Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kirjava

Hungary bans "promotion" of homosexuality and gender change

Hungary's parliament passed legislation on Tuesday that bans the dissemination of content in schools deemed to promote homosexuality and gender change, amid strong criticism from human rights groups and opposition parties.

Hardline nationalist Prime Minister Viktor Orban, who faces an election next year, has grown increasingly radical on social policy, railing against LGBT people and immigrants in his self-styled illiberal regime, which has deeply divided Hungarians.
His Fidesz party, which promotes a Christian-conservative agenda, tacked the proposal banning school talks on LGBT issues to a separate, widely backed bill that strictly penalizes pedophilia, making it much harder for opponents to vote against it.

The move, which critics say wrongly conflates pedophilia with LGBT issues, triggered a mass rally outside parliament on Monday, while several rights groups have called on Fidesz to withdraw the bill.
Fidesz lawmakers overwhelmingly backed the legislation on Tuesday, while leftist opposition parties boycotted the vote.
Under amendments submitted to the bill last week, under-18s cannot be shown any content that encourages gender change or homosexuality. This also applies to advertisements. The law sets up a list of organizations allowed to provide education about sex in schools.

[...]
Critics have drawn a parallel between the new legislation and Russia's 2013 law that bans disseminating "propaganda on non-traditional sexual relations" among young Russians.

Source

1 minute ago, Princess Aurora said:

That is fucked up awk1 Won't this have a conflict with other neighboring countries since Hungary's an EU member ?

Yes it will, but they don't give a fuck. We'll most likely get sanctions/cut funding by the EU for violating human rights, but that will just add more fodder to their "evil EU is always trying to hurt us" propaganda.

18 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

bans the dissemination of content in schools deemed to promote homosexuality and gender change, amid strong criticism from human rights groups and opposition parties.

the oxymoron eve1 

3 hours ago, Kirjava said:

Yes it will, but they don't give a fuck. We'll most likely get sanctions/cut funding by the EU for violating human rights, but that will just add more fodder to their "evil EU is always trying to hurt us" propaganda.

That's funny but yet they get funds and money from the same ''evil'' organization at the same time rip4 

1 minute ago, Princess Aurora said:

That's funny but yet they get funds and money from the same evil organization at the same time rip4 

Oh trust me, they don't give a flying fuck about being absolute hypocrites. moo1

Would never want to live there jj3 terrible news this is....stay safe for the FOTP'ers that live in Hungary!

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

Yeah I've no clue what is going on with Eastern Europe. Poland, now this 

They're severely brain damaged, simple true1

ANYONE that stands with this policy deserves NOTHING in this world true1

I still don't understand what anyone cares what someone else wants to do with their body and their life as long as they are not hurting themselves or anyone else. Like, what's NOT CLICKING, what is NOT CLICKING in that dumb little head of some people. We're not harming anyone, we just want to live our FUCKING LIVES FOR FUCKS SAKE. This gets my blood boiling, BOILING.

Mybloodisbioling GIF | Gfycat

If i'm not mistaken much of Eastern Europe is very religious, at least far more so than Northern/Central/Western Europe so that's likely why there's almost been a U turn. 

It's still very worrying. I hope the EU do something about it but given their poor past record i doubt they will. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.