Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

White British influencer slammed for coming out as 'nonbinary Korean'

uCWxyVT.png

Oli London is facing immense online backlash for announcing they "identify as nonbinary Korean", despite having no connection to the country.

London's announcement angered those on social media, which they said they did to help Koreans "feel confident enough" to express themselves and be who they are. On Monday, the white British influencer posted a YouTube video elaborating on previous tweets, in which they said they were now using they/them pronouns, in addition to "kor/ean" and "Ji/min" neopronouns. "I am Korean whether people accept it or not this is how I identify, this is what makes me happy," they wrote at the time. "This is who I am. It's in my DNA."

"I took the difficult and brave decision to come out as Non-Binary and Korean to help millions of other LGBTQI+ young people around the world, Kpop fans and the Korean people feel confident enough to be able to feel no fear to be able to express themselves and how they identify," they said in a post on Instagram. "I wanted to be a beacon of light for these brave people and tell them it’s okay to express themselves and it’s okay to come out to the world with however you identify."

Responding to the backlash, London blasted "woke people" for their criticisms. "The only people that need to be canceled is the woke people," London said. "Because they are so dangerous to freedom of speech in society."

x

Oh so that's who they are, i thought i saw them appear on Judge Grindr a few weeks back. Although i only saw it while quickly scrolling through channels 

Also it's incredibly offensive to deface the flag of a country that isn't your own like that, regardless of what it's for good or bad you have no right. 

3 hours ago, Snow said:

@Entea you, sir, are OUT OF CONTROL! clap1

I feel like Oli has helped me overcome fears of coming out and only by his courage that I now have the strength to make a public announcement:

I, Entea, who is born a British and has no connections with Latin America, identifies as a Latino. I truly hope that all Latinos embrace me, quite literally, and welcome's me into their communitea. Thank you for those who can understand where I am coming from hug1

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.