Snow

Taylor Swift | Red (Taylor's Version) | November 12

15 hours ago, Snow said:

The Bad Blood Remix wasn't exactly well-received though dead2 

Not by fans, but funnily enough the remix received much better reviews, borderline acclaim (mostly for Kendrick’s part and the production), from critics than the album version (which received a heavily mixed to fairly negative response), and as much as I love the woman I cannot deny that she tends to play into critic’s hands which leads me to believe a Bad Blood remix of some sort, Kendrick or not, will be included because of the reception to the core song especially considering that song’s approval has not really shifted over the years like some of 1989’s more polarizing cuts. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Not by fans, but funnily enough the remix received much better reviews, borderline acclaim (mostly for Kendrick’s part and the production), from critics than the album version (which received a heavily mixed to fairly negative response), and as much as I love the woman I cannot deny that she tends to play into critic’s hands which leads me to believe a Bad Blood remix of some sort, Kendrick or not, will be included because of the reception to the core song especially considering that song’s approval has not really shifted over the years like some of 1989’s more polarizing cuts. 

Had no idea it was better received by non-fans actually rip4 

I can buy the theory that she'd include the remix version for more critical acclaim, but also as you've said, the acclaim really came mostly from Kendrick's addition to the song. If she can't get Kendrick again (and I still feel it's unlikely), whoever's taking over his spot is gonna have some really big shoes to fill. So we'll have to see. true1 

On 6/20/2021 at 1:10 PM, Snow said:

Saw this. I guess Safe & Sound + Eyes Open might not be re-recorded.. also probably why Crazier was skipped for Fearless TV. IDWLF was released under Republic, so it might also be skipped. If we get a soundtrack re-recorded, it'll likely be Sweeter Than Fiction since that was released under Big Machine. true1 

The idea of re-recording Ronan, which was released under Big Machine as well, still feels super icky to me because of the theme of the song, but I know Ronan's mom is still a massive Taylor supporter to this day, so Taylor might actually reach out to her and his mom might agree considering she also despises Scooter's guts, and would probably love to "take back" Ronan the song. 

Crazier was intended for her debut, not Fearless. Same reason why TWAF was on Fearless and not on Speak Now.

16 hours ago, Popboi said:

Crazier was intended for her debut, not Fearless. Same reason why TWAF was on Fearless and not on Speak Now.

Oh yeah I forgot about that dead2 

4 hours ago, Snow said:

Ed confirmed he's re-recorded his vocals for EHC!

YES! I KNEW it I feel like she has most of her albums already re-recorded just because she is such a planner. Also I had no doubt Ed would be back so glad, I love him and excited for his new record too

On 6/26/2021 at 11:21 PM, Popboi said:

Didn't know that about crazier. I only knew that it was released in 2009 so I automatically put it with Fearless

Just now, Chris Morlock said:

Off topic but D.O from EXO is releasing his first solo mini album on my bday too so I'm SOOO happy for that cry6

Well I'm happy for you even though I have no clue who that is but okay! moo10

10 minutes ago, Luca said:

Well I'm happy for you even though I have no clue who that is but okay! moo10

moo10 

Sorry for derailing the thread with my stanning. Resune your regularly scheduled programming. do moo10

I wonder what the booklet pictures are gonna look like the original ones were so gorgeous especially the ones in the water. Also if the speak now cover and disc aren’t purple in some way I’m gonna be VERY upset haha purple is my favourite colour and I adore the original cover so I really hope the disc is a gorgeous lilac or violet colour and red should be duh red haha 

On 7/15/2021 at 12:12 AM, Amanda Laura said:

I wonder what the booklet pictures are gonna look like the original ones were so gorgeous especially the ones in the water. Also if the speak now cover and disc aren’t purple in some way I’m gonna be VERY upset haha purple is my favourite colour and I adore the original cover so I really hope the disc is a gorgeous lilac or violet colour and red should be duh red haha 

I prefer the red to the purple even tho purple is one of my fav colours. Since red is for red it's make sense to have purple for speak now

On 7/15/2021 at 11:12 AM, Amanda Laura said:

I think she's probably gonna stick to the original color schemes so you might be in for a treat! brit16

..Although hopefully she'll chill out a bit with it, seeing as she went "oop lemme turn up the brightness to 120" while editing the Fearless TV cover rip3

19 minutes ago, Snow said:

I think she's probably gonna stick to the original color schemes so you might be in for a treat! brit16

..Although hopefully she'll chill out a bit with it, seeing as she went "oop lemme turn up the brightness to 120" while editing the Fearless TV cover rip3

Yeah I know I was worried they were all gonna be tinted like that until she announced Red and I was like phew! The new Red cover is now my favourite cover of hers. However I do hope she doesn’t use folklore/evermore shoots/outtakes for all the albums either guess we’ll see. Unpopular opinion but I have never liked the 1989 cover I hate that her eyes are cut off like that it would be better if she zoomed in more if she was going to do that 

5 hours ago, Amanda Laura said:

Yeah I know I was worried they were all gonna be tinted like that until she announced Red and I was like phew! The new Red cover is now my favourite cover of hers. However I do hope she doesn’t use folklore/evermore shoots/outtakes for all the albums either guess we’ll see. Unpopular opinion but I have never liked the 1989 cover I hate that her eyes are cut off like that it would be better if she zoomed in more if she was going to do that 

I'm not sure about how she'll handle 1989.. on one hand I agree with you, but I remember that her not including her entire face in the 1989 album cover was actually one of her artistic victories as it was a point of contention between her and Big Machine. BM wanted her to show her full face on the cover, she didn't.. so Taylor might see including her entire face in the 1989 TV cover as her 'yielding' to Big Machine, and we know she has very strong principles especially when it comes to things like these, so it's obviously not gonna fly by her dead2 

I think if she were to include her entire face in the cover, the shot is gonna be from much further away. Something like this:

319690889176211.png