Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

SeekingThrill

New Madonna Album rumor (updated)

From PopJustice forum:

"Yes. She has starded during the last quarter of 2020 with Pat Leonard. The plan was to have an album ready before shooting the biopic and to release both at same time - multi release and Madonna everywhere. She planned to rework the Leonard tracks with another producer early 2021, they did and things were put aside. Things then took another direction, she met two new producers, one in particular, and decided to start everything from scratch with him with fresh new ideas and direction. It's not sure she will use the Leonard tracks considering the new productions."

"The Leonard tracks/demos are very classic Madonna, almost old school. Maybe too old school and that could be why she had a change of mind and decided to go for something more modern and upbeat. The Leonard demos are almost only ballads, with very personal lyrics (i already mentioned a track about her father and her family). Keep in mind that she worked with Pat at the very beginning of the album process, she wasn't sure which direction she wanted to take, she was testing, searching... She's now in a different mood, she wants people to get back on the dancefloor."

Q0xadp3.gif

A collaboration with Pat Leonard would have always made more sense for her than with William Orbit or even Mirwais. She could have made a much better album instead of Hard Candy and MDNA, and if Rebel Heart was a collab with him it would have been a better serve than what it actually was. At least we know for sure that Pat would have advised her to do a quality control and trim the excess "fats" of that album. Yes, I'm using past tense because I don't believe that she's working with him right now or ever again. She had made herself clear that she wouldn't recreate a sound that exactly comes from her past works unless she really wants it. I think she doesn't want to collaborate with Pat again. mad12

15 minutes ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

A collaboration with Pat Leonard would have always made more sense for her than with William Orbit or even Mirwais. She could have made a much better album instead of Hard Candy and MDNA, and if Rebel Heart was a collab with him it would have been a better serve than what it actually was. At least we know for sure that Pat would have advised her to do a quality control and trim the excess "fats" of that album. Yes, I'm using past tense because I don't believe that she's working with him right now or ever again. She had made herself clear that she wouldn't recreate a sound that exactly comes from her past works unless she really wants it. I think she doesn't want to collaborate with Pat again. mad12

I loved Hard Candy tho. I always loved her works with Mirwais (in MX only in some songs), Madge and Orbit made a fantastic work on ROL but i liked some songs on MDNA tho (now image if Madge worked with RedOne on it) but with the work with Pat is indeed great. 

OT: is it true? If M does a new album I'd be here for it! 

It would be sweet if she reunited with past producers & use an updated version of that sound for each era. Leonard tracks for the 80s, Orbit sounding tracks for the late 90s, Price for the 2000s & some new producers for the new songs she want's to churn out! Hope she starts to use unknown producers again, that would be interesting :)

Update

"The Leonard tracks/demos are very classic Madonna, almost old school. Maybe too old school and that could be why she had a change of mind and decided to go for something more modern and upbeat. The Leonard demos are almost only ballads, with very personal lyrics (i already mentioned a track about her father and her family). Keep in mind that she worked with Pat at the very beginning of the album process, she wasn't sure which direction she wanted to take, she was testing, searching... She's now in a different mood, she wants people to get back on the dancefloor."

On 6/21/2021 at 1:10 PM, SeekingThrill said:

Update

If true, I hope she includes their new music together on her new album. There is no reason why the album can’t have ballads and dance tracks. If she’s planning another Greatest hits album, their new songs would be perfect to add. 

On 6/22/2021 at 5:07 PM, Voguerista said:

If true, I hope she includes their new music together on her new album. There is no reason why the album can’t have ballads and dance tracks. If she’s planning another Greatest hits album, their new songs would be perfect to add. 

I don't think we'll ever get a GH again. Not in the streaming era, where playlists can be considered their equivalent.

The most we might get is a compilation of the songs that will be used in the movie, mixed with some demos, live versions and a couple new songs. bebe1

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.