Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shawn's Slave

Shawn Mendes talks about Body Dysmorphia

Shawn says he has body dysmorphia whenever he looks at "perfect" pictures of himself, for example when he was oiled up and looking sexy in a photoshoot. He claims that he could never live up to that guy and this gives him body dysmorphia.

Shawn-Mendes-calvin-klein-ad-2-1200x744.jpg

Source: Paper

King shawn looks sexy whether it's photoshoot or candid pics cry0

Spoiler

I find this relatable, it's why I stopped using make up, foundation can make you look flawless but when I wash it off I feel 100x uglier. nicki5

Shawn always looks great. But it just shows how you can have the "perfect" body in the eyes of millions yet still be insecure about it yourself. 

8 hours ago, SeekingThrill said:

The problems of good looking and rich people. gaga6 

7 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

This

I understand what you're saying but also let's not trivialize someone's mental struggles, yeah? No matter how rich, no matter how successful, no matter how pretty you are, none of that keeps you from experiencing things like this. Wealth and status does not make someone immune to mental health issues and image issues. We've seen time and time again celebrities who have gone through things like this in silence and it's ended in disaster purely because they were told "oh you're rich and famous, no one wants to hear your problems". We've gotta stop pretending that just because someone is famous that they aren't allowed to experience things like this. That's not to mention how much someone in his position saying this could matter to the fans reading/listening, especially in young fanbase like his. All it could take is some young boy or girl hearing that someone they look up to and idolize like him talking about this to make them know they aren't alone. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I understand what you're saying but also let's not trivialize someone's mental struggles, yeah? No matter how rich, no matter how successful, no matter how pretty you are, none of that keeps you from experiencing things like this. Wealth and status does not make someone immune to mental health issues and image issues. We've seen time and time again celebrities who have gone through things like this in silence and it's ended in disaster purely because they were told "oh you're rich and famous, no one wants to hear your problems". We've gotta stop pretending that just because someone is famous that they aren't allowed to experience things like this. That's not to mention how much someone in his position saying this could matter to the fans reading/listening, especially in young fanbase like his. All it could take is some young boy or girl hearing that someone they look up to and idolize like him talking about this to make them know they aren't alone. 

This.

That's why Britney was afraid to speak up for 13 years, people always trivialise mental struggles and always say things like, "Kids in africa have it worse". moo12

15 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I knew you would write this kind of post.  sia2 

Poor Shawn. I feel for him. I struggle with my body image sometimes as well even though I'm fit so I can understand where he's coming from.

But I imagine it must be even more difficult being in the spotlight especially when you've already shown your body off in photoshoots and the public expects him to look like as fit as he did then when it's not realistic. Like he said, lighting, make-up and angles all play into that.

He never did seem like the type of person who would do those types of shoots and it seems he wasn't after all.

On 7/11/2021 at 8:59 PM, SeekingThrill said:

The problems of good looking and rich people. gaga6 

This is actually one of the worse things I've read on this forum true1

No matter how rich, good looking, etc... someone is, they can always have their own demons. Body dysmorphia is a very real and hard struggle to deal with and I bet it's even worse when you're in the public eye, with millions of people talking about your appearance true1

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.