Starboy

What will Ellie’s next album sound like?

Honestly I don't know what I even want from her at this point rip4 ideally I'd want her to do something a little more upbeat but darker. Something like Taylor & Zayn's I Don't Wanna Live Forever or some of the songs from Zayn's debut sonically.

Realistically though? It'll probably just be Brightest Blue 2.0, with the same division ala BB & EG.0.

20 minutes ago, mylifelies said:

I don’t know at this point rip4 Maybe it could be either pop with 2000s influences or pop rock with a softer tone

That would be so interesting to hear! I wonder if she’d be able to pull it off though ohno1

9 hours ago, Snow said:

Honestly I don't know what I even want from her at this point rip4 ideally I'd want her to do something a little more upbeat but darker. Something like Taylor & Zayn's I Don't Wanna Live Forever or some of the songs from Zayn's debut sonically.

Realistically though? It'll probably just be Brightest Blue 2.0, with the same division ala BB & EG.0.

I want one cohesive, singular album this time. Not this B-side of the album BS clap1

She should just go to basics and not have the obvious overhanging expectations of needing to always have a global multi-billion streamed song with each era. I’m tired of her being a footnote on her own songs with how many feats we needed to endure before barely getting any solo single from Brightest Blue.

Brightest Blue was a great album but its entirely existence is 110% tainted by its filled diaper EG.O side. I’d happily even accept a grunge album from her if it was cohesive and honest.

32 minutes ago, Brutus said:

She should just go to basics and not have the obvious overhanging expectations of needing to always have a global multi-billion streamed song with each era. I’m tired of her being a footnote on her own songs with how many feats we needed to endure before barely getting any solo single from Brightest Blue.

Brightest Blue was a great album but its entirely existence is 110% tainted by its filled diaper EG.O side. I’d happily even accept a grunge album from her if it was cohesive and honest.

Omg a grunge Ellie album??? Gimmeee nowwwww oprah15 

I am hoping for a similar sound to Halcyon/Halcyon Days with some 200s pop and even a little pop punk influence, I know its an unpopular opinion but she suits the EDM sound really well too give me more of that too

She said this on Joe Wicks’ podcast:

“I spent a lot of time by myself, quite introspective. I had a backlog of things I wanted to write about," "It was quite deep and emotional. And this album is the opposite of that. I found this dream team of writers, who just for some reason, without even having to talk about it, were all on the same page.

Together we’re on this mission just to have fun. We just want to make music for people to dance to and forget about everything in the past year."

Don’t know why she thinks people wouldn’t listen to Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia instead, but okay.

2 hours ago, Brutus said:

She said this on Joe Wicks’ podcast:

“I spent a lot of time by myself, quite introspective. I had a backlog of things I wanted to write about," "It was quite deep and emotional. And this album is the opposite of that. I found this dream team of writers, who just for some reason, without even having to talk about it, were all on the same page.

Together we’re on this mission just to have fun. We just want to make music for people to dance to and forget about everything in the past year."

Don’t know why she thinks people wouldn’t listen to Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia instead, but okay.

Omg Delirium Pt. 2 cry6

I genuinely don’t consider that much of Delirium to be super dance-able. Maybe a half at absolute most of standard version and easily less than a third on the deluxe edition. I think she’s a better at dance when she’s on tracks like Summit or Don’t Leave.

On 7/22/2021 at 6:10 AM, Brutus said:

I genuinely don’t consider that much of Delirium to be super dance-able. Maybe a half at absolute most of standard version and easily less than a third on the deluxe edition. I think she’s a better at dance when she’s on tracks like Summit or Don’t Leave.

I forgot what either of these two sound like whit2 

On 7/22/2021 at 5:10 AM, Brutus said:

I was mostly referring to the standard edition of the album, which I personally find to be fun and made to make people get up and dance, as I find myself doing sometimes lol.