Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Subway's Tuna Sandwich contains no tuna: "We cannot identify the species"

subway-tuna-te-main-210128-1667205.jpg

The New York Times published a report Sunday, which revealed that lab tests didn’t find “amplifiable tuna DNA” in Subway’s infamous tuna sandwich. 

NYT submitted “60 inches worth of Subway tuna sandwiches” from three separate Los Angeles locations for lab analysis in wake of the lawsuit filed earlier this year alleging the sandwich chain was serving customers “a mixture of various concoctions that do not constitute tuna.” The suit claims that independent lab tests showed the company meant to “imitate” tuna’s appearance by blending together these unknown ingredients. 

The study, commissioned by NYT, failed to not only identify tuna DNA, but the lab couldn’t even determine the origins of the fish in the provided sandwiches. “No amplifiable tuna DNA was present in the sample and so we obtained no amplification products from the DNA. Therefore, we cannot identify the species,” the results read. 

“There’s two conclusions. One, it’s so heavily processed that whatever we could pull out, we couldn’t make an identification,” a lab spokesperson explained. “Or we got some and there’s just nothing there that’s tuna.” NYT spoke with a tuna expert who pointed out that the protein can be difficult to identify once it becomes broken down after being cooked. 

x

14 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

I don’t eat subway, but I bet you money it’s stray cats or something.

I can see it being something like horse meat ala the IKEA meatball debacle, but I don't think it's as extreme as stray cats dead2 (hopefully..)

4 hours ago, Snow said:

I can see it being something like horse meat ala the IKEA meatball debacle, but I don't think it's as extreme as stray cats dead2 (hopefully..)

I wouldn’t put anything past these enormous fast foot franchises. Cats, horses, mutant fish.

Screaming on the inside.

Glad I never picked the tuna flavour though. I mostly pick turkey, chicken teriyaki, seafood or meatball. I assume the meatball is unknown species too aka @Ghostface's. lol2

However, I don't want to eat at subway again, they just let flies perch on the meat, cheeses and salads. brit10 So disgusting.

16 hours ago, Trunks said:

Screaming on the inside.

Glad I never picked the tuna flavour though. I mostly pick turkey, chicken teriyaki, seafood or meatball. I assume the meatball is unknown species too aka @Ghostface's. lol2

However, I don't want to eat at subway again, they just let flies perch on the meat, cheeses and salads. brit10 So disgusting.

ny6

But you like Human sapiens’s flesh, so I am sure you would have a feast with my species in and out of subway. ohno1

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.