Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Spooky Starboy

Your political ideological journey?

Started out as a political moderate — socially liberal, a 50/50 person on finance and economics. 

There are some aspects of my viewpoint that are conservative, if you could call it that, with respect to international affairs, but other than that — living under Donald Trump has turned me into a fully fledged liberal.

19 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

Started out as a political moderate — socially liberal, a 50/50 person on finance and economics. 

There are some aspects of my viewpoint that are conservative, if you could call it that, with respect to international affairs, but other than that — living under Donald Trump has turned me into a fully fledged liberal.

Are you suggesting you’re an interventionist? dead2

I kinda am a bit “conservative” on international affairs as well but like you said I wouldn’t really call it that. I’m just against the Maduro regime in Venezuela and the Castro regime in Cuba, which isn’t a very popular stance in leftist spaces.

38 minutes ago, Starboy said:

Are you suggesting you’re an interventionist? dead2

I kinda am a bit “conservative” on international affairs as well but like you said I wouldn’t really call it that. I’m just against the Maduro regime in Venezuela and the Castro regime in Cuba, which isn’t a very popular stance in leftist spaces.

Interventionist in the sense that if I would rather have the United States or China, or even Russia intervene in a situation, I would want it to be the United States.

I mean, it would be nice if we lived in a world where that didn’t happen, but in the arena of reality and things that actually happen, I would rather it be that way. To go further down that road is to explore utopian-Marxism, and that’s a pointless exercise. 

The problem with folks on the far left that idolize those regimes is that they don’t quite conceptualize that you have to adhere to the boundaries set by the state, or you become an enemy of the state. It strikes me as naive and hopelessly idealistic. 

The loons on the far right realize this and encourage it. They take pride in purging differences. 

I’m an interventionist and a conservative in the sense that I would rather have my country fill that space than China or Russia.

22 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

Interventionist in the sense that if I would rather have the United States or China, or even Russia intervene in a situation, I would want it to be the United States.

I mean, it would be nice if we lived in a world where that didn’t happen, but in the arena of reality and things that actually happen, I would rather it be that way. To go further down that road is to explore utopian-Marxism, and that’s a pointless exercise. 

The problem with folks on the far left that idolize those regimes is that they don’t quite conceptualize that you have to adhere to the boundaries set by the state, or you become an enemy of the state. It strikes me as naive and hopelessly idealistic. 

The loons on the far right realize this and encourage it. They take pride in purging differences. 

I’m an interventionist and a conservative in the sense that I would rather have my country fill that space than China or Russia.

Gotcha. That makes sense.

Completely agree on your point about the far left.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.