Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Lynk

Most Prententious FOTP Faves

Pretty self explanatory. Which of the FOTP faves do you think is the most pretentious. You can also explain why if you want.

(N.B.: Pretentious doesn't mean bad)

-Royalty reads thread-

-Royalty goes to google-

- Royalty types: “what does pretentious mean”-

#RoyaltyREADS

So I’m definetly going to see Beyoncé. Don’t get me wrong, I love her and I love her music, but people threat her like she is the next Jesus, which in my eyes she isn’t. And she kinda sees herself that way too, let’s be real. That isn’t exactly wrong tho. I love some diva behaviour.

Going to step on several people's toes, but I will type what I type. lol2

For FOTP faves:

1. Gaga, I think Artpop was the most pretentious era, from the Applause video to the weird interview in a white gown. However, I think Chromatica is more authentic Gaga, and I love the 911 video. 

2. Madonna, there's nothing wrong with having a childlike personality, but she literally tries to be 20 again brit15 Both in appearance and mannerisms. I don't know how many more times the doctors can pull back her face... her eyes want to droop but can't. 

3. Mariah - pretends to be a diva for humour, but it's getting old, the "dahhhling" is so cringy, but the sheep get their life over it. dead4

Non-fotp faves:

1. Demi - self-explanatory for this year's many controversies.

2. Marina - never found her pretentious, but the new album screams, "pretentious" to me. The title alone is so cringy, the pro feminism and pro tree hugging lyrics are cringy as well. 

3. Lorde - thinks she's unique and different just because she smokes weed and makes boring music.

Bonus - Harry Styles... lol2  

15 hours ago, Trunks said:

Going to step on several people's toes, but I will type what I type. lol2

For FOTP faves:

1. Gaga, I think Artpop was the most pretentious era, from the Applause video to the weird interview in a white gown. However, I think Chromatica is more authentic Gaga, and I love the 911 video. 

2. Madonna, there's nothing wrong with having a childlike personality, but she literally tries to be 20 again brit15 Both in appearance and mannerisms. I don't know how many more times the doctors can pull back her face... her eyes want to droop but can't. 

3. Mariah - pretends to be a diva for humour, but it's getting old, the "dahhhling" is so cringy, but the sheep get their life over it. dead4

Non-fotp faves:

1. Demi - self-explanatory for this year's many controversies.

2. Marina - never found her pretentious, but the new album screams, "pretentious" to me. The title alone is so cringy, the pro feminism and pro tree hugging lyrics are cringy as well. 

3. Lorde - thinks she's unique and different just because she smokes weed and makes boring music.

Bonus - Harry Styles... lol2  

Agreed. The ARTPOP concept was great at first but the final product was so disappointing orangu1 However, Chromatica is so much better clap3 

49 minutes ago, Royalty said:

So I’m definetly going to see Beyoncé. Don’t get me wrong, I love her and I love her music, but people threat her like she is the next Jesus, which in my eyes she isn’t. And she kinda sees herself that way too, let’s be real. That isn’t exactly wrong tho. I love some diva behaviour.

How people think of her and how they treat her has nothing to do with her being pretentious. 

27 minutes ago, Trunks said:

"Dahhling" isn't a recent or diva thing, she's always said that in exactly that way even before she had a hit song or was famous. brit10

1:50 lol2

18 minutes ago, Urbi said:

How people think of her and how they treat her has nothing to do with her being pretentious. 

Okay miss mama

The only correct answer is Taylor. See: 1989 - evermore. It doesn't mean that the albums are bad (except you, reputation, you are a bad album) but she's definitely trying to impress the public to get us to say as if she's way greater than who she actually is artistically. At least with Gaga (yes, even with ARTPOP) you know that she's actually doing it without trying too desperately to impress anybody except herself. If anything, Gaga and many other FOTP fave artists slightly pander to their fanbases rather than critics. "We want dance-pop diva Gaga back!" said the Littles, well here's Chromatica!

Meanwhile, with Taylor it's always "ok so I didn't get the Grammy for Album of the Year yesterday, well I'll make a better album then!" Her focus is so much on the prize than genuinely making something WITHOUT external motivation. Yes, that includes both folklore and evermore too. They're great albums, but are you sure that she didn't make them because of the possible Grammy wins? brit10

44 minutes ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

(except you, reputation, you are a bad album)

i mean the single choise was BAD but the bsides where amazing the last track sepacially getawaycar 

ill add teh spotlight sections too

in a good way: (meaning has all the necessary required talents to achieve goals)

• taylor
  • madonna

in a bad way: (meaning has none of the necessary required talents to achieve goals)

• beyonce

in a mix of both good and bad: (has some of the necessary required talents to achieve goals)

• lana
  • gaga
  • ariana
  • marina
  • Billie
1 hour ago, Trunks said:

I just translated this word and i'm not sure if the things you mentioned make her 'pretentious'. lol3 

1 hour ago, Royalty said:

Okay miss mama

Like dgmw I see where you’re coming from but there was no correlation between what you said and Beyoncé being pretentious 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.