Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Gabe.

Gabe's top 100 songs of 2011 - COMPLETED.

90:

Rihanna - Birthday Cake

moo7 why this song is so short is beyond my logical explanations tbh. Had it been longer, it would DEFINITELY be the BEST song on 'talk that talk' and it would, of course, chart higher on my list. It's pure fire! I mean, listen to that! I love popping my pussy to it but the moment it ends I just get stabbed in the heart.

*my 64th most played song overall.

89:

Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know

A song that has topped the Australian chart for like... the entire 2011, blocking 'Moves Like Jagger' from reaching #1 for 8 weeks or something. OF COURSE I've gotten curious about the song. And it's pretty weird, yet unrezistable. A song that actually tells a story, and we need many of these nowadays! Kimbra's addition only adds to the song greatness.

88:

One Republic - Good Life

A song that actually brings me up whenever I'm down. Because as we all do, I have this insecurities about the future and such things, but this is one of the songs I have saved in my 'Happiness' titled playlist.

87:

Lady Gaga - Hair

One of 'Born This Way's songs that are worth loving. I think this would've done better as the LEAD single of the album, and the fact that it peaked within the top 15 of the HOT 100 the week it was released as a buzz single, only shows how much hype this record had around it, and how things could've worked way different had gaga/her label been smarter.

*my 210th most played song overall.

86:

Diddy - Dirty Money - Coming Home

One of my biggest surprises singles-wise this year. I've never liked P. Diddy, yet this song is actually great and I love listening to it whenever I'm on the road home. Thinking that, through the years, it could reach an even higher emotional point in my life makes me nothing but excited. That, if I'm ever going to leave this country.

85:

Example - Changed The Way You Kiss Me

A song that got me hooked from the 1st second. I rememeber checking the British charts and seeing electro-hop artist Example dominating the charts and blocking 'Moves Like Jagger' from its #1. +laughcry+ So I've decided to check him. And I wasn't disappointed at all, his new album, 'Playing In The Shadows', is really great and it's one of my favorite this year.

*my 356th most played song overall.

84:

Frank Ocean - Strawberry Swing

After seeing Frank Ocean was going to work with Beyoncé for a '4' track, I decided to check his music. Seeing his debut mixtape 'nostalgia, ultra', got critically acclaimed, I got even more curious and of course I ended up pleased. A mix of soul, hip-hop and contemporary r&b. 'Strawberry Swing' here samples the Coldplay song with the same title and it's ANOTHER meditative song throughout one's fate. Another song that makes me think of my own. brit11

83:

Britney Spears - How I Roll

A JAM RIGHT HERE! I've never been Britney's fan before 2011, and I've decided to check 'Femme Fatale' because of the hype it got around Britney's banned stanbase now over here, and because of the fact that 'Hold It Against Me' was really a strong lead single. What can I say? I am seriously considering 'Femme Fatale' as one of the top releases of the year. 'How I Roll' here is a completely different song from the rest, keeping the dance beat Britney is known for, but with some special sugar added to it. Love it.

*my 116th most played song overall.

82:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFnV48DqUFQ

Wale - Sabotage (feat. Lloyd)

Well this year, this autumn more specifically, I've been checking hip-hop music far more than usual, given the fact that I've really gotten into Kanye West for example, and I've attended some concerts of some big romanian rappers. So yall should be expecting many hip-hoppish jams in my end-of year list. 'Sabotage' is one of them. The lyrics flow well, it's a song I relate to at this point of my life, and I love how Wale has such a low register while Lloyd, featured on the chorus, goes all over the place with his incredibly high vocal pitch.

*my 172nd most played song overall.

81:

Beyoncé - Best Thing I Never Had

One of the MANY '4' songs I've initially hated before completely falling in love with, 'Best Thing I Never Had' is the ultimate 'FUCK YOU, I'm better off without you'. Beyoncé's vocals are of course flawless, and so is the video for the song. Unpleased with this song's commercial success, but as a Beyoncé fan, I've gotten used with all the things that went wrong this era. xtina17

*my 278th most played song overall.

TUNE IN TOMORROW FOR THE NEXT 10 SONGS! xtina8

RECAP of the day:

90. Rihanna - Birthday Cake

89. Gotye - Somebody That I Used to Know (feat. Kimbra)

88. OneRepublic - Good Life

87. Lady Gaga - Hair

86. Diddy-Dirty Money - Coming Home (feat. Skylar Grey)

85. Example - Changed The Way You Kissed Me

84. Frank Ocean - Strawberry Swing

83. Britney Spears - How I Roll

82. Wale - Sabotage (feat. Lloyd)

81. Beyoncé - Best Thing I Never Had

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.