know who sang the song? No, but it’s forever linked to Dirty Dancing.

Shallow isn’t reflective of Gaga’s career or mist of her musical output. Therefore, it just can’t become a quintessential Gaga song as much as her fans want it to happen.

3 minutes ago, Grams said:

I don’t see Shallow being remembered as a SIGNATURE Gaga song. More like a soundtrack/movie classic like "I've Had the Time of My Life". Does anyone know who sang the song? No, but it’s forever linked to Dirty Dancing.

Shallow isn’t reflective of Gaga’s career or mist of her musical output. Therefore, it just can’t become a quintessential Gaga song as much as her fans want it to happen.

GP doesn't care about all that mental gymnastics missj1

1 hour ago, Judge Dana Cutler said:

I think Born This Way is also slowly rising as one of her biggest signature hits, each year I feel more and more people praise this song to an extent where it is seen as the biggest pride song and I think that's very important considering her message and what she stands for. 

Gays who were in their teens 10 years ago might remember it, but I doubt anyone else knows it exists gag1

1 hour ago, Grams said:

I wanted to say Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes, and then I remembered that was that other Jennifer Warnes song katy2

All I Want For Christmas Is You and whatever 'LAP' (WAP?) is can't be compared in the first place, though. One is remembered, the other isn't.

OT: Shallow is a Gaga classic by now

Bimbo

8 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

Who are the features on Applause, Million Reasons and ARUTW? missj1

Million Reasons was NOT a hit anywhere except in the US for a week because of the Superbowl. ARUTW a hit? Pls. dead2 Applause is also extremely forgotten. Those are nowhere near as big as features were. Gaga is morphing into XTina, career-wise.

3 hours ago, Grams said:

Million Reasons was NOT a hit anywhere except in the US for a week because of the Superbowl. ARUTW a hit? Pls. dead2 Applause is also extremely forgotten. Those are nowhere near as big as features were. Gaga is morphing into XTina, career-wise.

Million Reasons was a local hit, yes, but why are we acting like having a successful single in the biggest market is not note-worthy? After the halftime show, Million Reasons received no playlisting at all, yet has 535M streams now. It also reached 3x Platinum and in a few year will get 4x Platinum. Not too shabby. May I add, it was a hit in Italy too, where it peaked at #12 and is 2x Platinum. Music video: 266M views, audio: 103M, lyrics video and performance video: 40M. 

The only push ARUTW got was being sent to UK radios and it was on TTH for maybe a month at most. Yet, 3 years later, it has 615M streams and it still gets 500k-600k daily streams, so clearly people remember it and listen to it. Not to mention it's 3x Platinum in Australia and Norway, 2x Platinum in Portugal, Platinum in UK, USA, NZ, Denmark and and Italy AND Diamond in France. 

Whether Applause is remembered or not is not relevant at all to what you were saying. It was a hit, it was her biggest radio song and spent months in the top 10, US and globally. 

Now pick your jaw off the floor and go.

TqmMcUe.gif

The way a certain member is still pressed, stressed and distressed that Gaga is still getting multi-platinum certified hits... Maybe if you put that energy into streaming Levitating (Remix) and Lana's latest stuff, they might've gone #1.

TqmMcUe.gif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.