Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Chancellor Merkel calls out Hungarys anti-queer laws

56 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Indeed, which is exactly my point, some people seem to think she can do no wrong... Anyway. 

I was the same in the early days, but much of it has just turned out to be scaremongering from the media. Brexit was more than just about immigration. There's endless complex reasons for it relating to individual industries. I always have and still do hold the view that the UK would've been better remaining within the EU, but that the EU needs reform, i also always try to understand the perspective of the other side rather than just automatically ridiculing them because they disagree with me.

I think regardless of the EU or Scotland the UK (specifically England/Wales) would've stayed closely aligned to ECHR anyway. It's kind of like the Paris Climate agreement, it's something the UK is committed to regardless anyway. The only difference perhaps being that if the Scottish government had more power they'd likely expand on the principles of the ECHR and would be more radical on climate change, for just two examples they'd probably add access to free sanitary products for women and the education of LGBTQ+ History as legal rights. 

I mean, you have a point there. I think it wasn't ''scaremongering'' but poorly articulated and biased by both sides. Same here, I believe the UK could have used the EU as their new ''Empire'' in my opinion. Since The US is slowly fading away as a promoter of Liberal Democracy on a Global scale, I think the UK could have taken that role as an EU member due to social, economic, and cultural aspects especially their influence would have definitely helped against the ''Populist'' agenda. But it's over now so it's useless to discuss about it xtina11 The good thing is that the UK is still attached to the ECHR.

9 hours ago, Simón. said:

Only Eastern European countries that signed it were Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia rip4

rip4 Read me like I'm Article 50 sis.

Those three countries really said goodbye to the USSR and we love to see it cry4

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.